Ringdrotten
halfwise
Mrs Figg
10 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Game of Thrones Appreciation Thread Empty Game of Thrones Appreciation Thread

Post by Mrs Figg Wed May 18, 2016 12:43 pm

This thread is for people who ENJOY watching the show, are WILLING to discuss the pros and cons without dripping bile and making patronising comments about not begrudging show lovers. So I would appreciate those who actually HATE the show and have nothing to add to the discussion but bitter and twisted whining about what are in effect second rate fantasy books (first rate being Tolkien) to kindly stop pissing on the parade. thanks.
If I am the only person posting here so be it. Very Happy

Last edited by Mrs Figg on Wed May 18, 2016 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Game of Thrones Appreciation Thread Empty Re: Game of Thrones Appreciation Thread

Post by Mrs Figg Wed May 18, 2016 12:45 pm

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Game of Thrones Appreciation Thread Empty Re: Game of Thrones Appreciation Thread

Post by Mrs Figg Wed May 18, 2016 12:46 pm

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed May 18, 2016 12:47 pm

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed May 18, 2016 12:47 pm

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed May 18, 2016 12:55 pm

just some thoughts on episode 4. I noticed a couple of things in this episode, firstly there seemed to be many sisters giving their little brothers a massive pep talk, Yara has a go at Theon, Sansa encourages Jon to take up arms, hello Dark Sansa its nice to meet you at last, and Margaery tries her best to buck Loris out of his fear. Even Cercei was the one with more energy and anger. I have also been thinking about the ending and who will actually win the Iron Throne. I have a feeling Tyrion will rule Meereen, Sansa rule the North, but perhaps the iron Throne itself will be destroyed. In the hallucination that danny has while trapped in the tower by the sorcerers, she sees the throne room in Kings Landing full of ice and destroyed, perhaps this is the final outcome, in which case Danny would be freed from desiring it and free to live her own life. She doesn't seem cut out to rule and makes a pigs ear out of it, unlike Tyrion who has great diplomatic skills.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed May 18, 2016 1:36 pm

Holy crap, two-hour reviews!

Daeny will never give up her hunger to rule Westeros. It's what she does.

Can't help you on new episodes as I don't get cable. I've seen some stupid parts so far on working my way through season 5, but nothing to justify the scorched earth vitriol some people take on. They mainly lost their way in Dorne, which is a crying shame but doesn't destroy everything else, which is a bit lower in the writing standards but still quite enjoyable.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed May 18, 2016 1:47 pm

well I am happy that you have a balanced view on things Halfy. Very Happy its a bit of a relief.

yes you are right, there are stupid bits, the Dornish sections are really bad, and I realise they could have been much more nuanced and interesting, I think that's why they seem to have quietly set them aside in season 6. The Sandsnakes are crap.

Don't you think it would be what everyone is expecting, that Dany becomes queen of Westeros? I reckon Martin has a few nasty surprises up his sleeve.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed May 18, 2016 1:55 pm

It would be too much sickenly heroic happiness if Dany and Jon make the lovebird couple ruling Westeros. But I don't think Dany can stand the cold, and winter is coming.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed May 18, 2016 3:15 pm

when will you be able to watch season 6 Halfy? I would be interested to know what you think. personally its been a joyous experience, apart from the killings and maimings of course. Laughing

should I put things in spoilers? if you haven't seen the episodes yet.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed May 18, 2016 3:16 pm

The season doesn't become available for distribution until the next one starts. Crying or Very sad

No need to put things in spoilers, the media isn't.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed May 18, 2016 6:35 pm

ok this is probably my favourite section in the whole 6 years run. Sad it got me right in the collywobblegoolies.

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed May 18, 2016 6:48 pm

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed May 18, 2016 10:49 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:ok this is probably my favourite section in the whole 6 years run. Sad  it got me right in the collywobblegoolies.

That IS a nice scene. Good to see Sansa being a tough egg.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Wed May 18, 2016 10:49 pm

Watched the first two episodes - the show is bordering on unrecognisable from the books now, but damn it is entertaining. Nice to see the Ironborn finally being brought back into the game. Going to lay the books aside in my head as I watch this, and enjoy it for all its flaws Very Happy

Game of Thrones Appreciation Thread Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed May 18, 2016 10:57 pm

good for you Ringo! the 3rd and 4th episodes just get better and better imo. I cant wait to see the Iron born moot next episode should see more of Euron Greyjoy.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by davidjoneshoward Thu May 19, 2016 2:03 am

halfwise wrote:Can't help you on new episodes as I don't get cable.

Want my HBO GO password? Shrugging
davidjoneshoward
davidjoneshoward
Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Thu May 19, 2016 9:56 am

7th episode is called the broken man. Do you think the Hound is going to reappear ?

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu May 19, 2016 11:32 am

davidjoneshoward wrote:
halfwise wrote:Can't help you on new episodes as I don't get cable.

Want my HBO GO password? Shrugging

Tempting: if I only use it for GoT not too underhanded, but I don't want to lead you into a life of soft crime. You've mentioned it in public and even now the men in dark glasses may be assembling around the corner from your home. pale

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu May 19, 2016 1:27 pm

chris63 wrote:7th episode is called the broken man. Do you think the Hound is going to reappear ?

oh I REALLY hope so. Razz cheers bounce  I just want a Hound/Arya roadtrip again. with chickens. pale failing that Cleganebowl. bounce
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu May 19, 2016 1:52 pm

Bro-fist I love you Sad

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu May 19, 2016 2:07 pm

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu May 19, 2016 2:21 pm

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu May 19, 2016 4:49 pm

is it me or is the High Sparrow really boring. Which is odd because Price is a good actor and the character is interesting in the books. Probably based on Savonarola. But if I hear one more droning monologue about sin I am going to fast forward. Suspect
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu May 19, 2016 4:59 pm

I think those two guys should compress their discussions to about half the length. The Azhor Ahai discussion was interesting until they went into popular culture. Boring.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next