Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please)

+50
Cowley 121
Hillbilly
Anne
Bluebottle
Yavanna
malickfan
Forest Shepherd
Laivine
bungobaggins
Radaghast
RA
jon
Jac Jackson
TheUberNerdyKid
widfara
leelee
Barnamir
irca
Karakehribar
CC12 35
azriel
the truth
Foolofatook
MeikoElektra
David H
chris63
yooper
Monicawang
Kendalf
Lancebloke
Kafria
Turembar
halfwise
odo banks
feanor 1999
Semiramis
Norc
Mrs Figg
Aiglos
Lester Cat
Taniwha
Orwell
Tinuviel
Ally
Amarië
Squach
Ringdrotten
Pettytyrant101
PiP
Eldorion
54 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please) - Page 4 Empty Re: Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please)

Post by Orwell Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:36 am

Are you sure about that? Suspect

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please) - Page 4 Empty Re: Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please)

Post by Norc Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:44 am

why shouldn't I scratch
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please) - Page 4 Empty ain't completely new

Post by halfwise Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:02 pm

was on the old forum a ways back. Started seeing Eldorian and Petty on the the-hobbit-movie, but when the word 'crabbit' started making the rounds there I got homesick.

Where's Odo?
halfwise
halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:06 pm

hi! welcome home Very Happy
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:13 pm

Welcome back Halfwise!! cheers
Great to see you here once again. Don't mind my bandages, got tricked by some Vikings into going into a geyser-long story-as everything on Forumshire is. Theres a bit of Viking contoingent here now- I think weve been invaded or something but with less rape and pillageing than one might expect but a lot more cheek!
A browse of the recent threads will help bring you up to date, sort of, we may have elevated going off topic to an art form I fear.
But you can always catch up on events in the newspapers in the off topic section-I recommend the Daily Purist and News of the Pure myself as I'm contractually obligated to.
So glad you found us again. Very Happy Welcome home and have a buckie (before my Paw drinks it all- thats another long story!)

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:52 pm

Hey, Halfwise, welcome back! I'm glad you decided to rejoin us. cheers I hope all has been well with you over the past year (has it really been that long since Dark Planet Day? I think it has! Shocked). Odo is probably in the Creative Corner forum where the wedding preparations are, but he seems to have split in two and become both Odo and Orwell (though neither will appreciate me saying that), so keep an eye out for both. Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:03 pm

Hi Halfwise I see you made it over from Bree in one piece and no nasty Barrow Wights grabbed yer bits in a crawling hand. phew its exhausting keep riding over on Fatty Lumpkin as he does bounce a girls jellies, and jams.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:28 pm

halfwise wrote:was on the old forum a ways back. Started seeing Eldorian and Petty on the the-hobbit-movie, but when the word 'crabbit' started making the rounds there I got homesick.

Where's Odo?

One by one the Refugees all return... Sad ... I thought you must have been captured and put in a dungeon on Dark Planet... You were always an independant free spirit - and 'free spirits' are seen as dangerous in some quarters. {{{Mind you, that's something I CAN agree with the Dark Council of Dark Planet about, Halfwise. This Free Spiritism in Forumshire is quite unsettling, but I work valiantly against it as always Rolling Eyes }}}.

Ummm... I do hope you've learned a bit of Respectability while you were out in the wilds....

Oh goodness! I see no one's offred you a cup of buckie or a seed cake yet... you must be hungry after living on nuts and leaves all this time! Shocked I'll see to it immediately, being a hospitable hobbit as you know. (Petty can you see to it! I'm a bit light on in my pantries at the moment! And don't be stingy! Mad )

If I may be frank, Halfwise, it worries me a little you've returned via Bree-land *. That's where Mrs Figg, Norc and David H have come from - and they still have a hole there too, by all accounts, which they use on weekends presumably! Shocked Queer place Bree... very queer... Suspect

Anyway, WELCOME... Oh what a pleasant surprise! Nod

* Which Bree-landers call "The Hobbit Movie News" for some totally esoteric reason. But I did say Bree-landers were queer folks, did I not? Rolling Eyes

Last edited by odo banks on Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:34 pm; edited 2 times in total

Respectable Hobbit of Needlehole

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:32 pm

"I see no one's ogffred you a cup of buckie or a seed cake yet"- Odo

Hey!- "Welcome home and have a buckie"- Petty. ok I didnt actually give it to him but I offered.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:33 pm

Rude as usual, Mr Tyrant! Rolling Eyes Posting while I was amending and editing! Rolling Eyes Why must you always do that! Mad (And as if I read your boring posts properly, anyway! Rolling Eyes Just a quick skim, a yawn, and then onto more "worthwhile" business! Very Happy )

Last edited by odo banks on Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:37 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:36 pm

Yes so I see Odo- amending it once you noticed I'd already hugely generously offered some buckie so you could save your own pantry! Typical Banks you lot never change! Evil or Very Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:38 pm

Propriety (if you had any) would suggest you always give me half an hour (at least) to edit and refashion my posts, what. That was 'pantries"- and all of them (quite) bare at the moment... Nod

Last edited by odo banks on Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:40 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:39 pm

Sure thats long enough for your ageing befuddled brain Odo? Razz

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:40 pm

Half an hour, Mr Tyrant - HALF AN HOUR! Banghead

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:57 pm

Yeah... I see you folks are busy, so I'll just say hi Halfwise and be on my way.

Hi Halfwise! Smile

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:09 pm

halfwise wrote:was on the old forum a ways back. Started seeing Eldorian and Petty on the the-hobbit-movie, but when the word 'crabbit' started making the rounds there I got homesick.

Where's Odo?

I love you :)x

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:17 pm

Oh Ally, Odo was here, but he popped off again. I'll send him your love though. Very Happy

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:25 pm

Stay classy Orwell, stay classy.

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:21 pm

Classy? Suspect When was that then? Suspect

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:03 pm

So I forgot I made an introduction, and find that a whole set of explanations and conversations went on while I was off nosing about in serious topics, like what volcano-blasted Mycenaeans might smoke before setting out to sack and pillage Atlantis. If I had come back sooner a whole lot would have been clearer. Good to be back, and thanks for all the welcome. Looking forward to finding out what buckie actually tastes like.
halfwise
halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:53 pm

"Looking forward to finding out what buckie actually tastes like."- Halfwise

A lot of people think that until they actually drink it.
Some people say the subtles of its flavours take time to be appreciated and others that if you just keep drinking it burnss out your ability to taste anything, feel anything, speak coherently or operate your limbs. And such symptoms, as every one knows, is how you know you are having a good time.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:38 am

Hmmm....I started to get the opposite impression from Wikipedia when it was introduced as a tonic wine. But then the very next topic was "controversy in Scotland". A good sign, that. Will continue reading.
halfwise
halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:45 am

"Several Scottish politicians and social activists have singled out Buckfast Tonic Wine as being particularly responsible for crime, disorder, and general social deprivation...."

"750 ml has the caffeine equivalent of 8 cans of soda..."

"In 2005 Scottish Justice Minister.... was greeted by teenagers chanting, "Don't ban Buckie"

I am seriously starting to like this stuff. Got to find a US importer pronto....
halfwise
halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:48 am

"in January 2010 a BBC investigation revealed that Buckfast had been mentioned in 5,638 crime reports in the Strathclyde area of Scotland from 2006–2009, equating to an average of three per day...114 times in that period a Buckfast bottle was used as a weapon."

I think I'm in love.
halfwise
halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:50 am

Given that the U.S. banned Four Loko I can't imagine that there is an American buckie importer. The stuff sounds alternately frightening and hilarious. Laughing

For comparison:

Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next