Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'...

+19
Johnnyd
chris63
Sinister71
Ringdrotten
Orwell
Norc
Forest Shepherd
Bluebottle
RA
malickfan
David H
azriel
Mrs Figg
Pettytyrant101
Tinuviel
Radaghast
bungobaggins
halfwise
Eldorion
23 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 20 Empty Re: Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'...

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:35 pm

At least in some of those he is actually GOLDEN!!!!!

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 20 Empty Re: Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'...

Post by Norc Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:40 pm

Laughing true..
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:01 pm

Couple of promo shots of Bilbo- I spy a mithril shirt.

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 20 50_zps24d173c3

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 20 90_zpsbbbce899

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:41 pm

likar!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:28 pm

So I'm guessing he's going to be leaving the dwarves then. At least he looks like he's setting off again, which can only mean he's going to make his deal with Bard and Thranduil. Good sign!(?)

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 20 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:33 am

According to Pj's facebook page the trailer will not be till October due to the effects work needed on the battle scenes.

But he has approved a teaser trailer which he says will be 'making it’s way into the world sometime soon…'

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:34 am

Well, yeah a teaser trailer is typically expected before the full trailer. Another non-news story. Thanks Peej. Rolling Eyes

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:38 am

Hmm looks like the fans were being childish about the whole thing, asking PJ about the trailer when it wasn't appropriate.

http://newboards.theonering.net/forum/gforum/perl/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_threaded;post=755173;sb=post_time;so=DESC;guest=112813747

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:48 am

Absolute facebook gold.

link

We need a Silmarillion movie, Peter! Please...
437 up-thumbs.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:49 am

Yeah, I read PJ's Facebook post and I was like "so ... exactly the same as in previous years?" Teaser trailer in summer, full trailer in autumn. The only exception was the original trailer from December 2011, but that wasn't even for a specific film, but rather the entire project. Does seem like he's getting harassed a fair bit since the teaser trailer is running a little later than expected, though.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:51 am

bungobaggins wrote:Absolute facebook gold.

Fortunately, the responses to that comment lean slightly towards the negative. On the other hand, it's over 500 thumbs up now. Rolling Eyes
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:03 am

So a sort of trailer soon then....
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:26 pm

Eldorion wrote: Does seem like he's getting harassed a fair bit since the teaser trailer is running a little later than expected, though.

I actually feel bad for him. His fan-base is rabid and foaming at the mouth. They want blood. He just wanted to post about the people in that West of Memphis documentary that he produced, and he gets pounced.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:45 pm

Well on this occasion I am willing to be nice to PJ- take your time PJ, dont rush a trailer, or the film for that matter. In fact delay it, for a bit, say about ten to twenty years at least to see if I die first so I dont have to endure watching it.  Mad 

(and yes, thats as nice as I get!)

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:51 pm

I'm willing to cut him some slack when the fans he's been trying to please start acting like petulant children.

Well, maybe most of them are already petulant children.

Last edited by bungobaggins on Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:51 pm

what a dreary uptight place TORn is these days. Theres a couple of pompous idjits who badly need a slap
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:56 pm

I took the barrel there for my summer hols this year. I like to go somewhere I can get properly crabbit at PJ liberals.
But they were very disappointing, I'll not go back there for a holiday again.  Mad 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:57 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:what a dreary uptight place TORn is these days. Theres a couple of pompous idjits who badly need a slap

come on who doesn't love dealing with a bunch of Peter Jackson worshiping post nazi's who run the place. I actually went back and posted a few posts a couple months ago because it actually let me in. Nothing rude to others just opinion and nothing overly negative. As soon as someone seen I posted again my acct was banned again. I love it

Suspect  NEVERMIND I'LL BE OVER HERE KEEPING MY MOUTH SHUT Suspect
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:59 pm

Eldorion wrote:

Fortunately, the responses to that comment lean slightly towards the negative.  On the other hand, it's over 500 thumbs up now. Rolling Eyes

This had me wondering for a while. Do the people who post things like "We need a Silmarillion movie/miniseries/etc." actually believe or want what they are saying? Or are they posting it because they know it will get a lot of "likes"? It's like posting: "One day we will get the trailer, but it is not this day!" Easy thumbs up that give the poster an inflated sense of purpose and accomplishment (similar to "karma whores" on reddit). They know how to play the crowd and what will be popular, and it's always the same type of comments. Go back and look at what was the top comments in earlier posts by PJ and see if "Silmarillion movie" or some stupid LOTR reference isn't somewhere near the top.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:01 pm

Sinister71 wrote: As soon as someone seen I posted again my acct was banned again.

Seriously? Those people really need to grow the fuck up.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:09 pm

bungobaggins wrote:
Sinister71 wrote: As soon as someone seen I posted again my acct was banned again.

Yep no rude comments, just a flip side to Dormouse's (talk about someone with a stick up their ass)post which really said nothing negative just a difference of opinion, voiced pretty politely and BOOM... banned again!  slap laugh  Whatever. People over their have no free will or thought. if they continuously put down Jackson or praise Tolkien's version of the story they either get ran out of town on a rail or get banned. I've been saying for years they need to change their slogan from Forged by and for fans of Tolkien, to forged to kiss Peter Jackson's ass because he leaches off the legacy of Tolkien...  pub 
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:18 pm

link

We need a Silmarillion movie, Peter! Please...
437 up-thumbs.

Shame Christopher Tolkien dosen't have a facebook page, then they could get the answer they are looking for. Cool 

But in all seriousness I hope the Tolkien Estate/Trust/Zanetz company or whoever actually clarify this situation soon with a formal statement, although it's kinda funny watching the PJ fanboys get enthusiastic about seeing the Silmarillion bastardized, I can't help but feel a little sick when it's mentioned, maybe they are waiting until C.Tolkien passes on to make their intentions clear, just as it's going to take a new director to continue the Middle Earth film series, it's going to be interesting to see how C.Tolkien's successors deal with the impact of the films.

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:18 pm

{{{Jesus, dormouse. Allow me this once to be a petulant child: I can't stand that person.}}}

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:26 pm

Sinister71 wrote:
bungobaggins wrote:

People over their have no free will or thought. if they continuously put down Jackson or praise Tolkien's version of the story they either get ran out of town on a rail or get banned. I've been saying for years they need to change their slogan from Forged by and for fans of Tolkien, to forged to kiss Peter Jackson's ass because he leaches off the legacy of Tolkien...  pub 

The thing is I don't continuously put down Jackson, or praise Tolkien, I'm neither enthusiastic enough about the films, or knowledagble about the books to swing either side of the fence, I sit in the middle watching everyone bite each other's heads off, and I still don't feel that comfortable there. It's kinda boring!,

In fairness I think as the largest Tolkien community on the web they kinda have to kiss Jackson's arse to maintain such high visibilty and funding. It will be interesting to see if they rebrand themselves a little come 2015

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:43 pm

One thing I have noticed is that if I am debating with some folk over there, and I start to bring evidence an stuff into it, they all suddenly back out the debate and dont want to engage- now thats fine, I'm used to that, Figg does it all the time ( Mad  ) and Norc too, but with more bluntness! ( Mad  )
But what then suspiciously tends to happen is some of the regular PJ lickers turn up and make a series of posts, none of which will address the points under discussion but will just be general praise of all things PJ.

Its as if they fear to leave a thread on a negative PJ note. It has happened to many times now in discussions I have been involved in to just be coincidence.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next