The 2010 Woodhall 48hr Picnic and Elven Disco. All welcome

3 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The 2010 Woodhall 48hr Picnic and Elven Disco. All welcome - Page 6 Empty Re: The 2010 Woodhall 48hr Picnic and Elven Disco. All welcome

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:39 pm

Mirabella Banks
(((((

Actually, GB, Biffo is my half-brother - from a previous marriage of my father, Fogo's... Well, a common law mariage, if you know what I mean... Embarassed That's why Daddy shipped Biffo off to the Kimberleys, following the out of sight out of mind theory. You may not have noticed yet, but Biffo's a rough and ready sort. Sadly, his time out in the back-of-beyond has only made him even more vulgar, if that's possible. I really can't think why Uncle Odo would want him here in Hobbiton... I fear for Uncle Odo's sanity sometimes... Oh but you already knew that! Anyway, I want you to know I want no part of this 'curing' business. I can live with your Liberalism. I don't even see it as an mental illness as such, just plain old immaturity on your part. Let's face it, everyone has their blind spots, so why should you be any different? Smile Indeed, I prefer yoyur Liberalism to Biffo's Vulgarisms... I must say, thank goodness for this bit of 'encryption spell' someone dropped behind a picnic basket! Uncle Odo would be furious if he knew I was fraternizing with you, and not even with a view of luring you into a trap. Oh GB! Uncle Odo believes the end justifies the means, irrespective of how unrespectable the means is! In fact, Uncle Odo is not as respectable as he makes out, not in all ways at least, I could tell you some things about him that would make your ears go pink, but I shan't, for you see, I am respectable! ... I better go now. I'm not sure these encryption spells are as efficacious as one might think they are at times!!! And, pleeeease keep what I've said under your beard! I hope I can trust you on this, even though you're a Tolkien Liberal? :?

)))))

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

The 2010 Woodhall 48hr Picnic and Elven Disco. All welcome - Page 6 Empty Re: The 2010 Woodhall 48hr Picnic and Elven Disco. All welcome

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:40 pm

Biffo Banks
'ell'sbells, Bella! Whose that ya gabbing to oer thar? 'ey! Thatz that Gandy-guy, idn't it? Her went an ranorffonuz, he did.... Stay thar gal, wiles I git Uncle Odo...! Bak soone ...!

((((Thar thingz ya sees wen ya avent gotta gun!! I sweras godzmewidnez that sista omyne was frazanizin...fratáphizing.... gabbiinizizin with that 'andsome thar beard. Ya culd nock me down wivafevver, gorrblimey! weiht ta Uncle Odo 'eres bout thiz... gabbinizin wiv a Lib! Will need tha gun foreshore! Mad )))

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:40 pm

Gandalfs Beard
(((((

My dear Bella, I knew I could count on your sensible nature and your reputation as a respectable Officer of the Law 8-) . If you can look past some of my "shortcomings", I can yours. And indeed, if you can't trust a Wizard...(Oops...Saruman Embarassed )...Well then you can at least trust me on my honour as a Forum Ranger and Fellow Hobbit.

)))))

GB

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:41 pm

Mirabella Banks
(((((

All I can say is, I'm glad Biffo's gone. As to your shortcomings, of course I can tolerate them. You're a Man aren't you. The species would die out if we girls couldn't Men's shortcomings! What did you mean by trusting a 'Wizard (Oops... Saruman)' btw...??? :? It sounded a bit esoteric. Or should I ask Uncle Wise, it's the kind of queer statement he'd come out with... Well, maybe not... Sorry, GB, but you've confused me. :?

)))))

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:42 pm

Gandalfs Beard
((((((

I was just about tosay "If you can't trust a Wizard, who can you trust?", then I suddenly remembered one of the most Untrustworthy buggers of all time. Wink

))))))

GB

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Mirabella Banks
(((((

Oh thank goodness! Shocked For a moment then I thought you might be having a Freudian Moment... As you will know only too well by now, I could never have any sort of relationship with a Saruman type! That kind of Liberality would be a step too far! Even for someone as tolerant and accepting as me!

)))))

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Odo Banks
What's that shimmering luminosity thing I see floating around GB and Mirabella? I smell magic....!

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:43 pm

pettytyrant101
Aahh! So nice to have somewhere sane to come and rest. Oh, now what's Odo on about?

"Hi Odo. Of course there's bloody magic here! It's an infinite long 48 hour party with simultaneous times of day and night occupying the same interweb coordinates and space. It's all bloody magic if you ask me. What? Well GB and Mirabella look fine to me, well fine for a female hobbit Sherriff in racy clothing wearing a hat with corks talking to a floating beard can be! Well if something else is going on no doubt I'll hear about it when it all goes critical, as usual."

Really I just wanted a picnic and what do I get? Family feuds, camels everywhere, ripped off by an elven band and drunk immortals- you seen Farmer Whitfield's cows since Beren decided to go cow tipping? It'l be cheese for months out of them. Oh dear, is that Tin's sculpted nose I can just see poking out from under that pile of barrels? I do hope not, but if it is could someone manoeuvre her back to GB's recovery tent before Beren sees her and decides to blame me. At this rate I will be forced to go to GB's creepy lefty coffee shop for peace and quiet Illuvator forbid!

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Grey Pilgrim
Well, hello, pettytyrant, I see you are holding a neverending picnic. What wonderful fare to to be had. And what interesting people. Camels in The Shire! Shocked What next? Oliphaunts? Very Happy I don't see Odo anywhere. What's that, you say he was here just a moment ago? Perhaps he saw me arrive! I feel obliged to mention that Odo and I have already met, as I am sure you know by now, and while I have been consistently friendly and civil (I cannot speak for Odo's attitude) we have also experienced a modicum of tension and shared a tense word or two. I hope he has not become a little sheepish and has gone into hiding. That would be a shame. I certainly, for my part, mean him no harm, physical or psychological! ( Twisted Evil ) Perhaps he hides behind a barrel? Is that a nose I see in the gap over there? Surely, Odo's nose is not so fine. I will keep looking for him I think, for perhaps he needs reassurance? ( Laughing )

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Odo Banks
...no one here but us rocks....

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:44 pm

pettytyrant101
Well that's disturbing I was just sitting on those rocks having a smoke! Sorry Odo but these cunning disguises of yours are really getting too good.

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:44 pm

Odo Banks
As long as you recognize the fact I was practicing a form of Shrink Meditation to see if it was possible for a genius (me) to slip under a rock... I was never hiding...

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:45 pm

pettytyrant101
So long Odo as you acept my apoligises for stubbing my smoke out on you!!

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:45 pm

Tinuviel
WHAT A BUSY 2 DAYS IT HAS BEEN!!!!!!!!!!
This is the most fun Beren and I have had since we went to get the Silmaril's from Morgoth's crown! I believe that it's best if we leave now though, I seem to be getting on Petty's last nerve Embarassed Well, I have to admit, it was pretty amusing seeing Petty up a tree Laughing None the less, I suggest we all start to leave and give our good Tyrant some peace of mind.

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:46 pm

Odo Banks
Oh Tin, I don't know as that he'll admit it (the lovable crabbitity old chap) but I think Mr Tyrant is thoroughly enjoying his Magical 48 Hour Picnic - though his smoking (and associated vulgar 'stubbing' behavior) is a matter for concern. Pipeweed is uncanceriogenic (Middle-earth spelling) as you know, I hope this is what's in his smokes! Shocked

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

pettytyrant101
Well I've decided to leave the picnic open Tin, I need somewhere to go to get a reprieve from liberals- although most of them turn up here anyway but a picnic seems more congenial to liberals- or at least i don't want to set fire to them so much here, must be the air or something.

Anyhow you and Beren are welcome to drop by whenever, I'll hide the buckie- one drunken immortal I can handle, two is pushing it, especially when the second one is Beren who (to steal a Douglas Adams line) has biceps like a couple of Volkswagen's parking.

Its pipeweed Odo but I'm uncouth and smoke it in roll ups an old Scotsdale habit from back in the day when we had to make our roll ups from discarded stomach lining from haggis. Ahh the stench! Those were the days.

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Wise Odo
Hello all. Now Mr Tyrant, I know this is a festive get-together, but I feel obliged to tell you, Odo is very upset with you. He is lying down with a damp cloth on his forehead and a glass of wine at his elbow in his house at Bywater... Most distressed.... keeps muttering something about 'turnkilts' and 'never ever feeling so betrayed before' and something about there being a need for another highland clearance - I have no idea what he was getting at there. Anyway, I think you better rethink your ideas on The Movie, Mr Tyrant. Think Canonical. Think Respectability. Think Rightly!

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:47 pm

pettytyrant101
Not to worry- there is method in my madness- see the relevant thread for the proof of it.

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:47 pm

Grey Pilgrim
I am just having a lunchbreak surf and here I arrive at your picnic at such an auspicious time pettytyrant. It appears you have changed sides in the debate. Well done. I hate to say it really, but the Banks Brothers have a point. Though I do not disagree with your ideas on the hobbit script. I actually think they are good. But they do seem a little Liberal. Laughing I wonder what Gandalfs Beard will say when he gets here! Wink Perhaps Liberal (Reasonable) ideas are beginning to 'seep' into your stubborn brain! Not a nasty 'taint' I feel, but the sweet scent of commonsense. 8-)

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:48 pm

pettytyrant101
So long as everything I interpret into the script has a solid grounding in the sources I am in no danger.

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:49 pm

Grey Pilgrim
I don't know pettytyrant but somehow what you are saying now jars with other things you have written. I must go back and have a better look. Sadly, I have not the time just yet. Work does get in the way. I will do some careful research though. You can trust me on that. Laughing

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

pettytyrant101
Not all GP- you should read my recent post to Noom where I pointed out purism comes after adaptation. If its before then you don't have an adaptation- you're basically just saying "here's the book film it word for word", which wouldn't work. The job of turning a book into a film is to find film techniques that are best suited to conveying the information, mood, characters, setting and pacing of the original material. This is what I set out on the Odo script thread. It is not inconsistent with my previous views.

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Odo Banks
Sharp, Mr Tyrant, oh so sharp! I get it now. We'll bluff our way through this! Wink

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:50 pm

Grey Pilgrim
I think the cat is out of the bag. I must say I am not surprised as there are a lot of cats on this forum. Laughing I fear Odo and pettytyrant are not quite as Pure and Right as they like to make out. Perhaps now the truly respectable discussions can begin. Laughing And surely a Picnic is a place for fun and song and the burying of hatchets anyway - and perhaps a place also to try and woo pretty lasses like young Mirabella. ((((( I hope I will not be treadimg on Gandalfs Beard by doing so! :? Embarassed )))))

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:50 pm

pettytyrant101
Its been a while since someone gave us a song here- well at least since Tin took the elven band back with her and Beren to the Undying Lands, which neatly solves the problem of having to pay them, being elves they will not be returning anytime soon. So thanks Tin. Very Happy

But it does leave us short of a tune or two-so any takers want to do a turn?

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next