Ringdrotten
Kafria
Eldorion
Gandalf's Beard
Admin
19 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Welcome to the new Hobbit Movie Forum! - Page 4 Empty Re: Welcome to the new Hobbit Movie Forum!

Post by Saradoc Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:36 pm

Congratulations Chris! That's an amazing ring...but I think I've seen a similar design somewhere else...! Smile But it looks massive in that picture! Lovely words inscripted too!

King Arthur: The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. That is why I am your king.

Dennis the Peasant: Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
Saradoc
Saradoc
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the new Hobbit Movie Forum! - Page 4 Empty Re: Welcome to the new Hobbit Movie Forum!

Post by Eldorion Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:32 pm

Congratulations, Chris! That's a neat idea, and that ring looks great! Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:44 pm

Congrats Chris and Mrs Chris too! (unless its a Mr Chris, so confusing the modern world) in which case also congrats! Have some buckie. Shame you didn't fnd your way here sooner the NotP loves a celebrity wedding.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:23 pm

Congrats Chris ( nice to have you back!!! Very Happy )
Love the inscription too

'A novel is a long piece of prose with ,in the eyes of the author at least, something wrong with it - Neil Gaiman, intro to American gods
Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Baingil Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:57 pm

Oops, didn't see your post, Chris! No, that's not me in the Sun. Laughing

And don't worry Petty... at least not too much... I'm not angry... yet...
Baingil
Baingil
Guest of Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:28 pm

I hope you didn't get married, Chris, just because you no longer had your first love (us) in your life? That's no foundation for an enduring relationship with a gal (or guy). No

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:05 am

Orwell wrote:I hope you didn't get married, Chris, just because you no longer had your first love (us) in your life? That's no foundation for an enduring relationship with a gal (or guy). No

Smile Smile Smile

Got married on my Birthday, so i wouldn't forget our anniversary i suspect.
chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:51 am

Cunning - two presents for one (maybe even three for one, nudge nudge wink wink).

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:36 pm

Far over the misty mountains cold, To dungeons deep and caverns old, We must away, ere break of day, To find our long-forgotten gold."
chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:38 pm

Planning a quest Chris? So soon after getting married. Count me in! (Will there be buckie on this quest or should I bring my own?)

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:40 pm

Must have missed this in my absense! Congratulations, Chris Very Happy And that's got to be the most awesome wedding ring I've seen Very Happy

Welcome to the new Hobbit Movie Forum! - Page 4 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:54 am

Thank you Ringdrotten and very funny Petty Laughing

ps. Bring your own, are you sure your Scottish Laughing
Apparently its Yorkshire day today so Happy Yorkshire day everyone.
chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:03 am

When I say 'my own' I mean it in a similar fashion to which Frodo does about the Ring "Its mine. Mine. My own!" Ive not gone mad, not like I'm talking about sharing it or anything silly like that.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:03 am

Anyone been here, looks pretty good.

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2011/08/03/46945-torn-spy-visits-hobbit-house-in-manila/
chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:55 am

That sounds pretty neat, but unfortunately my chances of ending up in Manila are pretty slim. Neutral

NB I tried really hard to find a "Thrilla in Manila"-based pun or rhyme I could make for this but I'm too tired. Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:27 pm

Hobbits and thier food.

http://theotherjournal.com/2011/07/21/bread-surpassing-the-savour-of-a-fair-white-loaf-to-one-who-is-starving-food-and-the-culture-of-hobbits/
chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:06 pm

The Hobbit is largely caught up with notions of food, or the lack of it... I wonder if PJ's characters will experience the "lack". Mirkwood will seem particularly "atmosphere-less" without the Company being hungry. It would take much film time to create that feeling. Oh well, I guess we'll get the dwarves fighting Centaurs or something to compensate.

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:35 am

Hardly likely... mm... food...

Respectable Hobbit of Needlehole

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:51 pm

Given that PJ tended to skim over food in the films, I can't imagine he would. However, the scene with Merry and Pippin finding Saruman's storehouse in TTT-EE remains a favorite of mine because PJ takes the time to focus on the little details of Middle-earth there. Cool
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:02 pm

Eldorion wrote:Given that PJ tended to skim over food in the films, I can't imagine he would. However, the scene with Merry and Pippin finding Saruman's storehouse in TTT-EE remains a favorite of mine because PJ takes the time to focus on the little details of Middle-earth there. Cool

That should be "PJ takes little time to focus on the little details...".

Respectable Hobbit of Needlehole

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:08 pm

True, but I like to appreciate the moments when he does. study
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:37 pm

This actual movie talk reminds me I have to watch the Megaedit. No disrespect to the Megaeditor, but watching PJ is so frustrating!!! (The Megaedit probably only helps define the frustration even more acutely! Sad )

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:06 pm

Why, I hold PJ as the greatest director ever! I love you

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:25 pm

Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirabella Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:35 am

Ally wrote:Why, I hold PJ as the greatest director ever! I love you

Even I know that that's a plain silly comment, Ally.
Mirabella
Mirabella
Woman strong enough to not fear beauty

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next