Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'...

+19
Johnnyd
chris63
Sinister71
Ringdrotten
Orwell
Norc
Forest Shepherd
Bluebottle
RA
malickfan
David H
azriel
Mrs Figg
Pettytyrant101
Tinuviel
Radaghast
bungobaggins
halfwise
Eldorion
23 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... Empty Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'...

Post by Eldorion Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:22 pm

The latest from the "no shit" department: PJ will probably summon the cast back to New Zealand for more pick-up shoots in May.  Because what these films needs more than anything is even more material to stretch them out. Rolling Eyes

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2014/01/10/86156-more-filming-pickups-for-may-this-year/

Last edited by Eldorion on Mon May 05, 2014 3:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... Empty Re: Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'...

Post by halfwise Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:24 pm

Hopefully he'll reshoot the whole damn thing so that it actually resembles the book.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... Empty Re: Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'...

Post by Eldorion Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:26 pm

I am curious if these will be minor reshoots like they did with LOTR, or if he's bringing back the entire production crew to basically restart principal photography for a couple months like he did last year. I would suspect the former since they're not trying to fill out an additional unplanned movie's worth of material, but you never know.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:44 pm

Top comment from that news story.

Not to rush things but . . . has anyone at NewLine, WingNut, or Warner Bros.given any thought to the possibility of 2-3 real "bridge films" being done which would pick up the story of Middle-earth, particularly the Dwarves, the Elves, Sauron, Gandalf, Saruman, and the Rangers from the time of the end of *The Hobbit* to the beginning of *LOTR*? And what would the film rights situation be regarding the creation of one or more films of such material? Since it doesn't appear that the Silmarillion is likely to eventuate, this would be the best thing we could hope for, in my view: the growth of the power of Sauron, the wanderings of Gollum, the love affair between Arwen and Aragorn, the story of the Dwarves' return to Moria - all would make wonderful grist for PJ's mill!

Time-out ELE: Fuck these people.

Okay, time-in ELE. Very Happy

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:53 pm

That's a news story? Fuck those people indeed Mad

http://helob.deviantart.com/gallery/
https://stopthesecrecy.net/

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... WiuVcmi
Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:05 pm

I feel like DOS pick ups shouldn't have been such a huge deal, because it felt like they filmed a brand new movie, completely separate from the first. The tone and story contradict a bunch with AUJ, so I'm wondering if that will be the case for TABA. I'm hoping not. Yes, the films aren't great, but some consistency goes a long way. I was so distracted by all the things I could tell were done during pick-ups and the things that were original parts of the story.

Plus, they keep bumping Gandalf's encounter with Thrain. It was shown in the first AUJ trailer and in the first DOS trailer, but not in the movie. There's one shot of Gandalf in Dol Guldur that's almost a birds-eye view down a column, which I presumed Thrain was originally looking down on him from. So when is Thrain showing up?

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:18 pm

Thrain probably rescues Gandalf from his cage Neutral

Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:14 pm

Do you think if we started a petition entitled 'PJ for the love of God stop!' he might not add any more made up, subpar Dungeons and Dragons pish? Or in fact anything at all seeing as subpar Dungeons and Dragons pish seems all he is capable of.
They mention grist for the PJ mill- problem with the PJ mill is you put quality much loved literature in one end and you get shallow, laughable spectacle based cliches out the other that bear only a very superficial resemblance to anything in the original.

Just enough already PJ- you've ruined it for us already you dont need to keep ruining it more and more- you've screwed up the only chance most of us will probably ever get in our lives to see LotR's and TH done live action and we are just sick of it now, sick and tired. Please, please dont put us through any more pain, just stop now and walk away from fucking over Tolkien's memory and lifes work.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:23 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Do you think if we started a petition entitled 'PJ for the love of God stop!' he might not add any more made up, subpar Dungeons and Dragons pish? Or in fact anything at all seeing as subpar Dungeons and Dragons pish seems all he is capable of.
They mention grist for the PJ mill- problem with the PJ mill is you put quality much loved literature in one end and you get shallow, laughable spectacle based cliches out the other that bear only a very superficial resemblance to anything in the original.

Just enough already PJ- you've ruined it for us already you dont need to keep ruining it more and more- you've screwed up the only chance most of us will probably ever get in our lives to see LotR's and TH done live action and we are just sick of it now, sick and tired. Please, please dont put us through any more pain, just stop now and walk away from fucking over Tolkien's memory and lifes work.

he didnt screw LOTR up, but i agree about The Hobbit, that was well and truly shafted.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:30 pm

Well as always Figg we have to disagree on LotR's- although surely we can both agree it would probably have been better had someone else brought LotR's to the screen in a tv format where we could have had Crickhollow, Farmer Maggot, the Old Forest, Bombadil and the Barrow Downs just to mention the first half of Fellowship- and thanks to PJ that will probably not happen in my lifetime now and I will never see many of my favourite moments and favourite dialogue on screen Sad

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:34 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Do you think if we started a petition entitled 'PJ for the love of God stop!' he might not add any more made up, subpar Dungeons and Dragons pish? Or in fact anything at all seeing as subpar Dungeons and Dragons pish seems all he is capable of.

But then how will he get more money?

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:38 pm

I agree with you Petty, PJ should be trussled up & crucified for what he's got away with ! And the idea of a TV series is SO appealing ! I also miss snippets from the book, the tension of secretly getting to Crickhollow, all the hiding & scurrying about, poor Fatty Bolger pissing his pants thru fear, Little gems that are only alive because they are in MY imagination, but, I would have loved it to be real, on film, before I kick me boots skyward !

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:44 pm

Yeah me too, given the time to tell the story it could be brilliant. A creeping sense of urgency and peril not thrown crudely in your face.

Id still love Lynch to it for tv controversial as that is with some narrow minded folks!- but scenes like the Black Rider and the attack on Crickhollow and the Old Forest and the Barrow Downs, in his hands that could be awesome.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:48 pm

Thumbs Up 

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:49 pm

ok I would still love LOTR no matter what, but if One Day they do a tv version I would certainly appreciate watching the first half of Fellowship.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:54 pm

To be truthful Mrs figg, I love LOTRs as well, always have done but, if I could see all the things that had been left out (for whatever reason) Id love it ! and I guess the only way would be TV, I can just imagine the awesome excitement waiting for each episode !! Joy,bliss ! Im getting fidgetty now just thinking of it !

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:57 pm

bungobaggins wrote:Top comment from that news story.

in my view: the growth of the power of Sauron, the wanderings of Gollum, the love affair between Arwen and Aragorn, the story of the Dwarves' return to Moria - all would make wonderful grist for PJ's mill!

I can at least agree with the author on this point. He'd pulverize it until it was unrecognizable meal, then feed it to the hungry masses. Mad 
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:59 pm

Feed it to pigs, they'll eat anything, & they poop like billy-o !

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:59 pm

not so Happy Meal
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:34 pm

(Apologies in advance to any Christians on the board). My response to those comments:

Sweet Jesus Buggering F*cking Christ don't those Jackson fanboys on TORn ever stop? Any excuse to have their fangasms or sell tacky merchandise and everyone comes out of the woodwork.

Evil or Very Mad  Rolling Eyes  Extremely Crabbit  Extremely Crabbit  Extremely Crabbit 

And to think I actually posted there today.

Sheesh.

-Of course not everyone on TORn holds those views (it's probably a 50/50 split to be honest) but those who do are annoyingly vocal about it.

What possible stuff is there left to film? I'm guessing these are mainly reshoots, unless they are planning to split TABA into 'Still there' and 'Gandalf why aren't we back again yet?'.

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:42 pm

None of the titles of these movie have meant anything besides AUJ. The "Desolation of Smaug" took up maybe 5 minutes of screen time. And TABA is just stupid. As empty as any and all of these movies.

Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:45 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Just enough already PJ- you've ruined it for us already you dont need to keep ruining it more and more- you've screwed up the only chance most of us will probably ever get in our lives to see LotR's and TH done live action and we are just sick of it now, sick and tired. Please, please dont put us through any more pain, just stop now and walk away from fucking over Tolkien's memory and lifes work.
In other words, don't visit TORN and get any bad ideas. We don't need a "The Wanderings of Gollum" movie, thanks.

Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:07 pm

The thing which makes me most uncomfortable about posting on TORn is all the adverts for toys/models etc based on LOTR etc, giving the position of the estate (and Tolkien's own personality) and the much published lawsuits, it's very very uncomfortable to post a negative comment about the films when they are literally being shoved down your throat (admittedly TORn has to raise it's money somehow...).

Mark my words in two years we will see a 'Disneyfication' of the franchise a la story wars, Tauriel/Legolas and Aragorn spin offs.

Extremely Crabbit Extremely Crabbit Extremely Crabbit Banghead 

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:48 pm

I certainly hope we don't see a lotr cartoon show on kids WB.

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:52 pm

If the last two movies has told us anything Peter is probably having everyone back for some last minute alterations they've decided on while cutting the movie.  Rolling Eyes 

How badly concieved and thrown together both Bolg and Azog looked should tell you something about the quality of their last minute changes.  Mad

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next