bungobaggins
17 posters

Page 1 of 16 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next

Go down

Merry Christmas - 2017 Empty Merry Christmas - 2017

Post by bungobaggins Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:14 pm

From the Office of the Mayor

Merry Christmas

To you and yours, from all of us at the Mayor's office: May the Yuletide season bring good cheer and many blessings for a happy New Year.

"And so, as Tiny Tim observed, God bless Us, Every One!"

"Remember, no man is a failure who has friends."

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Merry Christmas - 2017 Empty Re: Merry Christmas - 2017

Post by azriel Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:32 pm

Merry Christmas - 2017 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Merry Christmas - 2017 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:29 am

I'm not feeling any merriness at the moment, but that should pass. So merry Christmas from my future-self.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:38 pm

Merry Christmas, everyone! Myself I'm celebrating my fourth Christmas out of five at work since I graduated from Troll hunting school, so I'm in a Grinchy sort of mood this year (too). Whose Christmas to ruin?... Suspect Nah, really - merry Christmas and a happy new year to everyone, hope you all have a good one Smile

Merry Christmas - 2017 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:54 pm

Something just occured to me - I know I haven't been around that much lately, but I check in from time to time like I've always done. And I don't think it was coincidence I checked in tonight. Christmas is never the same when 'celebrated' far away from family, but I've gotten sort of used to it by now. I know I shouldn't really complain about it, people have it far worse everywhere you go, but it still isn't the same, and it's a sad thought that you get used to it after so short a time. What struck me was how nice it is to be able to check in here - I could be wherever in the world and you guys would still be here, silly as ever. Much love to you all from a somewhat absent friend, I'll try to hang around more. And I'll get back to you all by the end of January with pictures from New Zealand Smile Happy holidays!

Merry Christmas - 2017 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:28 pm

Merry Christmas - 2017 Hobbit11

We all think those thoughts Ringo don't we Smile That, no matter where we are, there's a little place we can call our own. Its a nice feeling. We are a lucky bunch Very Happy

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:42 am

Merry Christmas, all. I get weird about holidays in the same way that I get weird about my birthday, but I can at least admire a bit of Christmas cheer. santa I've sat out a number of IRL seasonal festivities already but my stepmom goes on a cookie-baking spree every December and she's finally gotten to kinds that I like, which has been nice. Nod Not tryna be a grinch or anything and I hope everyone else here has a good time!

Ringdrotten wrote:What struck me was how nice it is to be able to check in here - I could be wherever in the world and you guys would still be here, silly as ever. Much love to you all from a somewhat absent friend, I'll try to hang around more.

It's always a pleasure to see you post and I'm glad that you continue to come back to us over so many years despite everything else you have going on. Smile I'll look forward to the NZ photos!
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Eru Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:35 am

{{{Ringdrotten!  I'm in disguise right now, but I used to be active around 2011, and it's good to see you're still around.   Very Happy  Have a happy holiday season!}}}

I, as a gracious Divine Being, in my supreme generosity wish the denizens of Forumshire a Merry Erumas, or whatever holidays they wish to celebrate at this time of year.  May this season be filled with your favorite food, drinks, and people!  So decrees Eru Ilúvatar.  santa

God

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:01 pm

Happy holidays/weekend/ordinary days!
We're on our way to family dinner and opening of presents.

Let's be sappy together:

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:40 pm

Merry Christmas everyone! I'll be traveling till New Years so I may be a bit scarce but I'll pop in once in a while in case there are any pressing veggie or grey horse questions. Very Happy santa

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:47 pm

quite Christmassy in a weird way.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:33 pm

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays everyone!

santa pub :carrot: Cheerleader :carrot: Cheerleader :carrot: Cheerleader drunken

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:51 am

{{{ Merry Xmas Forumshire cheers

I am having a very Italian xmas- which consists it seems of eating a massive meal on xmas eve, with it seemed a different bottle of wine for every course (I approve of this! Nod drunken ) So rather than the traditional British xmas of dry turkey, over done roast potatoes and sprouts no one likes- I got this (and I only photographed about a third of it if that!) -

Merry Christmas - 2017 IMG_4209

Lasagne- one of two trays of the stuff- and the yellow stuff behind is some other traditional Italian stuff whose name I have no idea of and which may contain vegetables of some sort Evil or Very Mad

Merry Christmas - 2017 IMG_4212

Death by chocolate- I swear she is trying to kill me with kindness! }}}

Merry Christmas - 2017 IMG_4215

Merry Christmas - 2017 IMG_4219

{{Now I can barely move, or breath! Shocked }}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:10 am

Good on yer Smile Its nice to be looked after Smile Happy Yuletide all !

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:44 am

I'm feeling the spirit of things now. Smile

Good luck out there everyone; you're doing a good job, just keep at it!

Edit: darn playback-on-youtube restrictions! Sorry.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:25 am

I think that yellow stuff is Polenta.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:05 pm

If I keep on drinking I think I may create some yellow stuff of my own Suspect pale drunken santa

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:12 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{{ Merry Xmas Forumshire cheers

I am having a very Italian xmas- which consists it seems of eating a massive meal on xmas eve, with it seemed a different bottle of wine for every course (I approve of this! Nod drunken ) So rather than the traditional British xmas of dry turkey, over done roast potatoes and sprouts no one likes- I got this (and I only photographed about a third of it if that!) -

That looks really nice Smile

The turkey wasn't too bad this year, but the roast potatoes turned out rather well (especially considering I did them Shocked) garlic/rosemary/salt/basil/black+white pepper plus too much butter and olive oil mmm, best part of the meal Nod dread to think what its done to my arteries...

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:42 pm

Roast potatoes are lovely things....and yes the idea is to drench them in fat during the cooking process. but don't worry - fat isn't the enemy. The salt and carbs probably did worse damage.

As for me, about a year ago I got a special spice blend from a chef - actually a brining blend of whole spices, and a dry rub of ground spices. Finally got this chance to use it. I don't know what exactly was in the dry rub, but that stuff was addictive! It was the first time I've made gravy and not had to add anything for seasoning except flour browned in butter. Spicy gravy. Then it was impossible to stay away from it.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:29 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:

Merry Christmas - 2017 IMG_4215

Merry Christmas - 2017 IMG_4219

Might I inquire as to what this is?

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:20 pm

He named it Death by Chocolate, though it doesn't look as suffused with chocolate as that dessert normally is by my reckoning. Which is fine because I think chocolate is best set off against cream and vanilla.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:42 am

{{It was home made, extremely indulgent, extremely tasty tiramisu Nod }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:19 am

That dessert is more indulgent than Sir Jackson's use of CGI!

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:03 am

THESE Dwarves are far more believable to me than those fecking Hobbshit ones. If they achieved it in the film, "Snow White & The Huntsman" ( even tho it was a bit dire Smile ) why couldn't Peejers make me believe ?  In Snow White there was Toby Jones, Ian Mc Shane et al but, they did not look out of place as Dwarves. My eyes took in the Hobbits Dwarves but my brain kept pushing it out, wouldn't accept what I was seeing. It felt at odds like, doing a jigsaw puzzle with the correct sized pieces but trying to make larger pieces fit also.

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:03 am

Well, but they're more like real-world dwarves, and not the sturdy, powerful folk that we know from Tolkien's work.

Not that the dwarves in the Hobbit were very Tolkienish most of the time...

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 16 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next