malickfan
Ringdrotten
azriel
Forest Shepherd
Sinister71
14 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

script writing for the Hobbit... - Page 2 Empty Re: script writing for the Hobbit...

Post by Bluebottle Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:49 pm

ElendilTheShort wrote:I had to avert my eyes in disgust at his inclusion as they could have taken that precious screen time and extended the longing looks between the dwarf and elf.

You mean dwarf and hobbit, surely. #bagginshield

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

script writing for the Hobbit... - Page 2 Empty Re: script writing for the Hobbit...

Post by Sinister71 Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:50 pm

Which ones? Hollywood is sure to milk the crap out of lovingly expand on this franchise as long as they can

Which in all honesty is why I'm writing a script. In case they do remake it. I plan on using my connection at WB to find out if it ever happens IF she can find out. And I will figure out a way to get it noticed. At least I can say it was written by someone with a genuine love of Tolkien's material and the story itself. Stranger things have happened.

Suspect  NEVERMIND I'LL BE OVER HERE KEEPING MY MOUTH SHUT Suspect
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:53 pm

You better bring me onboard when it happens Sin as an advisor, or buckie sampler, or something or you shall feel the wrath of my crabbit!

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:23 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:You better bring me onboard when it happens Sin as an advisor, or buckie sampler, or something or you shall feel the wrath of my crabbit!

I'm just laughing at the image of you and Sin working with Jackson on a remake (I gurantee the studio would want him as a Executive producer or consultant on future films...) Laughing

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:19 pm

I think the initial conversation might go something like this "Ok PJ you are on board for this, but we feel we may have to teach you a new word, as you will be hearing it a lot every time you make a suggestion, and we know its been years since you have heard anyone say it to you. The word is 'no' it may often be followed by 'are you fucking kidding?' and 'the doors over there'.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:30 pm

script writing for the Hobbit... - Page 2 Th_watching_you_cat_zpsa13f1d21

just in case.................

script writing for the Hobbit... - Page 2 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

script writing for the Hobbit... - Page 2 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:33 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:You better bring me onboard when it happens Sin as an advisor, or buckie sampler, or something or you shall feel the wrath of my crabbit!

You got it Petty Thumbs Up

Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:38 am

malickfan wrote:

I'm just laughing at the image of you and Sin working with Jackson on a remake (I gurantee the studio would want him as a Executive producer or consultant on future films...) Laughing

well there will be no Jackson UNLESS he is the one getting ME a cup of tea pub

Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:12 pm

And wear some shoes on set!

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:41 pm

and don't employ any female writers.  Suspect

wait....what..hey that cant be right.... Mad ......flying codpieces! I just hoisted my feminist credentials with my own petard.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:46 pm

Mrs. Figg you traitor to your sex!

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:17 am

Mrs Figg wrote:and don't employ any female writers.  Suspect

wait....what..hey that cant be right.... Mad ......flying codpieces! I just hoisted my feminist credentials with my own petard.

I wouldn't mind female cowriters as long as they know what is appropriate for the story Tolkien wrote. Not this whole feminine energy bullshit and writing scenes that go completely against what the source material is. I don't have a problem with female characters or interaction, I just don't think it needs to be made a big deal of like Boyens did.

Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:12 pm

Very Happy
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:23 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:and don't employ any female writers. Boyens or Walsh.  Suspect

Fixed that for you. Wink

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:21 pm

and don't employ any female writers.- Figg

I am framing that Nod And then I am going to paste it in response to you on the Who thread every other post. Twisted Evil

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:53 pm

Moon
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:34 pm

This is why one should seek legal advice before making comments of an inflamatory nature. Mad

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:56 pm

ok first rough draft is done... I'm going through it with a friend who is an actual published author to see what she thinks. I think it has potential, and once I revise what I need to, I'll probably let a few people read it. Just to get some feedback and then I will go from there. Been a lot of fun writing it so far. Been going through the appendices and the Hobbit book for material to use.Plus trying to keep it the same story Tolkien wrote (not very hard to do Thumbs Up ) and make it entertaining from a film point of view (not wanting complaints of just walking and more walking Rolling Eyes ) while keeping to the feel of Tolkien intact. I really hated all the Over the top nonsense that Jackson included and I while writing my version I can see why some changes were made. The key though is to stick to the story for the people who love Tolkien and make it entertaining for the general public. I feel if I make a good Tolkien film the general public will like it regardless. Time will tell, like I said worst case scenario I try and turn it into a film like Born of Hope best case scenario I can get my script into someones hands that feels the Hobbit needs to be remade closer to the source material by someone else. I'm thinking positive pub

Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:34 pm

The big dreams require patience: no major studio will want to touch The Hobbit for 10 years at least.  But a smaller version might catch a studio's attention on down the line...

Last edited by halfwise on Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:45 pm

I think the next official Middle-earth material will probably be spin-offs, but I'd be curious to read what you've got if and when you're interested in sharing it, Sin. Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:51 pm

mind you the amount of remakes coming out of studios these days, you never know. Very Happy it could be less than 10 years, it might be next year. cheers some director might think that Jackson made a mess of it. Shocked
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:07 am

Who would dare!
Inconceivable!

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:15 pm

Forest! cheers Wave
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:28 am

Figgster! cheers

Sorry for the absence! Things seem nice and pleasant here; did I miss anything important?

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:21 am

Sorry for the absence!- Forest

we forgive you Forest- but dont let us catch you doing it again! Evil or Very Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next