Ringdrotten
Norc
halfwise
Pettytyrant101
Eldorion
14 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Star Wars Episode VII will be made now that Disney bought Lucasfilm - Page 5 Empty Re: Star Wars Episode VII will be made now that Disney bought Lucasfilm

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:17 pm

Insurrection and Nemeisis were bad films and bad ST- but they didnt ruin the whole concept in the way say, the Force being in your blood and something you can count did.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Episode VII will be made now that Disney bought Lucasfilm - Page 5 Empty Re: Star Wars Episode VII will be made now that Disney bought Lucasfilm

Post by Eldorion Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:19 pm

I will never get tired of people pretending that Midi-Chlorians are the Force, rather than an indicator of Force potential.

Never.

{{{Mad}}}
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:20 pm

Still a shit idea that ruins a beautiful simple concept. And for me at least makes the whole ST universe pointless and broken.
Really, it was that bad for me I walked out.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:21 pm

NB They're still dumb but they don't "ruin" Star Wars in anyway. If you want to bash on the prequels (and I can't really blame anyone who does) there are plenty of more serious flaws.

For example, why does no ever complain about the Clone Wars being only 20 years before "A New Hope"? That's less time than it has been since the Gulf War in real life, and it's totally at odds with the tone and implications of the original Star Wars movie. Stuff like that is a good example of how the prequels and originals don't really fit together.

To be honest though, the Midi-Chlorian thing is just a pet peeve because I've spent too much time on Star Wars forums. Laughing

EDIT: Simulpost with Petty but it works.

Last edited by Eldorion on Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by CC12 35 Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:22 pm

yeah but jar jar binks

Gypsy gal, the hands of Harlem

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:27 pm

You'll never hear me defend Jar Jar Binks. Wink
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by CC12 35 Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:28 pm

oh but so adorable

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:28 pm

Ir ruined the whole, mysticism side to the originals for me by turning the Force into something you could measure with science, even just your potential for it.
In that one scene he takes the measurement the entire SW universe shrunk fro me by about a billion times.
A more misjudged idea and bit of scripting I cannot think of.

And nothing in the first three fits properly with the prequals without a bit of mental gymnastics and tweaking on the viewers part, but for me only the midishitorian thing was actually game breaking and not only contradicted but completely ruined the original concept.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:30 pm

I can understand where you're coming from, even though I don't agree that it was that bad. I would hope that it hasn't impeded your ability to watch the original trilogy, even if you have to actively ignore the prequels while doing so.

NB What do you think of Greedo shooting first? Laughing
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:38 pm

There are only three Star Wars movies.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:39 pm

I love you Amarie
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by CC12 35 Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:41 pm

theres been a lot of amarie love on the forum 2day

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:42 pm

Most have come from you, CC. Kissing

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:59 pm

Eldo, Greedo doesnt shoot first in the version I watch! Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:28 pm

That's the spirit Nod

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:34 pm

I consider myself fortunate to have the DVD copy of the unaltered movies that was released a few years back. Smile Unfortunately it's pretty poor video quality, because Lucas insists that the original tapes were all destroyed.

I also have a "Han Shot First" t-shirt. Nod
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:39 pm

When it comes to the first Star Wars film my viewing of choice is Star Wars- A New Hope Revisted- by Adywan.
I couldn't recommend it highly enough.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:40 pm

Eldorion wrote:I consider myself fortunate to have the DVD copy of the unaltered movies that was released a few years back. Smile Unfortunately it's pretty poor video quality, because Lucas insists that the original tapes were all destroyed.

I also have a "Han Shot First" t-shirt. Nod

I have them on VHS. Somewhere. Laughing

Star Wars Episode VII will be made now that Disney bought Lucasfilm - Page 5 Nerdefest_zps9148bfa5

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:42 pm

All I have are the special editions...

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:43 pm

Amarië wrote:I have them on VHS. Somewhere. Laughing

Star Wars Episode VII will be made now that Disney bought Lucasfilm - Page 5 Nerdefest_zps9148bfa5

I still remembering renting the VHS copies from Hollywood Video. They were the last (more or less) unaltered release before the Special Edition (meaning they were from the mid-'90s) and they started with:

"THE ORIGINAL STAR WARS TRILOGY, ON VIDEOCASSETTE ... ONE LAST TIME!"

I never knew what that meant until years later. Laughing

Last edited by Eldorion on Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:44 pm

Recoveryanonymous wrote:All I have are the special editions...

I have felt that pain before. Sad
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:46 pm

Get the fan made one Lance- by Adywan- you'll not regret it I am sure.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorient Avandi Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:07 am

You know, while I'm a huge Star Wars fan, I honestly don't think the movies (any of them) are all that amazing. While they are good (all of them) they are not the best part of SW for me. I like the books and games so much better. I also still like the prequels just as much or better than the originals. I agree that several things just don't sync up especially with how obi wan acts about training Luke. I don't understand what the problem is with the Clone Wars only taking place 20 years prior, I mean Obi Wan was obviously alive, it couldn't have been too much longer before. I also don't care about the midichlorian thing that much, I think that it make much more sense. I like how the Jedi Order is treated much less like a religion in the prequels than it was in the originals. In a universe like SW, major religions just should not be a thing, they don't make sense there. I'm not even a big Jedi fan though, I like other characters much better.

Wizard of Magicland

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorient Avandi Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:08 am

Also, I believe I might have the originals (in original VHS form) somewhere, I'll have to dig them up.

Wizard of Magicland

Back to top Go down

Post by CC12 35 Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:10 am

battlefront :HEART:

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next