Ringdrotten
Eldorion
halfwise
Pettytyrant101
Norc
14 posters

Page 29 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [3] - Page 29 Empty Re: Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [3]

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:37 am

Mad

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [3] - Page 29 Empty Re: Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [3]

Post by Eldorion Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:39 am

Take him to the pillory! Mad
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:54 am

Pillory ?? Very Happy who's going to get pilloried ?? Awh, takes me back to the good old days,

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [3] - Page 29 Pill10

Dear daddy !!

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [3] - Page 29 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [3] - Page 29 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:38 pm

{{Bit of a mixed system in the UK- most stuff  these days is metric- litres of milk ect but a lot of folk still think in pints or ounces. But oddly the main place we cling to the old Imperial systems is in weighing things- where we use stones still- and heights- where we stick to feet and inches. I dont know anyone who gives their height in metres and centimetres.}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:02 pm

i think i've killed all my plants by overwatering them...
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:17 pm

I was really weirded out when I first heard about stone as a unit of measurement from forum friends. Razz I still can never remember how many pounds are in a stone without looking it up (which I just did now). Why fourteen? scratch At least twelve is divisible into halves, thirds, and quarters which can be convenient, even if base-10 makes more sense overall.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:30 am

Well, there's also a bakers dozen. Which is not 12 but 13 Smile In medieval times bakers didn't give the full amount of bread, short changing the peasants so badly that people moaned, Kings thought about it & A law was set up so, on pain of a dam good thrashing, bakers made sure 12 portions of bread/rolls were served even if it meant going over the weight & giving 13.

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [3] - Page 29 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [3] - Page 29 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:33 am

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [3] - Page 29 Stone10

Not quite weights & measures but, I like this one Very Happy

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:20 pm

speaking of weather prediction, we have been forecast to get snow from 6 inches to a foot today, but I was looking at the radar and thinking the storm was too disorganized for that.  It still looks disorganized today.  I'm gonna say 4-6 inches.  We'll see who's right.

Edit: Baltimore should have cleared out by now, with that same patch rotating up our way.  How much did you get, Eldo?  More may develop during the day of course.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:25 pm

Looks like two to three inches of accumulation, but it's still snowing at the moment. Northeast of Baltimore here.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:31 pm

We'll likely see some more stuff develop with the sun, but I think this storm was over-predicted.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:34 pm

Halving estimate down to 2-3 inches. This storm is just a lot of hoopla and blow.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:10 pm

azriel wrote:Well, there's also a bakers dozen. Which is not 12 but 13 Smile  In medieval times bakers didn't give the full amount of bread, short changing the peasants so badly that people moaned, Kings thought about it & A law was set up so, on pain of a dam good thrashing, bakers made sure 12 portions of bread/rolls were served even if it meant going over the weight & giving 13.

i don't understand.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:11 pm

halfwise wrote:speaking of weather prediction, we have been forecast to get snow from 6 inches to a foot today, but I was looking at the radar and thinking the storm was too disorganized for that.  It still looks disorganized today.  I'm gonna say 4-6 inches.  We'll see who's right.

Edit: Baltimore should have cleared out by now, with that same patch rotating up our way.  How much did you get, Eldo?  More may develop during the day of course.

since you guys finally are talking about snow in the fjordian thread. HAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OMG POOOOR BABIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:32 pm

It's an event.  Sort of like pop-tarts in Fjordlandia.

Last edited by halfwise on Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:51 am; edited 1 time in total

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:03 pm

It means, you will get more than you asked for or at least offered more. Very Happy

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:48 am

Norc wrote:i think i've killed all my plants by overwatering them...

Are they cacti? Razz

I like the idea of Stone just fine, but it's a bother unless you've memorized the multiples of 14! As it is, I have to sit down and do a bit of long-division before I can say that I weigh... 12 stone 7 pound.

By the by, does this mean that construction/carpentry is done with inches and feet in England? I mean, what does a tape measure look like? Do you have 2x4s?

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:37 pm

Forest Shepherd wrote:
Norc wrote:i think i've killed all my plants by overwatering them...

Are they cacti? Razz

killed the cactus a looooong time ago
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:30 pm

Dream come through, drunk with Ringo!
Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [3] - Page 29 Img_5510
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:31 pm

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [3] - Page 29 Img_0814

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [3] - Page 29 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:33 pm

Shocked

Huzzah! cheers

Glad to see a Forumshire meetup in Europe happened! Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:01 pm

Hahaha i looo like troll... but we agreed ti make a forummire next june/july
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:57 pm

Ya-Hoy!

You two are damnably adorable. Good to see it happen!

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:50 pm

A few beers later..

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [3] - Page 29 Img_0910

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [3] - Page 29 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:43 am

That looks rather more intense than the NYC Forumshire Moot was. Pokey Tongue
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next