Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please)

+50
Cowley 121
Hillbilly
Anne
Bluebottle
Yavanna
malickfan
Forest Shepherd
Laivine
bungobaggins
Radaghast
RA
jon
Jac Jackson
TheUberNerdyKid
widfara
leelee
Barnamir
irca
Karakehribar
CC12 35
azriel
the truth
Foolofatook
MeikoElektra
David H
chris63
yooper
Monicawang
Kendalf
Lancebloke
Kafria
Turembar
halfwise
odo banks
feanor 1999
Semiramis
Norc
Mrs Figg
Aiglos
Lester Cat
Taniwha
Orwell
Tinuviel
Ally
Amarië
Squach
Ringdrotten
Pettytyrant101
PiP
Eldorion
54 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please) - Page 40 Empty Re: Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please)

Post by jon Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:34 am

Hi Tel!  Wave 

Welcome to the Shire!

@Radaghast - love your location!

Thumbs Up 

'I would draw some of the great tales in fullness, and leave many only placed in the scheme, and sketched.  The cycles should be linked to a majestic whole, and yet leave scope for other minds and hands, wielding paint and music and drama...'

-J.R.R. Tolkien,  The Letters of J.R.R. Tolkien (1981), no. 131
jon
jon
Burglar

Location : a dry, bare sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat.

http://layofleithian.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please) - Page 40 Empty Re: Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please)

Post by thegooddoctor Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:33 am

hi,

i'm new to the site. here's a quick intro:

How did you first come across Tolkien? I first read the hobbit when i was in third grade. i tried reading the lord of the rings right after that, but found it was too boring. i tried again two years later, and i've been hooked ever since. there was a time when i read the hobbit once a year. i haven't read it in a while, but i still consider it my favorite book.

What do you think of the movies? i can't stand the movies. i honestly find a hard time understanding why people who are fans of the book like them. i don't think the capture what's great about the books at all, nor do i think they are decent movies in and of themselves. i'd rather watch the star wars prequels. but to each his own.

How did you pick your username? Does it have any meaning? i use it everywhere.

How did you find Forumshire? Search engine, referral, or something else entirely? i found that someone had linked to my liveblogging of my lotr rewatch and here i am.

I'm also a writer.
thegooddoctor
thegooddoctor
Shireling

http://entropy2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:27 am

You look a lot like Alice's Father. You appear about the right size. Drink from the bottle labelled, "Slightly biggger but only if U want to." If so, you definitely fit. Welcome! cyclops

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooddoctor Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:32 am

Orwell wrote:You look a lot like Alice's Father. You appear about the right size. Drink from the bottle labelled, "Slightly biggger but only if U want to." If so, you definitely fit. Welcome!   cyclops

You know what would be a good mashup? Alice's adventures in middle earth!

I'm also a writer.
thegooddoctor
thegooddoctor
Shireling

http://entropy2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:07 pm

Welcome, gooddoctor Very Happy

Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please) - Page 40 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:24 pm

Welcome gooddoctor. Doctors are always welcome in Forumshire!

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:40 pm

Welcome to Forumshire, gooddoctor. Smile I recall reading your posts about LOTR and TH when they were linked to from here. I suspect you will find many people who sympathize with you here. Laughing
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:28 pm

Welcome, doc! Always great to have another fellow commiserator re: the movies Very Happy

http://helob.deviantart.com/gallery/
https://stopthesecrecy.net/

Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please) - Page 40 WiuVcmi
Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:38 pm

jon wrote:Hi Tel!   Wave 

Welcome to the Shire!

@Radaghast - love your location!

Thumbs Up 
Razz

Thanks!
Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:11 pm

thegooddoctor wrote:
Orwell wrote:You look a lot like Alice's Father. You appear about the right size. Drink from the bottle labelled, "Slightly biggger but only if U want to." If so, you definitely fit. Welcome!   cyclops

You know what would be a good mashup? Alice's adventures in middle earth!

As if that could ever happen...   Very Happy I mean --- what would you have.... Amarie disappearing down a big hole (that is, a hole large enough for one of our older girls to fit inside)--- a hobbit hole, even?  Rolling Eyes As if.... Ridiculous! Silly! Nonsense!  What a Face 

{{{Mmmmmmmmmmmmm....?}}}

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:35 pm

We certainly could use a good doctor around here. Hello and welcome! I am the sane one, the voices told me so.  Wave 

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:03 pm

Halla balla!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:55 pm

thegooddoctor wrote:hi

Hello.  Smile Wave 

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:04 am

Morning !  Wave 

Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please) - Page 40 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please) - Page 40 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:58 pm

evening  Wave 

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:07 pm

Good nightWelcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please) - Page 40 Smiley_to_sleep032

----------

Continues here: http://www.hobbitmovieforum.com/t1052-welcome-and-introductions-newbies-please-2

Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please) - Page 40 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40