Beleg
Tinuviel
Radaghast
Pettytyrant101
Eldorion
19 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

PJ admits he's not actually making The Hobbit - Page 4 Empty Re: PJ admits he's not actually making The Hobbit

Post by bungobaggins Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:22 pm

ELE!  Very Happy 

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

PJ admits he's not actually making The Hobbit - Page 4 Empty Re: PJ admits he's not actually making The Hobbit

Post by Eldorion Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:37 pm

Tinuviel wrote:Seeing as how LOTR is considered a "Nerd Bible" I find that a very accurate analogy, though I think millions of more people would throw the fit we're throwing if they screwed up The Bible...

At least The Hobbit hasn't been banned in Norway! Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:58 pm

Eldorion wrote:  ELE! Very Happy

I love you   Thumbs Up 

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:59 pm

bungobaggins wrote:ELE!  Very Happy 

Nod 

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by Elthir Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:47 pm

croak
Elthir
Elthir
Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:29 am

Ok, so the new Hobbit film is in town, Yay ! & my friends are pretty excited

PJ admits he's not actually making The Hobbit - Page 4 Seinfeld-dance-animated-gif_zps8296d854

And they want me to go with them, Im not so sure ?

PJ admits he's not actually making The Hobbit - Page 4 Whatgif_zps62925aba

But, go I did, & after 10mins I end up being 'encouraged' shall we say, to watch the rest !

PJ admits he's not actually making The Hobbit - Page 4 Keepmyeyesopen_zpseb8a07be

NO! I cant do it ! This is an abomination ! I wont watch this purile shit !

PJ admits he's not actually making The Hobbit - Page 4 Smashplate_zps829e0cbe

And with the rest of the audience already on its feet, I bravely led them out, "Fly you fools !"

PJ admits he's not actually making The Hobbit - Page 4 Scaramouche-revolutionary-lady-gif-movies-silently_zps321e7efe

That was last year, & Ive aged a bit since then, The adverse effect of seeing Peter Jacksons Hobbit has had a profound effect on me ! Had to believe Im only 25 in this picture !

PJ admits he's not actually making The Hobbit - Page 4 Oldbiddy_zpsa679a6a7

PJ admits he's not actually making The Hobbit - Page 4 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

PJ admits he's not actually making The Hobbit - Page 4 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by feanor 1999 Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:08 pm

Ayup Azriel...

You're scary, you are sometimes LOL.

Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:43 pm

Shocked 

You look like you could use some sleep, Az.
You should just go to bed now.
Trust me, you'll feel better in the morning.

Sleep 

{{{...I hope...pale }}}

David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:27 pm

azriel wrote:PJ admits he's not actually making The Hobbit - Page 4 Keepmyeyesopen_zpseb8a07be
I'd like to see Peejers get this treatment with his own movies  Twisted Evil

http://helob.deviantart.com/gallery/
https://stopthesecrecy.net/

PJ admits he's not actually making The Hobbit - Page 4 WiuVcmi
Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:36 pm

ELE is for french elephants. That is all.

Oh yeah except also that website I've mentioned before and that a few people checked out has been update to include the absolutely marvelous Desolation of Smaug. Enjoy!
http://gary.appenzeller.net/TheHobbitDiff.htm#Hobbit2

I have to mention that the simplicity of the site is actually quite nice.
Take this for example:
Film: In the movie: Goblins and wargs chase Gandalf, Bilbo, and the dwarves all the way to the Elfking's Fortress and Laketown.

Book: Added. Goblins and wargs give up the chase after the group is rescued by the Eagles. Beorn does find a goblin and wolf in the forest, but after the group enters Mirkwood Forest, goblins are not seen until the Battle of Five Armies.

It's a fresh reminder of just how pleasant the book is. The goblins and orcs have their chapters, and then they fade into the background of the story, as it should be. They do not need to remain an everpresent threat roaring around the bushes of every bloody scene.
"Expanded" Mr. Jackson says. More like condensed and stupefied and accio'd to the point of exhaustion.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:44 pm

Radaghast wrote:
azriel wrote:PJ admits he's not actually making The Hobbit - Page 4 Keepmyeyesopen_zpseb8a07be
I'd like to see Peejers get this treatment with his own movies  Twisted Evil

Honestly that's probably how he feels after some days of intensive editing.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:47 pm

Thanks for the link Forest- its interesting how many things he lists in the comments as important Bilbo actions which never make it to film.  Mad

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:50 pm

its good but I dont agree with his saying ''its a minor detail'' at every missed bit. It all adds up to a very big detail. ie none of its in the film.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:53 pm

Yes I agree thee Figgs, I dont see how he can highlight that an important Bilbo scene is missing then declare them all 'minor points'- the development of the title character through the film is not a minor point.  Mad 

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:07 pm

kudos to him for wading through all that crap though.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:25 pm

Indeed Mrs. Figg, the commentary on what is missing is not the highlight so much as the exhaustiveness of the critique.
I did notice he accidentally called the dwarves "elves" when talking about Beorn. Noone is perfect. Razz
Except Clara apparently, bleh.  Wink

Quick edit: apparently the trip from one edge of Mirkwood to the other took 11 weeks!
"They reached the edge of Mirkwood Forest on July 13, and they escape from the Elfking's fortress on September 20 -- about 77 days or 11 weeks."
Mein Gott!

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4