The Hobbit: A Two Movie Cut

+2
Pettytyrant101
davidjoneshoward
6 posters

Go down

The Hobbit: A Two Movie Cut Empty The Hobbit: A Two Movie Cut

Post by davidjoneshoward Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:32 pm

Hello everyone! The reason why I posted this in LOTR section is because I figured you probably wouldn't be going in TH section.

Anyways, one day I intend on cutting the hobbit movies down to 2 movies so that it feels more focused and because to be honest, it has some really shitty scenes that surely will not be missed. Many people will probably disagree with my vision of TH movies and say it really should only be 1 movie. I am prepared for that. Though how can it be 1 movie with the material Jackson has provided? It'd be over 4 hours (how can a hobbit movie seriously beat ROTK in length?), none of it has the same feel as what the original had, so whats the point of trying to make it like a children's story? Jackson has tampered with it so much that that problem can't be fixed. All I'm doing is manipulating the movies so that at least it can SOMEWHAT compare to the LOTR movies and feel like a worthy prequel. (Hopefully when the Ultimate Edition of the movies comes out, Jackson will release the alternate scenes so that I can take out the Dragon fight in DOS without people scratching their heads in confusion)

BTW I found a lot of websites with other peoples cuts of the movie, which should be interesting to see:

https://ahobbitsholiday.wordpress.com/

https://tolkieneditor.wordpress.com/

http://io9.com/all-the-scenes-that-could-have-been-cut-from-the-hobbit-1672431096

http://kotaku.com/now-theres-a-three-hour-cut-of-the-hobbit-trilogy-1681224543

So, I already have a basic idea in my mind of what I would take out, but what YOU would take out is what I'm curious about

Last edited by davidjoneshoward on Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
davidjoneshoward
davidjoneshoward
Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

The Hobbit: A Two Movie Cut Empty Re: The Hobbit: A Two Movie Cut

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:35 pm

and say it really should only be 1 movie. I am prepared for that (Petty- Davidjones

You can find a thread about my edits in the Petty's Purist Edits section- and my version is two films long.

And there is also Goldeneyes edits in TH section- which is a single film version.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:40 am

I would take out all Azog, all White Council, all Alfrid, all Bards family, all Tauriel and Legolas, all Dwarven ''humour'' for starters.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:47 am

And then for finishers take out all Bilbo, all Thorin, all Gandalf, all Smaug, all Legolas, and all Master of Lake-town.

That should just about do it. Very Happy

Final Running Time: 18 minutes. A very brief and chaotic film about smoke-rings floating upward, sparks floating upward out of a chimney, some birds flying about, and landscape shots.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:40 am

Forest Shepherd wrote:
Final Running Time: 18 minutes. A very brief and chaotic film about smoke-rings floating upward, sparks floating upward out of a chimney, some birds flying about, and landscape shots.

I'd watch it. cyclops

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:12 am

lol!

The Hobbit: A Two Movie Cut Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

The Hobbit: A Two Movie Cut Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:12 pm

dammit so would I Razz it would make a quite nice trailer. I would basically keep sparks flowing out the chimbley, butterflies, Eagles, a sunrise, a Gandalf twinkle.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down