Elthir
RA
Bluebottle
Forest Shepherd
Eldorion
25 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 40 Empty Re: Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2]

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:50 pm

Knobs were certainly involved, with PJ being the biggest one. Nod

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 40 Empty Re: Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2]

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:11 pm

cant argue with that. Talking of which I was watching one of those clip thingies and I noticed some cack handed use of LOTR score everywhere. The one where Bilbo says that he will go to find Thorin, immediately we have 'Hobbit' music flagged up. Is it me or is that a pretty blunt instrument to whack us over the head with? as if to say ''ooh look a Hobbit doing suitable noble and charmingly dangerous things'' Suspect Rolling Eyes
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:47 pm

Shore's use of leitmotif has gotten more and more stale. The LOTR trilogy was like a return to the classic big symphonic scores of cinema's golden age. Now he's just beating a dead horse. But this late in the game, what else can he do?

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:33 pm

Well I'm glad you too scrappers finally got to some kind of stalemate or something over the Eowyn issue!

The action sequence involving Bard would contain more tension if the time spent scoring it was instead spent developing sound effects. As it is now, it's rather boring that every change of mood within the scene is coupled with a rising blast of drum and trumpet.
As the action we've seen throughout this trilogy has went, I expect a lack of involvement while watching the Lake-town destruction in the finished film.

On another note, it's not as if LotR, with it's wonderful score, was doing something original. There had been other similarly scored films throughout the 90s, LotR simply contained more work of that kind than any other, thanks to its length and variety of themes, right?

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:46 pm

No, it didn't do anything new, but it was a return to the large symphonic score tradition of classic Hollywood. Star Wars did the same thing. They share a return to use of leitmotif's and extended harmonies, Wagnerian influences, and late romantic tendencies in music.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:09 pm

bungobaggins wrote:Shore's use of leitmotif has gotten more and more stale. The LOTR trilogy was like a return to the classic big symphonic scores of cinema's golden age. Now he's just beating a dead horse. But this late in the game, what else can he do?

But did he have a choice? did an immensely talented guy who is probably paid a lot, just phone it in on purpose?. A couple of things could have happened, 1. most likely PJ said 'gimme more LOTR type stuff because I am trying to shoehorn in as many LOTR refernces as humanly possible', so disheartened Shore did just that. Or, Shore just phoned it in. Or, he wanted to give it some welly and create an entirely new leitmotifwatsit for THobbit, complete with new fresh score, but Peejers said, 'nah'. No
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:11 pm

Forest Shepherd wrote:Well I'm glad you too scrappers finally got to some kind of stalemate or something over the Eowyn issue!

its the calm before the storm. Twisted Evil
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:00 pm

its the calm before the storm. Twisted Evil

We know pale

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 40 Th_hidebrolly_zpsb986e5db

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 40 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 40 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:03 pm

The clip of Beorn firing at Smaug from the tower gave me a glimmer of hope.
With any luck I can make it look like he shoots down Smaug using his bow Nod

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:41 am

I've got Tuesday evening off (the 16th) so I might go to the late premiere of BOFA.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:58 pm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/filmreviews/11260252/The-Hobbit-The-Battle-of-the-Five-Armies-first-look-review-begs-not-to-exist.html

Look at the reader comments below. PJ fans are just as bad as the hard-core Nolan fans.

Just imagine getting so upset that some reviewer gave a movie 2/5 stars that you decided to write a long-winded, vitriolic, and childish rebuttal. I'm glad I have at least some semblance of sanity.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:50 pm

I'd agree and say thankya (aye, bungo? Very Happy) but then my own "review" of DoS springs to mind, which wasn't very objective either. It was more like a crabbit-explosion that I'm sure many would describe as childish too. Still, getting that worked up over some movie critic who doesn't agree with you is pretty silly.

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 40 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:00 pm

If you think that lot is bad, just wait until 17th Dec, and I get well and truly steamed up. Evil or Very Mad
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:42 pm

Ringdrotten wrote:I'd agree and say thankya (aye, bungo? Very Happy) but then my own "review" of DoS springs to mind, which wasn't very objective either. It was more like a crabbit-explosion that I'm sure many would describe as childish too. Still, getting that worked up over some movie critic who doesn't agree with you is pretty silly.

I think it's okay to have crabbit explosions in our own reviews, but to get so upset at someone else's review because they didn't like it when you haven't even seen the movie yourself is just stupid.

{{{I need to get back to book 5, it's been about a month or more since I've had time to sit down and read. Mad }}}

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:32 pm

75% here Very Happy

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 40 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by feanor 1999 Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:57 pm

bungobaggins wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/filmreviews/11260252/The-Hobbit-The-Battle-of-the-Five-Armies-first-look-review-begs-not-to-exist.html

Look at the reader comments below. PJ fans are just as bad as the hard-core Nolan fans.

Just imagine getting so upset that some reviewer gave a movie 2/5 stars that you decided to write a long-winded, vitriolic, and childish rebuttal. I'm glad I have at least some semblance of sanity.

Ayup...

BOOM ! Both Barrels ! hahahahaha !

-------

http://www.hobbitmovieforum.com/viewtopic.forum?t=1117

Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40