David H
Bluebottle
Ringdrotten
Lancebloke
Orwell
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year  - Page 2 Empty Re: Just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:30 pm

{{That's where the coal comes in. Its an offering, put on the first fire of the new year in the house you are first footing}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year  - Page 2 Empty Re: Just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Post by azriel Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:56 pm

I wish Happy New Year to everyone ! Cheerleader I hope its a sparkling start & that it becomes the best year you've had ! one that you'll remember for ages cheers
Good to "see" you Bungo ! bounce

Just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year  - Page 2 Event_285060302_zpsjihtj0gi

Just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year  - Page 2 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year  - Page 2 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:04 pm

[quote="Ringdrotten"]

Not really, but I keep saying it anyway Wink Nice to see you back, bungo! The ka-tet was missing a key guy here, and thus there was no tet. [/quote]

https://i.imgur.com/9BkT1cB.jpg

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:21 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:

{{{ the first person over your threshold in the new year should ideally be tall and dark and carrying some coal.  }}}

instead of short and ginger and carrying some vomit in a paper cup.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:14 am

That's my normal entrance! Mad

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:21 am

mine too. Shocked
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:45 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{{ the first person over your threshold in the new year should ideally be tall and dark and carrying some coal. That's your 'First Footer'. Nod  }}}

Wait, so I'm hoping for someone like Nick Fury?
Just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year  - Page 2 Nick-fury

Just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year  - Page 2 1280px-Male_kodiak_bear_face  Just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year  - Page 2 UJpDi Just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year  - Page 2 Mumbea10
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:50 am

But it's not New Years for like 2 whole days! Mad

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:02 am

bungobaggins wrote:
Ringdrotten wrote:

Not really, but I keep saying it anyway Wink Nice to see you back, bungo! The ka-tet was missing a key guy here, and thus there was no tet.

https://i.imgur.com/9BkT1cB.jpg

Everything back to normal Nod Was all 19 over here with you gone

Just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year  - Page 2 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:42 am

instead of short and ginger and carrying some vomit in a paper cup. - Figg

{{{ Evil or Very Mad Actually did you know that xmas was effectively banned in Scotland for 400 years?- up to the 1950's the reformed protestant church thought it was 'papist' and a catholic invention, so traditionally for a long time Scots worked through xmas and got New Year off. Even today unlike England who only have the 1st of January as a national holiday in Scotland we get an extra day to recover, which we use to drink more Twisted Evil
Its thought that the Scots Hogmanay is a mixture of much older pagan Scots beliefs and pagan ideas about Yule brought in by the Vikings- in the northern isles the entire period is still referred to simply as Yule. There is no xmas.}}}}

Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
and never brought to mind?
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
and auld lang syne?

CHORUS:
For auld lang syne, my jo,
for auld lang syne,
we’lltak' a cup o’ kindness yet,
for auld lang syne.

And surely ye’ll be your pint-stoup!
and surely I’ll be mine!
And we’ll tak' a cup o’ kindness yet,
for auld lang syne.

CHORUS

We twa hae run about the braes,
and pou’d the gowans fine;
But we’ve wander’d mony a weary fit,
sin' auld lang syne.

CHORUS

We twa hae paidl’d in the burn,
frae morning sun till dine;
But seas between us braid hae roar’d
sin' auld lang syne.

CHORUS

And there’s a hand, my trusty fiere!
and gie's a hand o’ thine!
And we’ll tak' a right gude-willie waught,
for auld lang syne.- Rabbie Burns

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:39 pm

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:52 pm

HAPPY NEW YEAR, ALL YOU FINE, CRAZY, CLEVER FOLKS YOU!

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:14 pm

Happy New year everyone Smile

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:53 pm

Happy New Year, all! For the first time in ... probably at least 10 years we're not just getting together at an aunt's house but actually going into the city to see the fireworks there. Haven't been since I was little so I dunno how much the festivities have changed, but it should be fun. Smile Used to be (and probably still is) that they set the fireworks off from a barge in the middle of the Inner Harbor, which is right in the heart of the downtown area.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:37 pm

There's fireworks going off right now where I am Smile It will get more Fizz bangy as the night goes on. IL wait for the chimes of Big Ben, & then fook off to bed. I still get butterflies in my tummy about the coming of a New Year Smile

Just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year  - Page 2 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year  - Page 2 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:46 pm

just happy to get shut of 2016. Mad finally!

2017 hello you little fire cock you.!! Razz alien
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:13 pm

Its the year of the Rooster isn't it Smile
Just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year  - Page 2 Rooste10

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:14 pm

Yee hee ! I did it your way Halfy !!!, & it worked !! Shove that up your kazoo photobucket !!!!!

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:17 pm

cheers
The year is dead! Long live the new year!

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:20 pm

We're having our immediate-family Christmas tonight.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:54 pm

It's only 8.55 pm here atm, still worried 2016 will go out with a shock ending of some sort...

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:03 pm

Stop worrying and have some buckie. drunken

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:12 pm

bungobaggins wrote:Stop worrying and have some buckie. drunken

I'm on my 2nd beer if that counts drunken

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:42 pm

On my third here. I think...

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:45 pm

{{I need a new keg Mad Lucky the Queens away, she wont mind if I top up from one of her buckie barrels, especially if she doesn't know about it- wont bother her at all then Nod drunken }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next