Biffo Banks
Norc
Mrs Figg
bungobaggins
gray gundulf
26 posters

Page 39 of 39 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 37, 38, 39

Go down

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS] - Page 39 Empty Re: The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS]

Post by wisdom4madness Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:07 pm

Eldorion wrote:
bungobaggins wrote:http://www-images.theonering.org/torwp/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/HDOS_TAPESTRY_Intl.jpg

Oh, man. When you zoom in on the dwarves climbing the statue the photoshoping looks incredibly awful.
I'm glad to see the marketing team from AUJ is still finding work. Rolling Eyes
Yeah thats pretty bad. But its not as bad as the look on Bilbos face floating in the river.

BTW. I swear they used a go pro camera to shoot that scene. HORRIBLE!!!

wisdom4madness

Back to top Go down

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS] - Page 39 Empty Re: The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS]

Post by Radaghast Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:10 pm

wisdom4madness wrote:
Eldorion wrote:
bungobaggins wrote:http://www-images.theonering.org/torwp/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/HDOS_TAPESTRY_Intl.jpg

Oh, man. When you zoom in on the dwarves climbing the statue the photoshoping looks incredibly awful.
I'm glad to see the marketing team from AUJ is still finding work. Rolling Eyes
Yeah thats pretty bad. But its not as bad as the look on Bilbos face floating in the river.

BTW. I swear they used a go pro camera to shoot that scene. HORRIBLE!!!
Wow, that does look bad Shocked

And Legolas is at his creepiest yet. Yuck.
Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:04 pm

Legolas's face looks how my grandad looked in the chapel of rest ! All waxy *shudder*.
At least grandad had a reason, he was dead.........oh hang on......Orlando's acting is a bit wooden & repetitive....

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS] - Page 39 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS] - Page 39 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:08 pm

This time around, however, it works. I think he's learned how to act a bit better over the past ten years. He also knows Legolas's character so I guess he had the luxury of adding to a past performance.

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS] - Page 39 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:55 pm

Found this to be pretty revealing.

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-news/the-promise--hobbit--filmmakers-broke-to-evangeline-lilly-211339686.html

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:09 pm

The "feet" game was fun

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS] - Page 39 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:11 pm

Oh & Id like to say..............

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS] - Page 39 Redfairy_zps416b0f94

to Peter Jackson...........

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:36 pm

bungobaggins wrote:Found this to be pretty revealing.

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-news/the-promise--hobbit--filmmakers-broke-to-evangeline-lilly-211339686.html

That article left out the best part, which was Boyens' response to Lilly's objections that the love triangle had nothing to do with the book.

Philippa Boyens wrote:And then also I said to her when you did come back and you went oh no God, and then I said hang on – Orlando bloom, Aidan Turner. You’re caught between the two of them. I’m sorry. What’s the problem?

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2013/12/06/84172-transcript-the-hobbit-the-desolation-of-smaug-world-premiere-press-conference/4/
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:36 pm

I wish she would keep her lascivious fantasies out of TH.
Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:14 pm

Phillipa Boyens getting to live out all her teenage girl fantasies at our expense in the Hobbit, What a fucking Joke!

personally I find Boyens to be a fly in the ointment all the bad crap in these films seems to be linked to her writing or brainstorming. Which says alot to me about her.

Suspect  NEVERMIND I'LL BE OVER HERE KEEPING MY MOUTH SHUT Suspect
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:21 pm

It says to me she was a "saturday girl" in an Anne Summers shop.

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:24 pm

It says to me she really likes the Twilight books and movies Razz

http://helob.deviantart.com/gallery/
https://stopthesecrecy.net/

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS] - Page 39 WiuVcmi
Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:29 pm

Radaghast wrote:It says to me she really likes the Twilight books and movies Razz

:facepalm:  THAT ALONE should get her tarred and feathered  slap laugh 
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:31 pm

I don't know if it's actually true, but it stands to reason Very Happy

http://helob.deviantart.com/gallery/
https://stopthesecrecy.net/

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS] - Page 39 WiuVcmi
Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:37 pm

well with what has happened to the Hobbit i wouldn't doubt it  Wink 

Suspect  NEVERMIND I'LL BE OVER HERE KEEPING MY MOUTH SHUT Suspect
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:00 pm

PJ reveals that the original first film (of the two film project) would have ended with Mirkwood and the barrel sequence, with Bard showing up with his bow in the last scene.

http://news.moviefone.com/2013/12/14/peter-jackson-ending-thobbit-movie

Kinda makes sense since the film continues to rush forward at a headlong pace through Mirkwood and only calms down once they reach Lake-town. Shrugging
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:02 pm

"Jackson went on to explain that that ending didn't sit right with him, especially when there was so much of the book yet to be depicted."

F*** you  Banghead 

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS] - Page 39 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:19 pm

Well, that's always been the largest problem with Jackson making these movies. He has no great fondness for Tolkien and as that quote shows he holds his own taste as superior to his.

As for that, the truth is in their respective work. Jackson doesn't hold a candle to Tolkien when it comes to writing or constructing a story.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:18 pm

Ringdrotten wrote:"Jackson went on to explain that that ending didn't sit right with him, especially when there was so much of the book yet to be depicted."

F*** you  Banghead 

I want to know WHAT BOOK?  because ending it at Bard right after the barrels would have been almost exactly half the book. Half the book, 1 out of 2 films....  hmmmm that might make sense.. Not the stuff Jackson gave us, it didn't come from the book the Hobbit, nor did it come from the appendices. So I wanna know, what fucking book he is talking about?  Shocked  confused   Suspect
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:10 am

The Book of Mormon

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 39 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 37, 38, 39