Ally
Ringdrotten
Eldorion
Pettytyrant101
Kafria
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Whats your opening scene? - Page 2 Empty Re: Whats your opening scene?

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:36 pm

<delete>

Last edited by Forest Shepherd on Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:30 pm

They'll find some suitable material in that Middle Earth: Expanded Universe tome they've got hid up their a$$es Nod

Whats your opening scene? - Page 2 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:45 pm

I suspect peejers will leave the audience wanting more, so that they reach back for LOTRs, or, God forbid ! fans might petition for a Sil ? but, as thats not on the cards, maybe, just maybe, Peejers or someone taking the reins with peejers *choke* 'advising' might make a LOTRs type of film to quench the audiences thirst ? By which time IL probably end up admitting myself voluntarily to a secure wing of a VERY secure NUTHOUSE !

Whats your opening scene? - Page 2 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Whats your opening scene? - Page 2 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:41 pm

Forest Shepherd wrote:Bob Dylan fans.

There are literally dozens of us.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:05 pm

Well, seeing as it was to be called "There and back again" I'm guessing there still will be a back again. As for an actual end though, I think some tie in with the LotRs triology is the most plausible too. We were discussing Saurons return to Mordor a little while ago, I guess that's a quite plausible posibility.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:03 pm

Kafria wrote:I suppose I should rephrase my question. In an ideal pre LOTR film world, how would you have this film open if you were directing it?

Honestly me personally I would open the film with were Jackson started the actual story of the Hobbit with young Bilbo sitting and smoking his pipe meeting Gandalf for the first time. I actually like the Baggend scenes in the Hobbit (not all the dialogue though) up until Bilbo runs out the door on his own telling all of Hobbiton he is "going on an adventure"... That is the point where Jackson's Hobbit runs down hill rather quickly for me. The thing I would have changed was showing a flashback of the battles of the dwarf and goblin war while in Baggend introducing Dain Ironfoot and showing Azog getting beheaded and foreshadowing the Balrog. I also would have had Gandalf forcing Bilbo out the door instead of Bilbo making up his own mind. Not to mention cutting out every mention of Sauron or showing the ring to be anything but a magic ring and not forcing everyone to see the one ring or Sauron as the Necromancer. I think a bit more mystery around that character would have made for a better film. I would have included the stone giants but in the background not the dwarfs riding upon them. Goblin town would have been shot with real sets instead of vast CGI cartoon world, so it felt more claustrophobic, I would have included Gollum going back to his island looking for the ring, The fact that he thought Bilbo really knew the way out, and Goblins at the back door where Bilbo truly lost his buttons. Bolg could have been the main antagonist after the dwarfs with no connection to the Necromancer, just not constantly chasing the dwarfs everywhere (like stupidly into Laketown or the elves homeland) I would have included the White Council, and shown hints of Gandalf's side quest without going into it too deeply. Mirkwood would have been dark and creepy instead of some bad acid trip. Bilbo would have pretty much been useless up to this point. I did like how he heard the spiders talking while wearing the ring. (Sadly though Jackson had him remove the ring and he still heard spider voices, not well thought out IMHO) I would have dropped the whole Tauriel/Kili romance thing and story all together.

So many places to start though... Old Bilbo just sitting writing looking at his pages would have been a good one, No Frodo no dialogue. Maybe just Bilbo hearing the sounds of battle, waterfalls, a dragon roaring, all subtley while getting a smile on his face fading into him sitting meeting Gandalf.

SO MUCH stuff could have been handled a lot better than Peter Jackson handled them. So far all I have seen with the Hobbit is a bad script, terrible decision making on the direction of the film and contradicting his own LOTR trilogy with a great many things. He should have made the Hobbit like LOTR never existed and just done the Hobbit in the same style without trying to rewrite the damn story making it about something completely different than it was when Tolkien wrote it. A good writer can write a prequel that doesn't rehash the original all the while not giving the story of the original away. Something Jackson completely failed in doing.
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:06 pm

Forest Shepherd wrote:Well clearly this thread was norced by Syd Barret and Bob Dylan fans.
But while we're still 2 months away from the last Hobbit film, let us bring things full circle!

What will the closing scene of the BotFA film be?

Hopefully the final scenes in the Hobbit film will include Bilbo's return home to find his home up for auction. And although I think its a stupid idea I'm sure Jackson can't help himself by showing us Mordor and the great eye again since he has no restraint. I'm sure they'll throw a bit more Gollum in there showing him leave the tunnels under the Misty mountains.

Honestly I'd like to see a few more dwarfs die in the film than in the book. So far there hasn't been any danger and the dwarfs all bounce around like superballs and don't get hurt. I'd personally love to see about 5 or 6 dwarfs bite the dust in it. Bifur, Bombur, and Nori can all join Thorin Kili and Fili in death as far as I'm concerned might make for a more emotional ending IMO
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:56 am

Fairly certain we'll have a "tying up all the 'loose' ends" scene at the end. Similar to that awful sequence at the end of Revenge of the Sith. PJ will take his big mallet and pound us on the head, "Are the trilogies tied together enough for you, yet?" BONK! BONK! BONK!

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:02 am

While I'm sure there will be something with Sauron and/or Mordor near the end, I suspect that the film will end back with Bilbo in the Shire. I would love if it ended like the book, with Bilbo, Gandalf, and Balin chilling in Bag End. And I could actually see PJ going for this. He did, after all, wrap up ROTK on the same line as the book, despite the various changes that took place before that. But I'm not sure it will be the case here because of the framing sequence. We didn't see old!Bilbo and Frodo at all in DOS, and I don't expect we'll see them at the beginning of BOFA, but they'll almost certainly show up again before the end, and it wouldn't make sense to go from the TH era, to the LOTR era, and then back just for a closhing shot. So I expect the film to end right around the party from FOTR. Hopefully it's before the party (maybe with Gandalf and Bilbo smoking like in the scene from FOTR?) and not afterwards with Frodo picking up the Ring or some shit.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:37 pm

I really hope they finish with Bilbo chugging back to Bag end with his haul of gold/mithril shirt and interupts the sale of Bag end. But knowing Jackson there will be lots of Ring references, Ring staring, and Ring Flaming Lady-Gardening. No
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:16 am

I'm actually thinking we won't see Frodo at the end of film 3. Honestly he ran off to meet Gandalf at the beginning of AUJ before the actual tale got under way.So with any luck they will show maybe Bilbo arriving home to the auction, flash forward a few years to Bilbo enjoying a smoke with Balin and Gandalf,flash forward to present time return to old Bilbo writing and smiling and roll credits

Suspect  NEVERMIND I'LL BE OVER HERE KEEPING MY MOUTH SHUT Suspect
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:36 am

Sinister71 wrote:I'm actually thinking we won't see Frodo at the end of film 3. Honestly he ran off to meet Gandalf at the beginning of AUJ before the actual tale got under way.So with any luck they will show maybe Bilbo arriving home to the auction, flash forward a few years to Bilbo enjoying a smoke with Balin and Gandalf,flash forward to present time return to old Bilbo writing and smiling and roll credits

And celebrate with much joy & gusto that peejers will never again ever set foot into Middle Earth !
( pass the sausage rolls round !) pub

Whats your opening scene? - Page 2 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Whats your opening scene? - Page 2 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:57 am

That would actually be a really good ending, Sin. Thumbs Up
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:17 am

Eldorion wrote:That would actually be a really good ending, Sin. Thumbs Up

Thanks and it kind of has a ROTK feel to it pub
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:23 am

Yeah, the successive time jumps do sort of give that same feel.

I'm curious if they'll show any of the return journey in BOFA. They completely skipped that in ROTK -- which I completely understand, given the length of the film. And the whole sequence is accelerated in the book as well. But it does include Bilbo digging up the troll's loot, which forms the basis for much of his subsequent wealth, which ends up being important in the LOTR era. They already set this up by including the treasure-burying scene in AUJ, but they could skip it and just have Bilbo bring back some loot from Erebor, if time is an issue. This seems a likely candidate for the EE to me.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:28 am

Whats your opening scene? - Page 2 Cybermen___delete___campaign_by_degaspiv-d33hjoa

<deleted>

Last edited by Forest Shepherd on Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:30 pm

They set it up in about as much detail as Tolkien did. I actually kind of liked that it wasn't really telegraphed as obvious that the treasure would come back into play. It happens so early in the book that by the time they get back to the trolls during the return journey it's easy to have forgotten it even happened, but it makes for a pleasant surprise/memory.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:22 pm

Well sure, but I was thinking of the point Petty made in his AUJ rewrite that the dwarves went and buried the treasure in small hole inside the troll's cave where they had found said treasure, not outside somewhere less obvious.

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:28 pm

Forest Shepherd wrote:Well sure, but I was thinking of the point Petty made in his AUJ rewrite that the dwarves went and buried the treasure in small hole inside the troll's cave where they had found said treasure, not outside somewhere less obvious.

well in Jackson's world it should be safe even if they left it sitting on a platform like in an Indiana Jones movie, since everything bad in middle earth is linked to Sauron and they are all gonna run to his aid to take Erebor from the Dwarfs. Cause we all know Sauron wants all the riches in Erebor and the Arkenstone so he can be king of the dwarfs too. That leaves the treasure in the troll horde safe as a kitten in its mothers arms. Why didn't Tolkien think of this its brilliant. Shrugging
:facepalm: mmm yeah ok not really slap laugh slap laugh slap laugh slap laugh slap laugh slap laugh pub
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2