Elthir
RA
Bluebottle
Forest Shepherd
Eldorion
25 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 3 Empty Re: Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2]

Post by bungobaggins Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:20 pm

I guess I'm one to talk really. I hate most aspects of the website, but I can't stop going there. I have stopped posting, though, apart from making a comment a month ago on a meta-sub regarding the aftermath of "the fappening." {{{I can't believe I just typed "fappening." Look, I did it again. :facepalm: }}}

I think some subs have done a better job at curtailing the amount of repetitive posts. r/atheism is no longer a default. most askreddit threads are better than they used to be, although I wish more people would use the "serious replies only" option. But there are still things that bug me, and really it always boils down to the users.

{{{I don't like puns. Although, you might have guessed that. Saucy Wink }}}

edit: I really enjoyed a lot of the posts in this askreddit thread last week. http://redd.it/2hqjp8 Although I doubt any of the stories are true, it was still fun to read.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 3 Empty Re: Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2]

Post by Eldorion Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:26 pm

Well there's a reason that the phrase "lowest common denominator" has a meaning outside mathematics, and when a site gets to be as big as Reddit, the signal-to-noise ratio can become a serious problem. At that point it really falls to moderators to pick a vision and try to keep the community true to it. I actually have a lot of respect for Reddit central for sticking to their vision of allowing subreddits to be self-governing (although this has led to issues with responsiveness to illegal activity), but I think that's the main reason there can be such drastically different tones on different parts of the site.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:37 pm

scratch I dont understand anything on this page.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:44 pm

u got norced

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:01 pm

Laughing

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:41 pm

Mad
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:09 am

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:42 am

Mrs Figg wrote:scratch I don't understand anything on this page.

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 3 00425ed772f87f1902fa36dbd4c2b6fa

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:42 am

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 3 D0bVuYo

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:36 am

I second the sentiment on the Frodo picture, I wish none of this had happened as well! Mad

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:26 am

Mmmmm Nod

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 3 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 3 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:50 pm

That poster is fucking disgusting.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:28 pm

Yup, gory Bilbo in full battle mode at the Battle of Five Armies- just like Tolkien intended it :facepalm:

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:41 pm

Its the look in Bilbo's eyes that let it down, to fierce, to determined. He wasnt even at the fooking battle, having been K'od. Oh buggeration ! how I hate Peejers for the ill he's caused ! Mad

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 3 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:56 pm

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 3 Fivearmy_zps7907d964

Asda
Sainsbury's
Tesco
Morrison's
Waitrose

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:59 pm

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 3 Bard1_zpsdb6e7361

Knew it, just knew it, you lot have got it all wrong, so did Tolkien, Bard shoots dragon with arrow & defeats everyone on his own. There, see, I was right.
. Laughing Very Happy

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:27 pm

chris63 wrote:
Mrs Figg wrote:scratch I don't understand anything on this page.

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 3 00425ed772f87f1902fa36dbd4c2b6fa

Laughing

bless Frodos little face. I love you
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:29 pm

agreed. that new poster sucks lemon sherbet in hell.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:26 pm

I can't wait to see BOtFA sweep the oscars...

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:27 pm

chris63 wrote:Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 3 D0bVuYo
So who is he holding at swords-point. The audience?

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:40 pm

#notmyhobbit

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:41 pm

Forest Shepherd wrote:
So who is he holding at swords-point. The audience?

ur gonna watch dis movie and ur gonna like it

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:47 pm

It's really very strange. Trying to have Martin Freeman make a fierce face in this kind of role just doesn't work.

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:08 pm

bungobaggins wrote:#notmyhobbit

I'm using that hashtag for anything hobbit related from now on. And the fact of the matter is that Martin Freeman is great for the Bilbo Tolkien intended, not the Bilbo PJ as destroyed.

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 3 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Elthir Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:54 pm

I too like Freeman for Bilbo... in another movie under a different director and so on... but in theory.

Plus that poster is funny... they didn't even spell deafening right Rolling Eyes
Elthir
Elthir
Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next