azriel
bungobaggins
17 posters

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

Merry Christmas - 2017 - Page 8 Empty Re: Merry Christmas - 2017

Post by Norc Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:41 pm

Ringdrotten wrote:
halfwise wrote:It depends on how you bailed out.  If you didn't tell her why or discuss it then it's classic male stupid behavior.  If you took time to think about it, then talked it over with her, then even if you broke her heart you did the right thing.  One test is whether she put herself in a convent afterwards.  Bad sign of a screwup, that.

At Changi airport at the moment, so again I don't have time to catch up - just wanted to reply to this. I did take my time (maybe too long, even), and told her exactly why and how I felt about it. We are still very good friends, so I guess I did something right after all. Now off to get a free beer in the lounge and prepare for another ten hour flight! Smile

being friends afterwards is actually such a good sign! Very Happy well done !
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:04 pm

So...um, I became quite friendly with a (rather attractive) woman (about a year younger than me) I recently met on my course (not her Eldo btw-I didn't actually get a chance to talk to her yet and my feelings had faded anyway, I get signed off that course on Friday (and I'm starting another one on Monday) so might not see her again, probably for the best considering the stuff I had mentioned, but I'll be sad if we can't keep in contact as friends) who is going through similar issues as me, we get on really well and I did get the feeling she was giving me a few vague signals, on the spur of the moment I asked her if she wanted to hang out as friends soon and she said yes, we've swapped phone numbers and will be hanging out for the day as friends soon. :carrot: Cheerleader Sofa :brows:

I don't know her that well yet, but I definitely feel there's some sort of spark between us, I made it clear (I think!? Sofa Suspect pale confused ) this wasn't a formal date, just a bit of fun to hang out as friends going through similar issues,  even if it's just the sparks of a new friendship forming she seems a really cool, kind person, and it will be great to get to know a woman my own age a bit better, I'm not going to read too much into things study as we don't know each other that well (though she is just as inexperienced as me when it comes to this stuff...so I'm not entirely sure what she is reading into this... Sofa ), and if things do end up eventually going down the dating route I'm going to take each day slowly and as it comes.Nod Either way she seems really cool and I hope we can become closer friends, I'm a bit of anti-social leper to be honest...

So yeah...either I have now made a new friend, or may have accidentally possibly set myself up with a date or perhaps the first leading eventually into the other. Shocked Embarassed Very Happy Suspect Question :carrot:

Don't ask me how this happened! scratch Shocked

Hard to believe how far my confidence has come in these last few months...the last time I asked a girl to hang out as 'friends' was probably around 11 years ago...

If this doesn't work out very well, at least I can say I've tried right?  

Pretty excited, mildly befuddled and slightly terrified Shocked bounce Sofa

Wow, I can't believe I actually did this...

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:37 pm

Awh ! I love you :hug:
Great way to start a New Year ! Get your feet on the escalator of good & positive vibes & keep it rolling !

Merry Christmas - 2017 - Page 8 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Merry Christmas - 2017 - Page 8 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:43 pm

Yeah Very Happy Shocked cheers

As I said, we are just going to hang out as friends (we've only met each other three or four times previously and I'm so insecure/inexperienced with this stuff I'm not entirely sure how to read her response...frankly I shocked myself when I asked her) and I definitely don't want to make any wrong/rushed moves or misinterpret things, but it certainly shows how far my confidence has grown and I can be thankful for that at the very least, regardless she seems really cool and has a great sense of humour, I'm certainly keen to expand my social cricle at the least.

I'll have to wait and see how this develops...

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:47 pm

Perhaps my beard is sexier than I thought Laughing

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:26 pm

malickfan wrote:Yeah Very Happy Shocked cheers

As I said, we are just going to hang out as friends (we've only met each other three or four times previously and I'm so insecure/inexperienced with this stuff I'm not entirely sure how to read her response...frankly I shocked myself when I asked her) and I definitely don't want to make any wrong/rushed moves or misinterpret things, but it certainly shows how far my confidence has grown and I can be thankful for that at the very least, regardless she seems really cool and has a great sense of humour, I'm certainly keen to expand my social cricle at the least.

Good luck, Malick! First time I asked a girl out I got brutally rejected, so I know how terrifying asking a girl out is Laughing Don't overthink things beforehand or after, that never leads to anything good in my experience. Just order that coffee and take it from there, I'm thinking you'll have a great day Very Happy

Merry Christmas - 2017 - Page 8 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:40 pm

Ringdrotten wrote:
malickfan wrote:Yeah Very Happy Shocked cheers

Good luck, Malick! First time I asked a girl out I got brutally rejected, so I know how terrifying asking a girl out is Laughing Don't overthink things beforehand or after, that never leads to anything good in my experience. Just order that coffee and take it from there, I'm thinking you'll have a great day Very Happy

Yeah, I think we are doing the cliched movie and a coffee thing, at this point it's just a casual hanging out as friends thing, but hey it's a start right? Four months ago I would have never got that far....

I think I've only ever actually asked out one person in a unambiguous romantic sense (and it didn't go well), though I've been on the other side of rejection and I know how badly it can hurt someone, I may be inexperienced but I'd like to think I'm now more considerate and thoughtful, there's no harm in taking things slow, and I won't be dissapointed if we just stay as friends.

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:33 pm

great news Malick, its very wise of you to take your time to develop a friendship first, after all she may need to trust you as a friend if she is going through a difficult and vulnerable time.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:35 pm

Happy to hear this, Malick, and I hope it goes well for you guys! Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:52 pm

Eldorion wrote:Happy to hear this, Malick, and I hope it goes well for you guys! Smile

I hope so too Smile still kinda in a state of shock that I actually did this, I certainly find her attractive (both in personality and appearance) but I'm not planning on making any stupid fast moves, we don't know each other that well, but I felt an instant spark with her and have missed the close personal connection I had from previous friendships with other women, if anything else develops from this then great Smile If not, hey at least I've now got a bit more confidence/experience Nod

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:00 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:great news Malick, its very wise of you to take your time to develop a friendship first, after all she may need to trust you as a friend if she is going through a difficult and vulnerable time.

Nod

We both have our own issues to deal with, but we are adults and may be able to support each other with them, best to take things slow establish a friendship and figure out what kind of chemistry we actually have before I think about taking things any further-and if I do it will only be if it's a mutual decision by both of us.

...Of course that's assuming this sort of but not really a date actually goes well...

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:49 am

Nicely done!
Whatever you do though, DO NOT HUG! Handshakes always! If she goes in for a hug, leap quickly backwards (ill-advised if near a cliff, but still necessary!) and proffer your hand instead.
Girls like a guy with manners, trust me I know these things. Also refer to her by her last name only until your 7th date.

Hum... what else... Oh! Compliment her on her clean nasal passages. Offer something pithy and light-hearted like, "I see you take good care of your nose hairs, nice trim job!" The nice thing about this sort of compliment is that they never see it coming.

Alright, that about does it. Girlfriend: secured. Nod

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:59 am

Good luck. Since every situation is different the only solid advice I could give you is listen to some Billy Joel.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:03 am

She's always a woman should be on that list, bungo - or maybe that one's for later? Smile

Merry Christmas - 2017 - Page 8 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:20 am

Later, I'd say. These songs are more "do's and don't's", good general advice.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:27 am

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:27 pm

Good to hear, Malick. Remember the most important thing is simply to relax and have fun together, everything else is secondary whatever things might lead to Smile

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:21 pm

Stay cool and listen to Billy Joel.  Can't argue with that advice, Bungo. Nod

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:50 pm

lick her face once u meet her. works wonders.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:39 pm

Shocked No, don't do that, it reallly doesn't...

Not that I know, ofc Surprised

Hell, maybe it works. Shocked

It seemed to work for Rick James Shrugging

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:48 pm

bungobaggins wrote:
Ringdrotten wrote:She's always a woman should be on that list, bungo - or maybe that one's for later? Smile

reminds me of FJM, just with less... veneer, shall we say.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:33 pm

Norc wrote:lick her face once u meet her. works wonders.

I think this works for young teenagers and kittens.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:49 pm

Take the day's newspaper & find things in it to talk about Very Happy

Merry Christmas - 2017 - Page 8 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Merry Christmas - 2017 - Page 8 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:48 pm

Do not discuss politics. Even if you know you agree on everything. Do not discuss politics.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:57 pm

bungobaggins wrote:Do not discuss politics. Even if you know you agree on everything. Do not discuss politics.

That never works out well online, I wouldn't even think of doing it on a possible date.

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next