bungobaggins
azriel
halfwise
Orwell
chris63
20 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [3] SPOILERS Empty Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [3] SPOILERS

Post by chris63 Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:09 am

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [3] SPOILERS Empty Re: Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [3] SPOILERS

Post by chris63 Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:28 am

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [3] SPOILERS Empty Re: Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [3] SPOILERS

Post by Orwell Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:36 am

I don't even want to watch it... but I know I will... pale

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:31 pm

bungobaggins wrote:
Ringdrotten wrote:I'd agree and say thankya (aye, bungo? Very Happy) but then my own "review" of DoS springs to mind, which wasn't very objective either. It was more like a crabbit-explosion that I'm sure many would describe as childish too. Still, getting that worked up over some movie critic who doesn't agree with you is pretty silly.

I think it's okay to have crabbit explosions in our own reviews, but to get so upset at someone else's review because they didn't like it when you haven't even seen the movie yourself is just stupid.

Don't we get crabbit about obviously PJ fawning positive reviews? Same thing I think.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:51 pm

I get crabbit just seeing peejers face & manic hair ! Mad Mad Mad

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [3] SPOILERS Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [3] SPOILERS Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:04 pm

Hmmm, maybe. cyclops

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:54 pm

Interview with Martin Freeman by ToRN-

http://newboards.theonering.net/forum/gforum/perl/gforum.cgi?guest=126254432&do%3Dpost_view_flat%3Bsb%3Dpost_time%3Bso%3DDESC%3Bpost%3D805773=View+Flat+Mode#805808

Couple of things leapt out at me -

MEDIA: So, Peter was describing you as "always surprising" and talked about, sort of, the multiple takes and getting all of the different colors. What is your process when you have to do six, seven, eight takes, and each one sort of comes out differently each time?

Freeman- .....because I have a pretty low boredom threshold and I see no point in if you've done, you know, when you get the direction that's perfect. Perfect, do exactly the same thing again. Why? I mean, if it was perfect. Why? If they can't-- If everything was fine, I don't want to do it again.

...'"Oh, look. It's another amazing set." Another incredible set that will be used for twelve minutes. And then never again.'

'And even though this is a heightened fairytale, you have to ground it in some kind of relatable truth. We're not making "The Hurt Locker" or whatever, but I think unless the stakes are high, and unless the stakes are relatively real, then why should people care? That's what I liked about The Rings films, because that pain all seemed to be there for real.'

'There will be things about it that you will miss, there will be people and experiences that you kind of think, "Oh, that was-- It's a shame I'll never have that particular one again." But, honestly that's kind of like on every job. It's like that on every job. This is slightly different I guess, because it's longer, but in that way nature find its own way. The longer it is the more you want to finish it, you know what I mean? Because you know, the longer something is, the more you've had time to get annoyed at people.'

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:58 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Interview with Martin Freeman by ToRN-

http://newboards.theonering.net/forum/gforum/perl/gforum.cgi?guest=126254432&do%3Dpost_view_flat%3Bsb%3Dpost_time%3Bso%3DDESC%3Bpost%3D805773=View+Flat+Mode#805808

Couple of things leapt out at me -

MEDIA: So, Peter was describing you as "always surprising" and talked about, sort of, the multiple takes and getting all of the different colors. What is your process when you have to do six, seven, eight takes, and each one sort of comes out differently each time?

Freeman- .....because I have a pretty low boredom threshold and I see no point in if you've done, you know, when you get the direction that's perfect. Perfect, do exactly the same thing again. Why? I mean, if it was perfect. Why? If they can't-- If everything was fine, I don't want to do it again.

...'"Oh, look. It's another amazing set." Another incredible set that will be used for twelve minutes. And then never again.'

'And even though this is a heightened fairytale, you have to ground it in some kind of relatable truth. We're not making "The Hurt Locker" or whatever, but I think unless the stakes are high, and unless the stakes are relatively real, then why should people care? That's what I liked about The Rings films, because that pain all seemed to be there for real.'

'There will be things about it that you will miss, there will be people and experiences that you kind of think, "Oh, that was-- It's a shame I'll never have that particular one again." But, honestly that's kind of like on every job. It's like that on every job. This is slightly different I guess, because it's longer, but in that way nature find its own way. The longer it is the more you want to finish it, you know what I mean? Because you know, the longer something is, the more you've had time to get annoyed at people.'

I have always liked how straight to the point (and at times rather bored) Freeman comes across in interviews, he doesn't seem to be the type of actor who'd normally go for these sorts of projects, I can easily see him getting frustrated with the CG and long days.

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:00 pm

Yeah there is aplaineness and straight forwardness about him when he talks abouthis work I like.

Interesting also he uses the f word in that interview and TORN put it up uncensored- but just try using it in a post though!

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:09 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Yeah there is aplaineness and straight forwardness about him when he talks abouthis work I like.

Interesting also he uses the f word in that interview and TORN put it up uncensored- but just try using it in  a post though!

I didn't notice that, unusual for TORn (in fairness they do have people as young as 13-14 posting there). I think Sin was on something with the emails he had been sent by the mods (and with Figg's multiple banning's as well), I wouldn't be surprised if Jackson and co lean on the site to pull negative posts....

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:18 pm

(in fairness they do have people as young as 13-14 posting there)- Malick

Granted they have every right to set their own policies and standards, but Ive never really understood the fear of swearing.
Children should be taught when its appropriate to use, not that its bad- words are never bad, only how you put them together and express them.

If PJ and co do lean on negative posts they must have their work cut out now.
TORN is if nothing else a barometer for how bad these films are when there are just as many negative comments as positive there.
In the past you couldn't move for PJ praise. That there are so many negative comments now says something in and of itself about TH fims.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:24 pm

I never swore or used bad language while I was there. I never insulted or attacked anyone either. I certainly did not breach their rules because I know its pretty strict so I can only deduce it was the negativity towards the films they didn't like.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:26 pm

Its your Figgishness that does it. Very Happy

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:33 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote: (in fairness they do have people as young as 13-14 posting there)- Malick

Granted they have every right to set their own policies and standards, but Ive never really understood the fear of swearing.
Children should be taught when its appropriate to use, not that its bad- words are never bad, only how you put them together and express them.

If PJ and co do lean on negative posts they must have their work cut out now.
TORN is if nothing else a barometer for how bad these films are when there are just as many negative comments as positive there.
In the past you couldn't move for PJ praise. That there are so many negative comments now says something in and of itself about TH fims.

People should learn when and how to swear from real people, casual use of it on the internet is a totally different thing to real life imo, I have never shied away from using coarse langauge, but I'm mindful of doing it only in the company of those who aren't phased by it.

fuck bastard bollocks etc.

Yes I agree about TORn, even the biggest fansite for this franchise can't disguise the split in the fanbase, considering the majority of people who post there are late teens to adults, It's kinda funny to see so many discussions fall into petty squabbles (granted we do the same thing here, but at least we don't take things too seriously) that have to be fixed by mods. One thing that annoys me is people using the Source Material as an excuse, as it it was somehow Tolkien's fault than a simple childrens fairytale didn't translate entirely successfully into a overblown indulgent trilogy, many adaptations I have seen have taken far greater liberties with the source material than he did.but arguably worked better as films (The Children of Men for instance, fantastic book, but film does little more than use a few names and basic concepts of the plot but is also great), it was Jacksons decision to shoot in 48FPS, expand things into a trilogy and shove Azog, the Bunny fiddler and Planky (Legolas) so prominently into the film, his sucess with LOTR does not give him free rein to be free of criticism.

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:36 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:I never swore or used bad language while I was there. I never insulted or attacked anyone either. I certainly did not breach their rules because I know its pretty strict so I can only deduce it was the negativity towards the films they didn't like.

I'm surprised you have actually bothered to register so many times, are you trying to break a record or something?

Maybe you were just banned because the mods didn't want the hassle of someone provoking so much 'controversial' deabte.

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:08 pm

Ian McKellen on Graham Norton.

Though you might want to start here if you want to skip 8 minutes of One Direction talk.

https://youtu.be/o7wShguqy9k?t=7m38s

Not all that much there, but some fun comments.

"Well, I've seen these movies so I agree with you, but I never saw these armies. It was just me and the mates just pretending to fight, but I don't know where they all come from. They're all on the computer, aren't they, but they don't look like it. It's amazing. Absolutely amazing."

But some of them must be real.

"Well, the ones you're actually fighting, yes... Don't ask me anymore about that. I don't really understand it. "

"The best thing about seeing the movie is I now understand the plot. I had no idea what happened."

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:40 pm

" "The best thing about seeing the movie is I now understand the plot. I had no idea what happened."

YOU had no idea what happened ?? Shocked How do you think I feel ? Mad

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [3] SPOILERS Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:16 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote: (in fairness they do have people as young as 13-14 posting there)- Malick

I tend to agree with Petty. We've had people aged 14 and under post here before. I was one of them, on a time.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:22 am

Same here Eldo! I swear like a sailor now, and I did then too. I wasn't traumatized by it.

And in regards to Sir Ian's comments...

THAT'S WHY THESE MOVIES ARE TERRIBLE BECAUSE NOBODY BELIEVES IN WHAT THEY ARE DOING BECAUSE THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT TO BELIEVE IN!!

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [3] SPOILERS Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:53 am

gonna watch the movie tonight!! Very Happy
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by feanor 1999 Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:28 am

Ayup Jase...

The Bunny Fiddler... ROTFL. Thanks for cheering up a dull dull morning Mate.

Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [3] SPOILERS Empty spoileryish

Post by ElendilTheShort Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:30 am

Norc wrote:gonna watch the movie tonight!! Very Happy
i received a detailed description of the azog/fili, bolg/tauriel/kili, azog/thorin, bolg/legolas fights and it is the biggest crap fest out of all of the movies by far and suhprize, suhprize not even CLOSE to the book, not a freakin smidgen of resemblance even if you factor in and forgive the fact that 50% of those combatants are not alive, existant or named during the story. so many ott impossibilities, so many movie cliches, the worst of which has been seen literally hundreds of times with main bad guys in movies, with said moment also involving an equally cliched and frequently seen dumb hero moment that makes you want to say....well if you are that stupid you deserve to die in this stupid manner.

ElendilTheShort
Lucky Number

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:34 am

That was a bit spoilerish, what! Shocked {{And sounds awfully predictable! PeeJay!!!!!!!! Mad }}}

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:36 pm

I am glad Elendil got it out in the open Smile Saves opening a 'spoiler'. saves me wasting my precious time on what I know will be the biggest cowpat waiting to happen. Very Happy
P.S, hope you like it Norc, the film that is Smile

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:15 pm

Well if Norc doesnt like it we know its really, really bad.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next