Biffo Banks
Norc
Mrs Figg
bungobaggins
gray gundulf
26 posters

Page 1 of 39 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next

Go down

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS] Empty The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS]

Post by gray gundulf Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:59 pm

Continued from: http://www.hobbitmovieforum.com/t743-the-desolation-of-smaug-pre-release-thread-2-spoilers

----------

fuk off

gray gundulf
BANNED

Back to top Go down

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS] Empty Re: The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS]

Post by bungobaggins Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:07 pm

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS] Neil-deGrasse-Tyson-gif

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS] Empty Re: The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS]

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:08 pm

Trollface  its a fucking troll
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:10 pm

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS] Tumblr_mc93faWNDt1r1ya3yo1_1280

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:59 pm

oi! be nice to him, he's my friend!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Biffo Banks Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:37 pm

Norc wrote:oi! be nice to him, he's my friend!
Wooden soupriz mee... Rolling Eyes 

Braneyobbit

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:53 pm

Norc's made a new friend how nice Smile 

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:55 pm

I think he might be a relation of Biffo.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:00 pm

I can't tell if he's trolling or not...

Someone call the Bounders!

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:18 pm

This guy again.

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:45 pm

bungobaggins wrote:http://www-images.theonering.org/torwp/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/HDOS_TAPESTRY_Intl.jpg

Oh, man. When you zoom in on the dwarves climbing the statue the photoshoping looks incredibly awful.
I'm glad to see the marketing team from AUJ is still finding work. Rolling Eyes
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:53 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Going on the weapon this would appear to be Bolg-

But the graphic on the monitor seems to show something a lot more Azog like than what we have seen touted as Bolg so far, another change to make Bolg look more like Azog?

https://s1011.photobucket.com/user/pettytyrant101/media/TH/vlcsnap-2013-11-06-23h30m24s9_zps6df74d40.png.html
I heard a rumor on the TORn forums that Bolg has been redesigned (maybe it's more than a rumor but I can't find substantiation with just a cursory search on Google).  I wouldn't be surprised; the supposed Bolg design was (1) not CGI, supposedly he was going to be the one orc with a real costume, and (2) looked like ass.

Orcs attacking Lake Town-

Thranduil cutting a dash even when fighting somewhere-

https://s1011.photobucket.com/user/pettytyrant101/media/TH/vlcsnap-2013-11-06-23h32m38s93_zps07efbd5e.png.html

Thranduil still killing stuff, but not sure where- somewhere with a lot of arches in its architecture-

https://s1011.photobucket.com/user/pettytyrant101/media/TH/vlcsnap-2013-11-06-23h32m48s167_zpsf08b3356.png.html
I could be wrong, but the Thranduil scenes look like the ruins of Dale to me, especially the first one with the snow.  My first thought was maybe this was a scene from the Battle of the Five Armies, but it doesn't make any sense for that to be in film two (nor does the soundtrack suggest this).  So between that and the pic of orcs in Lake-town picture I suspect there may be fighting with orcs prior to the BOFA beginning.  This would of course mean that the build-up to the battle is very different, but that's hardly surprising anymore.  I just hope that they don't make Sauron responsible for the battle and/or have the Nazgul show up (though I expect they will).
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:27 am

It's not a party without Nazgul. Cool 

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:59 am

Eldorion wrote:I heard a rumor on the TORn forums that Bolg has been redesigned (maybe it's more than a rumor but I can't find substantiation with just a cursory search on Google).  I wouldn't be surprised; the supposed Bolg design was (1) not CGI, supposedly he was going to be the one orc with a real costume, and (2) looked like ass.
Just a follow up to this: I have it on fairly reliable authority from someone who has watched the EE documentaries that the aforementioned image of the prosthetic costume of "Bolg" that was circulated on the Internet was actually the rejected original design of Azog. This is not to be confused with the costume they filmed Manu Bennet in before he was CGI'd over during post-production.

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS] BH6bKwN
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:13 am

mmm, not to doubt your source Eldo but that doesnt seem to quite fit.
Bolg, or someone who looks very like him appears in the Battle of Arse and Bull, and the design was also widely promoted as Bolg in spin off merchandise, such as the lego sets.
If it was meant to be Azog all along why would they give it to the merchandise makers as Bolg? scratch 

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:46 pm

at least that dude in the photos isnt cgi.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:33 pm

Well Bolg does have one thing going for him as he's actually present in the corresponding section of the book. That puts him one up on Azog.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:36 pm

That's true Very Happy 

Here's hoping then PJ doesnt edge him out to fringe character level in order to make Azog the main bad orc.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:36 pm

Too much changing of orc designs. I wonder how much time and money was wasted on all of this. And poor Conan Stevens. Sad 

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:38 pm

that weapon is silly
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:42 pm

I suspect that weapon Figg went through the same sort of conception as the Witch-Kings mace.

Someone made a sensible version and every time they took it to PJ he said, "NO make it much bigger and sillier looking" repeat half a dozen times until we end up with this Mad 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:43 pm

Well there seems to be a trend in modern fantasy movies to give baddies rather unpractical weapons.

Maybe that's why they always lose?

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:44 pm

When I first looked at that picture from the new production blog (the one that has the motion capture of what we are guessing is the new Bolg design), my first reaction was that it looks like a gorilla.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:46 pm

the Witch King's mace kinda worked. I never really cottoned on until later that it was too large.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:46 pm

It certainly doesnt cry out orc to me. And oddly even less so when put alongside examples of orcs from PJ's own LotR's films.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 39 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next