Check out this Youtuber review of the Hobbit Battle of the Five Armies'trailer and he speak the truth about how the hobbit movie sucks.

+7
Bluebottle
Eldorion
bungobaggins
Pettytyrant101
Sinister71
Forest Shepherd
Johnnyd
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Check out this Youtuber review of the Hobbit Battle of the Five Armies'trailer and he speak the truth about how the hobbit movie sucks. Empty Check out this Youtuber review of the Hobbit Battle of the Five Armies'trailer and he speak the truth about how the hobbit movie sucks.

Post by Johnnyd Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:55 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q375GdtNqk&list=UUHWINIVcwZFdVXe3U-vSCcA

Check out his Dos review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-oApY9vgLI

Hobbit 1 review
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvxa0i7aaoE

Johnnyd
Lucky Number

Back to top Go down

Check out this Youtuber review of the Hobbit Battle of the Five Armies'trailer and he speak the truth about how the hobbit movie sucks. Empty Re: Check out this Youtuber review of the Hobbit Battle of the Five Armies'trailer and he speak the truth about how the hobbit movie sucks.

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:45 pm

<delete>

Last edited by Forest Shepherd on Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Check out this Youtuber review of the Hobbit Battle of the Five Armies'trailer and he speak the truth about how the hobbit movie sucks. Empty Re: Check out this Youtuber review of the Hobbit Battle of the Five Armies'trailer and he speak the truth about how the hobbit movie sucks.

Post by Sinister71 Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:59 pm

Love em... this guy is spot on with the films and the new trailer which looks like they forgot their Hobbit again

Suspect  NEVERMIND I'LL BE OVER HERE KEEPING MY MOUTH SHUT Suspect
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:14 pm

Blimey its a thread for remeeting old friends!

Hey Johnnyd. Hey Sin.

Oddly I was just thinking of you the other day Sin, was over on ToRN accusing Pj of being a liar and got directed to a thread of 'the last time' the subject came up- of course it was you, in your usual direct no crap manner, putting the correct case that PJ's claim on using appendices material was so much bullshit. Laughing

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:47 pm

I'm surprised they haven't banned me from torn yet.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:21 pm

You have to really want to be banned on TORn to keep pushing the limits after warnings and post deletions. Banning isn't their tool of first (or second or third) resort.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:03 pm

Not that I doubt you Eldo, but that strong dissenting voices from the general consensus do seemingly get banned on there doesn't say much for a good and open climate for debate, does it?

Not that I know any specifics, mind.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:27 pm

They use norcing- as an offensive weapon! Mad
Typically we just thought it was a bit of fun, but no, ToRN have found a way to deploy it in a fight, when the tone or subject matter of a thread is not to their liking they just flood it with pictures of Thorin's hair. Mad

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:36 pm

That does sound like something Norc would do.. just with Cumberbatch pictures. Razz

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:31 pm

Bluebottle wrote:Not that I doubt you Eldo, but that strong dissenting voices from the general consensus do seemingly get banned on there doesn't say much for a good and open climate for debate, does it?

Not that I know any specifics, mind.  

I do think that the mods come down harder on people who criticize Jackson (particularly if you mention the man and not just his work) harder than those who defend him, all other things being equal and are more likely to view such posts as transgressions, yes.  But it's worth keeping in mind that they come down on people from both sides, and that there are (almost) always warnings before bannings (which is common but not something you can take for granted on all forums, unfortunately).
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:50 pm

Yeah, obviously you have a point. People are warned and banned and so on for rule transgressions, but when you make the rules for what merits such reactions there's always the question of how fair the rules are. Not that I doubt that most of these mods and so on are decent people really. It's just that decent people can find themselves doing a lot of stuff they wouldn't necesaarily stand for when they are convinced they are in the right.

And it doens't say much for a good debating climate when any negatively weighted remark is immediately jumped on by a group of people who would rather derail the discussion, as Petty describes, than actually discuss something on merit. And if there is any such thing as a division in fandom, or whatever you want to call it, then a lot of the blame has to be laid at the foot of people just not respecting other peoples right to have a different opinion.

That's my view anyway.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:26 pm

Bluebottle wrote:
And it doens't say much for a good debating climate when any negatively weighted remark is immediately jumped on by a group of people who would rather derail the discussion, as Petty describes, than actually discuss something on merit.

That's true, but it should be recognized that not everybody enjoys a good debate. On the subject of Colours, for example.... Wink

Check out this Youtuber review of the Hobbit Battle of the Five Armies'trailer and he speak the truth about how the hobbit movie sucks. 1280px-Male_kodiak_bear_face  Check out this Youtuber review of the Hobbit Battle of the Five Armies'trailer and he speak the truth about how the hobbit movie sucks. UJpDi Check out this Youtuber review of the Hobbit Battle of the Five Armies'trailer and he speak the truth about how the hobbit movie sucks. Mumbea10
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:34 am

Hey, I'm in no way averse to the exersise of pointless debate. Mad I just like to reflect on the point of my own actions, that's all. Wether they be pointless or not.

Also.. I'm not a forum.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:27 am

Well in fairness to ToRN's mods they overturned my banning and reinstated me, once I had made my robust and crabbit defence of course.
But they made the right call, eventually.

There is certainly a bias there, you are more likely to get modded when you are being critical, and similar behaviour from pro PJ folks tends to get more of a blind eye turned to it. But I think its more an institutional bias rather than a consciously deliberate one on the part of any particular mod.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:29 am

The Scourging of the Shire, superfluous!!!! Shocked The Battle of Five Armies slighltly less superfluous? Shocked

Oh fuck...

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:30 am

Check out this Youtuber review of the Hobbit Battle of the Five Armies'trailer and he speak the truth about how the hobbit movie sucks. Cybermen___delete___campaign_by_degaspiv-d33hjoa

<delete>

Last edited by Forest Shepherd on Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:33 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:There is certainly a bias there, you are more likely to get modded when you are being critical, and similar behaviour from pro PJ folks tends to get more of a blind eye turned to it. But I think its more an institutional bias rather than a consciously deliberate one on the part of any particular mod.

True, and I don't really doubt that these are decent people or that their intentions are good. But it doesn't change the result of a bad climate for debate.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:31 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Blimey its a thread for remeeting old friends!

Hey Johnnyd. Hey Sin.

Oddly I was just thinking of you the other day Sin, was over on ToRN accusing Pj of being a liar and got directed to a thread of 'the last time' the subject came up- of course it was you, in your usual direct no crap manner, putting the correct case that PJ's claim on using appendices material was so much bullshit. Laughing

yeah I even say the word TORn and I get banned slap laugh slap laugh slap laugh slap laugh bunch of fan boys over there don't like hearing the truth Here's all I still have to say to them F You F You F You .... :brows: slap laugh slap laugh slap laugh
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:33 pm

Eldorion wrote:You have to really want to be banned on TORn to keep pushing the limits after warnings and post deletions.  Banning isn't their tool of first (or second or third) resort.

unless you tell a MOD to shove it up their ass Shocked .... Then its a lifetime ban with no ever going back, and if you do they ban you again slap laugh slap laugh slap laugh slap laugh
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:07 am

Sinister71 wrote:unless you tell a MOD to shove it up their ass Shocked .... Then its a lifetime ban with no ever going back, and if you do they ban you again:

Most people (on most forums) would consider this to be an example of "really want[ing] to be banned".
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:11 am

I dont know what it says about our forum that you probably wouldn't get banned, but its got to be good that no one has ever felt the need told a mod to shove anything anywhere!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:13 am

I think that on the very rare occasions where we've had marauding trolls pass by they have made comments similar to that, and they were banned.  Regular members can get away with a lot of mouthing off towards moderators, though.  I appreciate that this policy has been reciprocated with a lack of verbal abuse, but sometimes I think you guys don't realize how good you have it here. Suspect
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:15 am

Eldorion wrote:sometimes I think you guys don't realize how good you have it here. Suspect

I'm pretty sure you've said this a bazillion times. Rolling Eyes

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:16 am

They are rare occasions, and I wouldnt call them members just trolls looking for trouble.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:18 am

bungobaggins wrote:I'm pretty sure you've said this a bazillion times. Rolling Eyes

Blame it on my feeble attempts to prop up my ego in the face of my crippling self-doubt.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next