Ringdrotten
Norc
halfwise
Pettytyrant101
Eldorion
14 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Star Wars Episode VII will be made now that Disney bought Lucasfilm - Page 7 Empty Re: Star Wars Episode VII will be made now that Disney bought Lucasfilm

Post by halfwise Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:29 am

To get the full experience there has to be a line curling around the block.

(got some taste of that when the special edition of the original Star Wars was re-released in select theaters. The fans so much wanted to wait in line again, and weren't disappointed.)

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Episode VII will be made now that Disney bought Lucasfilm - Page 7 Empty Re: Star Wars Episode VII will be made now that Disney bought Lucasfilm

Post by Lorient Avandi Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:09 am

Eldorion wrote:Yeah, that's the main reason why I went to see TPM in theatres. By the time I was aware of enough of movies to know that a Star Wars film was in theatres it was Revenge of the Sith, and because that was rated PG-13 I wasn't allowed to see it. :/ So the first time I saw a Star Wars movie on the big screen was just last year. I was pretty excited despite not being a big prequel fan.

I'm looking forward to seeing the original trilogy on the big screen, even if it is the Special Editions and they are in 3D.

I did see attack of the clones, but I can't remember much of the experience. I'm very dissapointed I missed out on TPM, but hopefully I can make all the others. I was, sadly, in the exact same boat as you with ROTS.

Wizard of Magicland

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:35 pm

So we know that Star Wars Episodes VII-IX are coming, but there have been reports of other SW films in development as well. The CEO of Disney, Bob Iger, recently mentioned that:

I can confirm to you today that in fact we are working on a few standalone films, Larry Kasdan and Simon Kinberg are both working on films derived from great Star Wars characters that are not part of the overall saga. We still plan to make Star Wars 7, 8, and 9 roughly over a six-year period of time, starting in 2015. But there are going to be a few other films released in that period, too.

http://www.slashfilm.com/disney-confirms-standalone-star-wars-films-may-be-released-between-new-core-episodes/

So we're going to see extra Star Wars films released in between the new "Episodes". Ideas floated so far include spin-off stories about Boba Fett, young Han Solo, and Yoda. I can see why this might be exciting for some people, but given that the previous Star Wars spin-off films are The Clone Wars and Caravan of Courage: An Ewok Adventure ... I'm not too optimistic. Neutral
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:46 pm

Mmmm, some good might come of this, but Im severly doubting it- everyone involved seems to be dreaming in $ signs.
Still if they can keep Abrams busy and away from ST forever Ill be happy about that at leat- SW has already been completely ruined for me by the last three films so not to bothered any more- ST is still salvagable.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:49 pm

I don't think Abrams will be working on the spin-off films. That'd be a lot of work to try to balance the production of the new flag-ship film (maybe even the entire trilogy) while also working on a separate film at the same time.

ST is still salvagable.

O RLY?

Star Wars Episode VII will be made now that Disney bought Lucasfilm - Page 7 Qzk9ika
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:12 pm

Yup still salvagable- they just need to stop trying to make films- was always a bad idea- ST by its format and the sort of stories it tells needs a tv series format to suceeed.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:15 pm

Fair point. Given the financial success of ST '09 I'm not sure they'll want to go back to TV though. On the other hand, the Avengers spin-off TV series is successful then other companies might be more inclined to try TV again.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:18 pm

Im not sure how the rights to St got split up- but I think Paramount stil own the rights to St on tv, it was just the film rights which were sold off.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:25 pm

It'd probably at this point just become a Tv version of the 09' movie though.

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:59 pm

I dont know- there is so much potential within the ST universe that has never been exploited outside the books- it would be nice to see them take a risk for once- set it at the Federation HQ and do a ST version of a political drama (think West Wing in space at the galatic UN!), or set the entire thnig aboard a Romulan Secret service vessel, or follow the rise and fall of a Klingon House- so many posibilities if they are brave and dont just go for a human ship exploring again- theyve done that enough.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorient Avandi Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:13 pm

I really would like to see a Boba Fett film, as long as they don't completely screw his or othe Mando'a stories up.

Wizard of Magicland

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:33 pm

I'd go see a new star wars film just to Tinkerbell come flying out before the star destroyers. Preferably being shot at.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:33 pm

Laughing

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorient Avandi Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:09 pm

Rolling Eyes

Wizard of Magicland

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:10 pm

liking ur avatar eldo Very Happy
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:18 am

Thanks Norc. Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:04 pm

I thought this was an interesting article from Wired about the legacy of Star Wars on special effects and whether the sequel trilogy can live up to its heritage.

http://www.wired.com/underwire/2013/02/star-wars-fx/
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:19 pm

Interesting article.
I can remember very clearly just how uterly gobsmacked I was in the cinema watching Star Wars, from the opening sequence in I was sold.
There simply had never been anything like it.

I have been saying for a very long time that cgi on its own does not cut it- there is something about that doesnt fool the eye.
However minatures, or real footage + cgi does much more effetively.

I think dropping the use of minatures in everything from Star Trek to TH is a mistake.

Now take model work like this- and then combine it with details using cgi and you would have something amazing again.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:35 pm

Agreed. I have nothing against CGI but it always ages, and on its own it becomes very strange, especially with greenscreen acting. Model work is timeless in a way, and even looking back from decades later I can see the revolutionary effect that Star Wars had on that. I think that LOTR took up the torch when the Star Wars prequels (at least after The Phantom Menace) made the jump to nearly all-CGI, so I was disappointed not to see any models in The Hobbit.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorient Avandi Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:12 am

I think that LOTR took up the torch when the Star Wars prequels (at least after The Phantom Menace) made the jump to nearly all-CGI-Eldo

hat is not totally true, I made a post earlier in the Star Wars thread with a video on this. While most things (battles, characters that cannot have a human inside them, the podrace, etc), there are plenty of things done with models. And frankly, the CGI in Star Wars looks much better and more realistic than most other films, even today.

Wizard of Magicland

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:12 am

I'm not sure if I saw that video when you posted it, Lorient. Was it about The Phantom Menace in particular? I know that film had a fair number of models, but I was under the impression that they used less and less for AOTC and ROTS. In any event, I agree that the CGI in the Star Wars prequels is very good. Hell, even Jar Jar is an impressive technical achievement, especially since he appeared more than three years before Gollum did in The Two Towers.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorient Avandi Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:15 am

Lorient Avandi wrote:It amazes me just how advanced the film industry is. I have always thought most if the alien characters throughout the prequel trilogy were CGI, this is truly amazing how good this looks with costumes. Same with the LOTR trilogy, though I always knew a lot of that was costumes. Too bad PJ couldn't remember things like this the second time around.

The video is geared specifically towards ROTS.

Wizard of Magicland

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:09 pm

There have been rumors about the cast of the original trilogy returning, and now the first (sort of) confirmation is out: Harrison Ford is apparently on board to come back.

http://latino-review.com/2013/02/15/exclusive-harrison-ford-return-han-solo-star-wars-episode-vii/

No word on Indy V yet. Laughing
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:16 pm

Eldorion wrote:Thanks Norc. Very Happy

? what r u thanking me 4?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:17 pm

oh. i figured it out.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next