The 2010 Woodhall 48hr Picnic and Elven Disco. All welcome

3 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The 2010 Woodhall 48hr Picnic and Elven Disco. All welcome - Page 5 Empty Re: The 2010 Woodhall 48hr Picnic and Elven Disco. All welcome

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:23 pm

The full ingredients of Buckie are not entirely known as a large part of it is a secret recipe , the Magic Treacle. For those who missed it here's the label again so you know what to look out for- you have been warned! Drink at your peril.
p.s. is Budweiser some sort of mineral water?
https://s1011.photobucket.com/albums/af236/pettytyrant101/?action=view&current=buckielabel.jpg

Last edited by Old Forum on Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:26 pm; edited 2 times in total

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

The 2010 Woodhall 48hr Picnic and Elven Disco. All welcome - Page 5 Empty Re: The 2010 Woodhall 48hr Picnic and Elven Disco. All welcome

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:25 pm

Tinuviel
Oh please! I'm not *hicup* drunk! Who's ever heard *hicup* of an elf *hicup* getting *hic* DRUNK! AH! this is all BEREN"s fault! If i wers an elf still, er, immortal, I'd *HICUP* (excuse me) I'd be able to drink as much BUCKIE as I want! And do you know how many ELVES get drunk???? I'm a champ back in Valinor! *hicup* I've beaten Golrfindel, Thingol (that was weird!), Feanor, Aule, they can't even get past 100 shots!HA!!! *HIcup* *hicup* ugh, whatever I was drinking, it most certainly wasn't wine. that had to be *hicup* laced with something if I'm like this after two glasses... :? WHO *hicup* DI*hic*D IT?!?!?

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:26 pm

Mirabella Banks
I'll have you know I'm not drunk! And I certainly haven't touched the Buckie! Mad I think it is very unladylike to get drunk! Sorry, Tin, I can't begin to think what Beren will think of your behavior!! As to Uncle Wise - I'm sure he has only had enough Old Wynyard to make him drowsy. Remember, he's had a difficult time lately. Is it any wonder he's weary? And as to these alleged "çollective dirty minds"; well, if Mr Tyrant must climb trees and dance about in his kilt, people will notice certain things... I'll have you know the Bankses have always been, and will always be, respectable! (Not like certain Scothobbits or elves I've met - I'm not mentioning names though...we Bankses are not gossips...)

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:27 pm

Gandalfs Beard
Ah! No wonder Buckie has Elf smashing properties Rolling Eyes . It contains Miruvor, a highly potent Elf-made sedating and analgesic tincture. It's only supposed to be used in very small amounts medicinally. It is reputed to be made with honey of flowers from the Undying Lands.

And yes, many people DO consider Budweiser to be some sort of "mineral water" (undeserving of the name "Beer" Wink ).

GB

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:27 pm

Mirabella Banks
... Ha! Must be here somewhere....! No? ... Illusive chap.... GB!? No - definitely gone....

Oh hello Tin and Mr Tyrant - you guys still here, I see... Tin - you really should hold off with that Buckie!!! Uncle Wise still snoring - poor dear. Hello Primmy - you must be exhausted with all that dancing... Uncle Odo, you really should cut down on the lemon drizzle cake... Eldo not here either? Off studying, no doubt. Nadual is it? Pleased to see you I'm sure. Noom! How many camels can one Haradian eat???!!! My goodness, is that really an Entwife walking this way? Anyway - can't stay... It's something of an emergency....GB needs curing...!

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:28 pm

Gandalfs Beard
Bella...Bella, wherefore art thou? I hear you've been looking for me. Oh well, I'm off to patrol the threads.

GB

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:28 pm

Odo Banks
She was here, GB. Frantic she was. Is everything all right? She said something about an emergency.... GB!? Oh well - obviously in a hurry too...

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:29 pm

pettytyrant101
Yeah GB there's miruvor in there, just. It's so they can claim its a 'tonic' and thus get round Scotsdale punitive tax laws on alcoholic drinks that can blow off the top of your head.
Um there's a strong possibility, and Tin's last post seems to confirm this, that she will soon reach the "You looking at me? You looking at my drink? You want your head reshaped with this bottle?" stage shortly. This could get tricky.

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:29 pm

Odo Banks
I hope things aren't getting out of hand again, Mr Tyrant!! I've just popped over from the tea party at the Libertine Cafe (as I see you have too). Haven't we got enough on our hands with GB's sad situation without all this alcohol abuse to contend with as well?

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:30 pm

Gandalfs Beard
Well that's what the Sleep-it-off Tent and the Old Dames with the Brollies are for Petty. Don't worry about Tinny. They'll look after her, and they have the best hangover remedies.

Never fear Odo, the great thing about Virtual Booze, is that it only affects the Avatar level of Consciousness Wink . Once you log off, you're back to normal.

GB

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:30 pm

Biffo Banks
Virchal boose?!?! Nah! Doentwant nunnazat Roman rubbish! I ownee drink reel boose, mate!

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:31 pm

pettytyrant101
Then have a buckie mate, nothing more real than it not even reality. (And I think you can handle it, not like these elves and liberals).

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Biffo Banks
dunno, mate jus dunno... :?

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Tinuviel
ANOTHER BANKS????? WHAT IS GOING ON!!!!!! Huan? what is it? Oh @#$%! BEREN'S ON HIS WAY!? o dear, wait, what was that? HE"S ALREADY HERE!!!!!!! O bugger...
Well, I'm dead Crying or Very sad Embarassed Evil or Very Mad
Wait, what? You don't say! Well my good hound! looks like I won't be in trouble after all! HURAH FOR BUCKIE!!!!!!! he won't even remember what happened! He's not an elf! He can't sober up in less than 10 minutes like me! haha!

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:32 pm

Grey Pilgrim
This is all funny though I don't quite understand what is going on. It's like a story. I'm a bit lost about the Banks characters. Are they are a group of friends or are they the same person? I think it is the same person but I'm not a hundred percent sure. Grey Pilgrim. :?

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Gandalfs Beard
That depends on whether you consider Multiple Personality Disorder a disease or not. Wink

GB

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Eldorion
I'm fairly certain that the original Odo is spiralling into insanity and as he spins around bits and pieces of him fly off and establish themselves as new accounts. Then they hold mind-boggling conversations with each other. Laughing

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:33 pm

Grey Pilgrim
It all makes sense now. Wink I should be less slow! Sorry all the Bankses! A whole family of hobbits! I guess with close families it is not always easy to know who is who. Laughing

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:33 pm

pettytyrant101
OOh wow! No less a guest at my picnic that The Grey Pilgrim! Blimey! But hold on, we all know the Grey Pilgrim is one of old Gandalf's names which means Gandalfs Beard, our beloved (but sadly mentally ill with liberalism) mod must be perched on his chin!
So does that mean if I speak to the Grey Pilgrim I'm speakiing to GB as well?
I need several more bottles to think this through or forget all about it.

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:35 pm

Grey Pilgrim
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Perhaps I am the real Grey Pilgrim! From what I can tell, Gandalfs Beard is something of a Changeling - and if I am not wrong, a Tolkien Liberal as well. I think I might be one too! :? I hope that does not worry you too much pettytyrant... Laughing

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:36 pm

Gandalfs Beard
Hooo Boy! This COULD get confusing.

But think of us as the OPPOSITE of the Banks problem. Instead of Multiple Personalities in One Body, we are One Persona in Multiple Bodies Very Happy . And I suppose one thing at least is now clear...Gandalf was a Tolkien "Liberal". Wink

GB

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:36 pm

Grey Pilgrim
I'm not sure if I can go as far as to agree with that, Gandalfs Beard! Laughing He did want to rewrite The Hobbit so it conformed better with the Lord of the Rings, which I'm sure you have even said yourself, but that was due to his innate Conservatism I believe, not to any hint of Liberalism. Wink I should not think things will be too confusing between us. Our avatars are clearly different for a start. Laughing Are you sure you are not a warrior? Or a warriors beard? Laughing OMG! Your forum name is hilarious. Sorry for laughing.

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:37 pm

Eldorion

Grey Pilgrim wrote:He did want to rewrite The Hobbit so it conformed better with the Lord of the Rings

But he ultimately decided that it was an ill-conceived idea and abandoned the project. And remember, Tolkien didn't abandon ideas just because other people didn't like them.

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:37 pm

Odo Banks
Hello. Just popped back in. You'll probably find this nigh impossible to believe, fellow forumers, but I got the times for my meeting with... err.. with Wisey and his roof quite wrong. It was for 11.00am (Aussie time) not 10.00a.m. Hard to believe I could get anything wrong. Surprised I hope you're not all too shocked! First time for everything, what! Very Happy Lucky I've popped back in though. Caught you out, Mr Pilgrim! Right in the act of stroking GB's beard! Well, stop it I say, and stop it now! It won't do at all. He's bad enough without anyone else encouraging him! Mad Despicable behavior! You'll only make things harder. Who knows, we might now have to use the "Australian Curing Method" (known in the vernacuilar as the "Biffo Method") on poor misguided Beardy, and I'm sure no one (except Biffo) really wants that! Oh God! Been here less than two minutes, Mr Pilgrim, and you're already showing the leopard spots of a typical smarmy Tolkien Liberal! Won't put up with it I tell you. Nope! Shan't! Mad Mad Mad

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:38 pm

Gandalfs Beard
No worries Pilgrim. That's why I chose the Username. Wink

And by the way Eldo, this Thread is for R&R Razz . Let's not clutter it with debates :mrgreen: .

Ah, good Ol' Odo...cheers mate. How's Biffo? Very Happy I hope his uncouth manners aren't detracting to much from the Banks' s Reputation for Respectability.

Still and all, the fact that he's seldom seen excepting your Clan's need for someone to perform unsavoury tasks speaks volumes. I'm surprised Bella allows her familial connections to look the other way at some of Biffo's less than legal activities (particularly after that business between you and Wisey Surprised ).

Anyway, I'm off to patrol the forums, try not to get too inebriated again. Wink

GB

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next