Beleg
Tinuviel
Radaghast
Pettytyrant101
Eldorion
19 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

PJ admits he's not actually making The Hobbit - Page 2 Empty Re: PJ admits he's not actually making The Hobbit

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:45 pm

I am not convinced GDT would have delivered the goods either. I like his enthusiasm and he seems like a nice guy, but I am not keen on his aesthetic vision. I found Hellboy a bit boring.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

PJ admits he's not actually making The Hobbit - Page 2 Empty Re: PJ admits he's not actually making The Hobbit

Post by bungobaggins Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:49 pm

I loved Pan's Labyrinth.  Shrugging 

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:58 pm

so did I but its more Gothic horror and not very Tolkien GDT lacks that warmth that any ME film should have, which is odd as he seems a cuddly kind of guy.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:03 pm

I liked Pan's Labyrinth, though it had been built up so much by a couple of del Toro fans I knew that the actual film didn't quite live up to my expectations. But it's still an excellent film and I'd recommend it to anyone interested in a more mature fantasy tale.

I'm not sure that GDT would have been the right fit for Middle-earth, but I was curious to see what he'd bring before he stepped down.

{{{I can't complain though, since he left to make Pacific Rim. I love you}}}
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:04 pm

bungobaggins wrote:
Eldorion wrote:Someone posted the interview on TORn and I pointed out the significance of PJ's one statement, but it hasn't sparked any discussion.

I am not surprised.

Just an update: I've had a couple more responses to my post, and the recurring refrain seems to be "PJ is right", with a side order of "The Hobbit book is so boring next to LOTR". Mad
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:05 pm

idiots

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:10 pm

Shrugging There's no accounting for taste. I don't mean to be condescending in that, even if I struggle to wrap my mind around certain tastes. But what really gets me crabbit is people repeating PJ's misinformation (ie, lies) about the books. I thought we were done with the whole "Tolkien wanted to rewrite The Hobbit like PJ is doing" thing. Extremely Crabbit
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:12 pm

Not to mention the "appendices."   Laughing 

I don't think I have seen one interview where Peter Jackson didn't mention them. Rolling Eyes

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:15 pm

The thing is, you don't even have to be some sort of Tolkien expert to know that PJ is objectively wrong here. The claim is such total bullshit that it falls apart on even the most cursory investigation.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:17 pm

Why won't anyone call him on it!?!?!?! Just say, you were basically lying through your teeth the entire time! 95 percent of this stuff is made up!

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:18 pm

Well, if you repeat a lie over and over again enough times some people will believe you.

I guess Jackson has proved that at least. Laughing 

What it says for the purported serious journalists and so on who have repeated those lies as facts. Well, that's a completely different matter. Rolling Eyes  

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:19 pm

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:47 pm

bungobaggins wrote:I loved Pan's Labyrinth.  Shrugging 
Same here. I also like the first Hellboy or at least find it watchable. GDT's style doesn't irritate me like PJ's does.
Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:10 pm

Eldorion wrote:The thing is, you don't even have to be some sort of Tolkien expert to know that PJ is objectively wrong here.  The claim is such total bullshit that it falls apart on even the most cursory investigation.
It is rather strange that his excuse is brought up as a defense so often by fans who should know better.

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:13 pm

I'm not really too surprised by the sentiment that Jackson is making prequels to his trilogy and not adapting the Hobbit; I am surprised that he came clean about it though. Maybe it would've been too obvious after DOS? Or maybe he doesn't care either way  Shrugging 

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:36 pm

bungobaggins wrote:idiots

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:48 pm

Recoveryanonymous wrote:
Eldorion wrote:The thing is, you don't even have to be some sort of Tolkien expert to know that PJ is objectively wrong here.  The claim is such total bullshit that it falls apart on even the most cursory investigation.
It is rather strange that his excuse is brought up as a defense so often by fans who should know better.

I found it funny when I was posting other places that I would post facts disputing Jackson and the die hards who love kissing his ass would get all bent out of shape and hurl insults at me that I was just a hater. I love it. When in truth they know Tolkien just as well as I do and should have known better that Tolkien abandoned any full rewrite of the Hobbit years ago. And that it was not his lifes work like Jackson claims... Now Jackson pretty much comes clean and admits he's not adapting the Hobbit. Now I just wish he would come clean about the appendices he loves to bring up so much. And say something like:

"we know what is in the appendices, but we don't think they really fit the story we want to tell. Ummm....yeah, So we are making up events using the characters names and.... ummm, Tolkien's places, that are in the appendices to make up our own story. One that we feel is better and much more suited to film than Tolkien's little... ummmm, 300 page book, which really is quite full of nonsense unlike our made up material. Something we feel is better suited for the action and antics that Tolkien was going to write into the story but.... ummm died before he could finish this rewrite"

Something like that I would finally believe coming out of their mouths

edited to add that's how you can tell Jackson is bullshiting he is constantly saying ummm like he has to think of what to say next instead of just saying the truth. Ahhhhh to be in the public eye
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:15 pm

Wow...he finally admitted it, I'm kinda shocked he was so blunt, but frankly not surprised that's the way he feels.

I'm still waiting for him to admit he's never read The Silmarillion or The HOME...

Sinister, oh how I miss your brutal honesty on TORn...

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:25 pm

malickfan wrote:Sinister, oh how I miss your brutal honesty on TORn...

Yeah my permanent ban is a tribute to that honesty  Suspect  The thing is I would always back my stuff up with facts and they would all just come back with Jackson worship and hostility... Funny huh?  :facepalm:  there are too many sheep in the ranks of   places who just follow the leaders who should know better  Rolling Eyes   Embarassed but don't because it's not in their best interest  No 
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:30 pm

malickfan wrote:

I'm still waiting for him to admit he's never read The Silmarillion or The HOME...

I'm still waiting for him to admit he's never read the Hobbit.  Laughing slap laugh 

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:33 pm

Did they give you a warning before they banned you, Sin?

http://helob.deviantart.com/gallery/
https://stopthesecrecy.net/

PJ admits he's not actually making The Hobbit - Page 2 WiuVcmi
Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:26 am

Radaghast wrote:Did they give you a warning before they banned you, Sin?

one unofficial warning and then one official warning. Then I was told I would be given a second warning before I was actually banned. Which never happened. Which honestly I can still see every post on their slice of Peter Jackson fangasm site. i could start another profile and post if I wanted to. But why? To hear more of the same sounds of puckering on Jackson's ass from the mods and majority of staffers over there.... I'll pass thanks I believe in calling a turd a turd even when it comes to Peter Jackson's films. No matter if they are the life force behind that site. At least telling it like it is would show they had a spine, At least Jackson has finally come clean about his intentions. But too many fans of his, have their head so far up his ass they believe everything he tells them without reading between the lines and understanding the double talk of Hollywood and the like in the public eye. Only half of what you see or hear is real, or truth... the rest is all perception and how it will paint the responsible party in the most positive light. (I've been around the professional music industry for way too long, over 25 years, and know the truth about how publicity works in this type of situation)

Anyways they wont even respond to my messages to reinstate my acct. So the hell with them This place is much more my speed and the management doesn't have a I love Peter Jackson stick up its ass. I prefer Crabbit to false idol worship like is done with Jackson.
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:30 am

Yeah, there is a very cultish sort of atmosphere over there.

Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:45 am

Peter jackson's "The Habbit - The Definition Of Smug" sounds about right  affraid 

said it once I'll say it again Thanks Pete  F You 

Suspect  NEVERMIND I'LL BE OVER HERE KEEPING MY MOUTH SHUT Suspect
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:03 am

The Hogshit: The Defecation of Schmutz

Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next