Ringdrotten
Eldorion
halfwise
Pettytyrant101
Norc
14 posters

Page 30 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [3] - Page 30 Empty Re: Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [3]

Post by Ringdrotten Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:16 am

The drunkenness was indeed strong - very fun, though! I also had some reason to celebrate yesterday as I got the keys to the appartment I bought a little over a year ago, so cheers to Norc for celebrating that with me Very Happy We should really try to meet up in the UK somewhere, though, all we need is to set a date and a place. Anyway, thanks for a great time yesterday, Norc, it was long overdue!

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [3] - Page 30 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [3] - Page 30 Empty Re: Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [3]

Post by Bluebottle Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:11 pm

Ringdrotten wrote:A few beers later..

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [3] - Page 30 Img_0910

That is quite the camera effect. Or is that one of those new fancy filters? Razz

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:39 pm

I think it's the booze Laughing

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [3] - Page 30 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:46 pm

Thumbs Up pub more fun like that Nod

Congrats on the flat Smile

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:48 pm

Thanks! Smile

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:25 pm

I think it's the booze- Ringo

{{That's what the world looks like all the time for me! Very Happy drunken

Looks like you two had fun- a UK meetup would be great at some time. }}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:27 pm

it was definitely intens! but also really fun and yeah... i just regret those last beers today.... not in the best form Razz also.. my uni-teacher sendt me an emal asking if i had a good reason not to attend class today.. don't know if i should lie og be honest..
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:03 pm

I feel like such a lie might be seen through in this instance... Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:34 pm

What happy faces !!! Very Happy It must have been fun !!

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [3] - Page 30 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [3] - Page 30 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:42 pm

Norc wrote:it was definitely intens! but also really fun and yeah... i just regret those last beers today.... not in the best form Razz also.. my uni-teacher sendt me an emal asking if i had a good reason not to attend class today.. don't know if i should lie og be honest..

Sorry Embarassed

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:39 am

Those glasses of beer make Norc look like a hobbit: they're huge!

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:24 pm

Forest Shepherd wrote:Those glasses of beer make Norc look like a hobbit: they're huge!

haha, well i am tiny so any beer above 0,5L makes me look small..

edit: also i have a funny feeling Ringo purpously bought the biggest one..
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:50 pm

Well, I thought Norc and Ringo were just characters in old Forumshire Tales! My goodness, they’re real hobbits after all.... Shocked

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:00 pm

Norc wrote:
Forest Shepherd wrote:Those glasses of beer make Norc look like a hobbit: they're huge!

It's kinda what you get for calling my IPA girly

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:46 pm

Ringdrotten wrote:
Norc wrote:

yeah but it was
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:54 pm

Cheerleader

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:05 pm

Ringdrotten wrote:
Norc wrote:

Surprised

It is called being in touch with your emotions, and.. nice beer Nod

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri May 18, 2018 10:04 pm

Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sat May 19, 2018 8:52 pm

Must be part-troll I think!

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat May 19, 2018 9:25 pm

Norc wrote:

> They call it "a pint."
> It comes in pints?

One of the rare examples of good non-Tolkien writing in the movies.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:35 pm

I thought this would be a good place to introduce this topic. I remembered Blue starting drinks discussion, but can't find it.

Anyway, I went to the famous Murray's cheese store for a class on Belgian beer and cheese pairing. I'm big on Belgian beer, and it seems from what I've seen the ScandiFjordians are probably the ones most likely to field the question that follows.

One of the presenters had unquestionable beer credentials: turns out there's a program for beer tasting equivalent to the sommelier program, and she ranked in the top few score in the world. Her choices favored sour beers which she said were far more widely drunk than the abbey style ales favored in America. Then she said something that knocked me sideways. Over here the Belgian ales are often labelled "dubbel, trippel, Quadruppel". She said those were purely US designations not used in Europe at all. In fact they have very little meaning. WHAATT??!!

If true, these labels are produced purely for the American market. So I have to ask, are NO belgians in Europe labelled dubbel, trippel, etc? Have you even heard of these designations?

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:07 pm

Not a beer person myself, but that doesn't ring any bells. What is it?

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:39 pm

The alcohol content does tend to increase with the designation. I've read that it comes from the rinse of the wort, with successive rinses producing less malt so less alcohol; but that doesn't really hold up because the traditional style has a doppel with malty, chocolately taste and color, a trippel is usually light in color but more fruity and spicy. The trippel is a bit of a mix of the two; but since it would be the first rinse you'd think it would have the more chocolaty taste, etc.

But unless you're a beer person you probably wouldn't be paying attention to these rather localized styles. I think Ringo or Blue may be up on it. For me, anyone who claims to like beer but isn't fascinated by the Belgian styles is problematic. I can be friends with them but will skirt that topic like I would politics if I knew they were a Trump supporter. Some dark parts of the soul don't need to be explored.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:24 pm

Norc wrote:Hahaha i looo like  troll... but we agreed ti make a forummire next june/july

oooh why have I just found this 2 years later? Shocked  cheers  you guys!
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:24 pm

Oh, that little meetup was cuteness overload. Glad you discovered it! We do need to have a meeting of the stalwarts in Britain some time.

Once I get out of the halftime employment I've been in for the last year so money ceases to be such an issue, but it is for many of us. I'm still eying that glamping spot near oxford.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next