Game of Thrones -- TV ONLY - Page 19 Empty Re: Game of Thrones -- TV ONLY

Post by halfwise Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:50 pm

I want to go to Eastern Europe!

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:59 pm

Yeah, they did a great job with the locations. Nod The only one I'm not completely sold on is Iceland. The treelessness feels a little too jarring compared to the rest of the supposed continent of Westeros to me. The rest are great. It's amazing to think how many differrent locations you can get out of a small country like Northern Ireland. And really looking forward to seeing more of Spain too. Nod

Game of Thrones -- TV ONLY - Page 19 Season-5-Trailer-Sunspear

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:32 pm

Found this quote about the upcoming series interesting.

“It’s lavish this year,” Harington said. “We hear on set in previous years, ‘Can we afford that?’ and they say, ‘No, no you can’t afford that.’ And this year there was, ‘Can we afford that?’ and they were like, ‘Yeah, you can.’ They’re throwing money at it, and they have to because we’re on Season 5 and coming towards the real peak of the story.
http://www.ibtimes.com/game-thrones-season-5-spoilers-kit-harington-teases-new-battle-scenes-2015-sag-awards-1794224

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:44 am

Bluebottle wrote:Even with two books the size and scope of aDwDs and aSoSs, finishing in two books seems a bit unlikely, if in no way impossible. I think a book 9 seems a bit far fetched though. He must be in better control than that, surely? I read the Wheel of Time series, and how Jordan managed to pushed that to 15 books is actually quite astounding. There are two three books in the middle there that's basically people travelling from one place to another and not getting there. Rolling Eyes  

You mean like AFFC? Moon (I kid, but only somewhat.)

Yeah, I think he likes to talk of dividing the story thematically in two. So, we had the War of the Five Kings in the first triology. And the final books will handle the showdown with the Others. So, so far we've got.

The War of the Five Kings: Book 1-3
5 year gap: Anbandoned and covered in book 4-5
Showdown with the Others: Book 6 and 7. Perhaps the end of aDwDs fall under this part? Shrugging

Dividing the story in two like that ignores the whole Targaryen invasion of Westeros angle.  In 1993 Martin identified that as the core of the second "act" of the then-trilogy, and as of the end of ADWD it appears to be on the cusp of finally actually happening.  But it's going to take at least another book to resolve everything from that.  It will probably blend together with that, since they're on the move and Winter Has Come (for the North anyway).
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:16 pm

Yeah, I'd think it will blend together somewhat. Things will be working themselves out in the south while things escalate in the north. It's good to remember that stuff like Ned and Roberts story in Game of Thrones wasn't part of the War of the Five kings, but was still instrumental in setting it up. The focus will shift with time, I would think from Westeros infighting to the external threatin the north. But the infighting will continue, although probably winding down towards a conclusion. George has certainly built up enough storylines that need some kind of conclusion. And those who have read his original outline, which does not include me, will know how many have been added to the story in the process. So, he's definitely left himself with a lot to sort out. I'd certainly agree with that.

Actually, I've come to think they made rather a big mistake leaving the final chapters from Dance to Winds. As one, it'll decrease the amount of new material they can fit in. And two, it leaves a significant danger of leaving the book disjointed with that amount of major events concluded in the first couple of chapters.

Eldorion wrote:You mean like AFFC? Moon (I kid, but only somewhat.)

Laughing No, I'd agree with that. Though it is good to remember that aDwDs goes on concurrently. Though if I never have to read "Have you seen a highborn maid of three-and-ten, with a fair face and auburn hair?" again.. I wouldn't exactly mind. Razz

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:12 pm

Bluebottle wrote:Well, here it is. Smile

Such amazing sets and locations for this show. It feels real.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:00 am

Spoilers: Promo Photos Revealed

http://www.wetpaint.com/game-of-thrones/gallery/2015-02-02-season-5-spoilers-promo-revealed?postId=618672&socialTitle=&utm_campaign=vrl&utm_medium=tw-gotw&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_term=1423560949342251

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:14 pm

Thumbs Up nice thanks
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:43 pm

Ah, some new ones there I think. Really looking forward to this.  bounce

Game of Thrones -- TV ONLY - Page 19 14381_10152715935032734_1818270197212945675_n

Spoiler:

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:34 am

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:43 pm

The memories. Sad

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:00 pm

No one watch that? It's a special from the new season 4 dvd release, looking back at all the charactes we lost in season 4. Quite enjoyable Smile If sad. Sad

Anyway..

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:34 pm

Bluebottle wrote:The memories. Sad

theres one good thing, No Hound. which means maybe just maybe he ain't dead. Cheerleader :carrot: Metal
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:11 am

Hah, I missed that. Very Happy Well spotted. Nod

#cleganebowl here we go.  Sofa  Razz

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:09 pm

yeah I reckon that if his character had been killed they would have had him on the round table because he is way more popular than a couple of the others on the show.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:57 pm

Bluebottle wrote:The memories. Sad

I was blown away to discover that Pedro Pascal, who plays Oberyn, is in reality an affable American type. I would have sworn he would match the gravitas of the Spanish swashbuckler he plays. The differences between actor and character are so extreme that even with the face in front of me I didn't recognize who he was. Amazing performance.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:25 pm

He also is/was dating Lena Headey (Cersei) and they did this photoshoot in the middle of S4. Razz

Game of Thrones -- TV ONLY - Page 19 OZBdZRF

Last edited by Eldorion on Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : derp)
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:32 pm

You got to love him. Very Happy

Folks don't last long in the GoT world. If you had to write an obituary for Oberyn what would it say?
Lived it. Loved it. Bye.

Oh, and this in re: of above.

Fuck, marry, kill: Cersei, Ramsey, or the Red Priestess? Be specific with your reasoning.
My God. That's hard. To be obvious, I'd have to kill Ramsey because that guy's just wrong. I would never want to cross paths with somebody like that. Fuck the Red Priestess. And then I would marry Cersei because that's Lena Headey, and I love Lena Headey. I'm going to try and marry her, anyway.
http://www.gq.com/blogs/the-feed/2014/05/game-of-thrones-prince-oberyn-interview.html

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:35 pm

That whole interview is pretty good, actually. Nod

GQ: No one can ever just go to a wedding in Game of Thrones.
Or in life! No one can just go to a wedding, in life. So I guess the show is a reflection of reality: You get totally wasted. You get laid or you don't get laid. You have a good time or you have a bad one. Weddings are endless in their possibilities.

So what really brings Oberyn to King's Landing?

He has really bad blood with the Lannisters. His sister was raped and murdered in a typically brutal Game of Thrones fashion. Oberyn Martell blames the Lannisters, particularly Tywin and his dog Gregor Clegane, The Mountain. It's a fortuitous opportunity for Oberyn to attend Joffrey and Margaery's wedding, representing House Martell. Of course his true agenda is revenge.

Tell us more about the kingdom of Dorne.

It's very "Other." I think [show creators] David Benioff and Daniel Weiss see the opportunity to usher something new into the series now that everyone has become familiar with so many different regions and styles. The characters of Oberyn and Ellaria Sand, his paramour, definitely bring in a different flavor. As a fan before the audition even came around, I was struck by how different he was from everyone else and the way he shoves himself into the center of it all.

He's ballsy!

He doesn't give a shit! He doesn't consider the consequences of his actions, or, if he is considering the consequences, he looks forward to the confrontation.

Game of Thrones isn't exactly sex-shy, but Prince Oberyn may be the first pansexual character we meet living in this quasi-medieval world.

He's this person who does not regard these medieval morals that control most of this world. He doesn't behave the way he does to prove a point—it's simply what makes sense to him. To live life to its fullest and to never deprivehimself of experience. I think that goes into every element of his life: loving, hating, eating… and drinking!

A total epicurean.

Of course people want to live. Some of us—most of us, generally—want to live long lives. Maybe that life won't be as long if you spend it doing what you want, whenever you want, how you want. But Oberyn refuses to limit himself, and I think that's kind of brilliant. His behavior is not deviant or shameful, as it has often been depicted—not on Game of Thrones, but generally. It's not alternative for him; it's just logic. He takes pride in it. It's simple and it makes sense.

Oberyn tells Cersei Lannister and her father Tywin, "bastards are born of passion. We don't despise them in Dorne." Are Prince Oberyn and Ellaria immune to the daddy-issues that plague other characters?

Yes. They're protected obviously because in the culture of King's Landing it is so stigmatized. But I also think they are uniquely pioneers of their own morals. They're just punk rock!

How do "bastards" factor into the Game of Thrones universe?

The bastards in this story really highlight societal hypocrisies and these regulations that shape the way people are supposed to be living their lives. It's all so corrupt and controlling—a reflection of the powers within our reality, I find. People, love, and life are messy. Oberyn says that "bastards are born of passion" because so often life comes from lovemaking. And lovemaking and love relentlessly exist outside of the rulebooks. That is why bastards are such a marginal element of society. They're reflections of passions that can't be controlled.

What are Tywin's motives behind his appointment of Oberyn to the small council?

At the end of the day being on top is what's important at any cost. The Lannister name is what's important to Tywin—the power of sitting on the throne. Oberyn definitely has some bad blood with them, so to bring him into his inner circle—in order to continue moving his own agenda forward—is so typically Tywin. Oberyn participates because for him it's a game. He's enticed not so much by being in a position of power, but by getting closer to his enemy. The nugget that Tywin presents to him is the opportunity to face The Mountain.

Spoiler alert! We know—and got a peek in the trailer—that Oberyn will get his fight with The Mountain.
It was a lot of fight choreography that was stuff I'd never done before. I have mostly stage experience. So I've never done anything as challenging as this. We filmed in Croatia at the Hotel Dubrovnik, which is basically abandoned—it was destroyed during the war. There was this amphitheater right over the water that the crew set beautifully. It was the most insane production team I'll probably ever work with. It was thrilling and scary, grueling and beautiful, and delicious, and fun. David and Dan, in their adaptation, still refuse to completely betray the books, but they keep surprises hidden.

Folks don't last long in the GoT world. If you had to write an obituary for Oberyn what would it say?

Lived it. Loved it. Bye.

Fuck, marry, kill: Cersei, Ramsey, or the Red Priestess? Be specific with your reasoning.
My God. That's hard. To be obvious, I'd have to kill Ramsey because that guy's just wrong. I would never want to cross paths with somebody like that. Fuck the Red Priestess. And then I would marry Cersei because that's Lena Headey, and I love Lena Headey. I'm going to try and marry her, anyway.
http://www.gq.com/blogs/the-feed/2014/05/game-of-thrones-prince-oberyn-interview.html

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:42 pm

Martin revealed at the Writers Guild of America Awards on Saturday that all fans are in for big surprises in "GoT" Season 5. “People are going to die who don’t die in the books, so even the book readers will be unhappy," Martin told Showbiz411. "Everybody better be on their toes."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/15/game-of-thrones-season-5-deaths_n_6688782.html

Sofa

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:56 pm

Bronn. Sad
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:47 pm

what? where? Shocked
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:07 pm

It's just speculation at this point. As in who might George be talking about. Wink

I hope it's not Bronn. What about little Tyrion. Sad

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:08 pm

Another Blackfyre mention, for what it's worth. Shrugging

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next