Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please)

+50
Cowley 121
Hillbilly
Anne
Bluebottle
Yavanna
malickfan
Forest Shepherd
Laivine
bungobaggins
Radaghast
RA
jon
Jac Jackson
TheUberNerdyKid
widfara
leelee
Barnamir
irca
Karakehribar
CC12 35
azriel
the truth
Foolofatook
MeikoElektra
David H
chris63
yooper
Monicawang
Kendalf
Lancebloke
Kafria
Turembar
halfwise
odo banks
feanor 1999
Semiramis
Norc
Mrs Figg
Aiglos
Lester Cat
Taniwha
Orwell
Tinuviel
Ally
Amarië
Squach
Ringdrotten
Pettytyrant101
PiP
Eldorion
54 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please) - Page 3 Empty Re: Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please)

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:20 pm

Welcome to Forumshire Semiramis, or should I say Sem! cheers
I hope you stay and find much to enjoy here- theres a fair mix of stuff but Tolkien is the heart and soul of it. Great to have you with us.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please) - Page 3 Empty Re: Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please)

Post by Semiramis Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:00 pm

Thank you very much for the warm welcome, Pettytyrant101! Very Happy Very Happy
Semiramis
Semiramis
Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:21 pm

Welcome welcome! Don't worry about spelling errors, I can already see that your English is far better than mine, and they still haven't kicked me out. Very Happy

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:28 pm

Welcome to Forumshire, Sem! It's lovely to meet you. Very Happy I didn't notice any errors in your posts myself. A lot of people here are non-native English speakers, and some of them are better at writing English than us natives. Razz I hope you enjoy your time here!
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:41 pm

"and some of them are better at writing English than us natives."- Eldorion

Yes but in fairness Eldo some of us natives are very, very drunk! drunken

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:42 pm

Hey Sem! Always great to see new folk, especially one's who love the films too! (Doesn't happen as often as you'd think IMO) What film did you get Sem from, if you don't mind! Always keen to expand my movie knowledge. I know others have said this, but oh boy, you're English is great, you're fluent!! Very Happy

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:57 pm

Ally is that last quote in your sig from Sherlock?

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:07 pm

I took it from the BBC adapation of Great Expectations that was on over christmas- I don't know enough Dickens to know if it's actually in the book- but yes, I was rather taken in with that highly attractive (the actor used to be a model!!) guy who played Pip! I did enjoy it a lot though. Very Happy

Still need to catch Sunday's episode of Sherlock; talking to some people they've said mixed things, mostly along the lines of "Not as good as the first episode". Of course I'll have to watch it to form my own opinions Very Happy

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:09 pm

I'm with those who said 'not as good' sadly.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:22 pm

Welcome, welcome Very Happy

Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please) - Page 3 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:51 pm

welcome Sem, hope you like it here ^_^
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:31 am

Hi Sem! You and I both have fun nicknames! I go by Tin most of the time, or Her Maj queen

Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please) - Page 3 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Semiramis Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:48 pm

Ally wrote:Hey Sem! Always great to see new folk, especially one's who love the films too! (Doesn't happen as often as you'd think IMO) What film did you get Sem from, if you don't mind!
"North and South", actually a tv miniseries with Patrick Swayze

Tinuviel, I would not dare to abbreviate your username! It's far too beautiful! Wink

Thank you all for your kind words!! I'm looking forward to reading everything that has happened here lately!
Semiramis
Semiramis
Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:31 pm

Embarassed Well thank you Sem Kissing

Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please) - Page 3 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by feanor 1999 Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:32 am

Ayup All...

Hi, It's Me, Stu from the Hobbit-Movie Database...

I've Loved LOTR and The Silmarillion from the Moment I read them, especially the Silmarillion, and once started, quite Late I think, I couldn't get enuff Tolkien Full Stop. It's one of the most enjoyable, Immersive 'Fantasy' worlds I've ever come across and one that I Love Dearly. No other Universes, except for Discworld and Thomas Covenants 'Land', even come close. BUT If I had a chance to go Live in one once I die, It'd Be Tolkiens Arda...

My Favourite Character, Surprise, Surprise, is Feanor, as I share Most of his Traits, good and Bad, and He Inspires me to do the Best that I can in all I do. However, Like Him, I can be somewhat self-Destructive at times, as can we all, but I don't direct my Ire at other people, Just Myself. My Other Favourite Character is Fingolfin. The Nirnaeth and His Fight with Melkor are all time High Points of The Silmarillion to me. Anyhoo, Enuff rant. On to Pettys Edits !

See you around !
feanor 1999
feanor 1999
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:46 am

Welcome to Forumshire!!! cheers

Good to see you here hope you stay -and not just for my edits!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:49 pm

Hey Stu, this is Julia, us Breelanders have had a warm welcome from these Shirelanders, they are a bit odd, (Petty and Orwell) and they have strange erm quirks, but they mean well. anyway welcome. Very Happy
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:48 am

Welcome to Forumshire, Stu/Feanor! Very Happy We met a few times in Bree-land and it's nice to see you in these parts. Smile I hope that you enjoy your visits here; I'll see you around! cheers
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:10 am

You'll be pleased to hear Mrs Figg and I are an item nowadays, Stu. No hard feelings, I hope! Very Happy (Err... we call folk from the Hobbit Movie News forum Bree-landers, if that's not already clear Wink ).

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:40 pm

Welcome Stu/Feanor Smile I am too a former Bree-lander (haven't been there for ages!) I am Nora Wink Hope u like it here, I do Very Happy
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:38 pm

Aren't we all from Hobbit Movie News in some shape or form? Suspect

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:37 pm

Some of us are from the old Hobbit Movie News forum, some of us are from the new one, some of are from PT, and some of us never joined any Hobbit forum before this one. Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:19 pm

Actually, I'm from Hogsmeade.. but then I moved to Bree... for I while.. Then I traveled around middle-earth, Rohan and Lotlorien and I even got lost in Mirkwood. A young elf named Lego-something found me and kicked me sky-high. then I landed in a land far far away.. filled with even smaller people than me. they talked funny and their God was a coco bean. Then a I almost drowned because I can't swim, but a flying-thingi who's job is to save people in the last minute saved me and brought me to the shire. He said that this was a good place for little folk who can't swim.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:58 pm

Norc wrote:Actually, I'm from Hogsmeade.. but then I moved to Bree... for I while.. Then I traveled around middle-earth, Rohan and Lotlorien and I even got lost in Mirkwood. A young elf named Lego-something found me and kicked me sky-high. then I landed in a land far far away.. filled with even smaller people than me. they talked funny and their God was a coco bean. Then a I almost drowned because I can't swim, but a flying-thingi who's job is to save people in the last minute saved me and brought me to the shire. He said that this was a good place for little folk who can't swim.

That's all we need - yet another person getting carried away by their imagination... Rolling Eyes

Respectable Hobbit of Needlehole

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:22 pm

I am speaking the honest truth..
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next