halfwise
bungobaggins
Eldorion
Pettytyrant101
Norc
19 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Just...................whatever [6] - Page 39 Empty Re: Just...................whatever [6]

Post by Ringdrotten Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:48 pm

I joined somewhere in mid 2010, which means I've been coming to this forum on an almost daily basis for 25% of my lifetime.
Shocked

Just...................whatever [6] - Page 39 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Just...................whatever [6] - Page 39 Empty Re: Just...................whatever [6]

Post by Eldorion Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:44 pm

I'm about two months away from eight years of continuous activity on Tolkien forums, though not all on the same ones. Next year will see the seventh anniversary of my joining the Old Forum, though I didn't become consistently active until about five months later (still in '09).

halfwise wrote:You came over from Bree at least 5 years ago, though that doesn't seem right by my chronology.

Lessee, I joined the old forum 8 years ago, then I was out for nearly a year and found this one ... wait, only a bit less than 5 years ago?  Was I on the old one two years or did I join it a year later than I thought? scratch

You joined in 2010. Smile It's kind of weird to think back on it, but the old forum only lasted about two years, two months and got to ~17,500 posts before DPD. Here's what the first page of the old memberlist looked like; you'll probably have to open the image in a new tab to the see the whole thing, though (join dates are on the far right).

Just...................whatever [6] - Page 39 Jmxs2
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:37 pm

damn five years ago... i was a totally different person back then.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:38 pm

Zackira is that Amarië?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:59 pm

{{Well going on that I'll have been annoying you all with my crabbit for 7 years come January! Shocked 7 years! I'm 7 years older!!!! Bollocks this keeps happening! Mad Its so unfair- I'm Scottish at this rate my times almost up!! }}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:45 pm

Norc wrote:Zackira is that Amarië?

Nah, I've been Amarië since I joined.

..unless I discover how to travel in time, then perhaps it is me.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:58 am

Zackira rarely posted after 2009 but she was AFAIK our first Norwegian, edging out Ringdrotten for that title. Razz She never made it to the new forum though ... same as all the other mods from the old forum except for GB, actually. Only a handful of people from the original forum generation stuck around through the slow days before the explosion of activity brought by Odo and myself becoming active. Beren (no relation to Queen Tin) had briefly come back not too long before DPD though, and Durin (or "Deputy Durin" as he was known; GB being the Chief of course) was still sporadically active, so I was disappointed that we never found them again.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:08 am

https://www.facebook.com/iinature/videos/747766332027864/

Just...................whatever [6] - Page 39 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Just...................whatever [6] - Page 39 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:25 pm

{{ I didn't want to start a birthday thread and make a hulabaloo but nor did I want this particular birthday to pass unmarked here- so Happy Birthday Ally- still miss you about the forum! pub }}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:48 pm

pub
I was thinking about Ally recently when Bob Dylan won the Nobel Prize .
{{Come to think of it we haven't heard much from him either. }}

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:15 pm

Well, lets hope life is being kind to her, wherever she is flower

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:07 pm

Ive been reading about the men who formed the SAS, really interesting !

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Stirling

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paddy_Mayne

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/obituary-reg-seekings-1091190.html

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/enemy-lines/story-14006412-detail/story.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jock_Lewes

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:04 am

https://www.facebook.com/famcitytv/videos/1382828321745295/

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:31 pm

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/the-loch-ness-monsters-cousin-might-have-been-behind-this-wrecked-ww1-u-boat/ar-AAj84PA?li=AAdeCd7&ocid=spartandhp#image=1

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:48 pm

This woman is amazing !

https://www.facebook.com/854040654680709/videos/1123750967709675/

They say these things can be done, but, with all the will power in the world I don't think I can aspire to this ! My hat goes off to her Smile I love you

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:50 pm

What is it with these "Bendy Wendy's" ?

https://www.facebook.com/WOD.DanceFanPage/videos/972085762845519/

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:19 pm

Switched to an iphone a couple months ago. No problems so far, and I'm liking it about equal to or more than android.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:14 pm

Its limitations will annoy you at times: like the lack of a true file system. But it's designed to be a phone, not a computer. I haven't used Android yet, but sometimes you want to poke around like on a computer desktop, and iOS won't give you that. If you have a Mac the connectivity outweighs the drawbacks: I like being able to text message from a real keyboard.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:14 pm

Well, I'm so dumb when it comes to computer stuff that I hadn't even noticed that yet. I was able to successfully load some custom ringtones, which felt like a minor victory. I never felt comfortable trying that with an android because loading files from my MBP was always a real pain in the ass.

I haven't used Siri at all, and I never really used the android equivalent, so I can't comment on that. I'm just not that into voice commands. It always feels awkward talking to phone with no one on the other end. Even when no one is around, it just feels weird.

Some specific things that I have liked so far: Podcasts seem to be a lot easier to manage than on android. The HD voice when talking to other iphone users is eerily clear. My MBP is miraculously limping along, so it's nice that I can sync with itunes wirelessly.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:46 am

Forumshire has scheduled maintenance while I have an interesting 3.8 earthquake.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:56 am

Am i the only one that doesn,t own a phone ?

Just...................whatever [6] - Page 39 6a00d8341ca4d953ef01310f82795d970c-pi

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:58 am

Mrs Figg wrote:Forumshire has scheduled maintenance while I have an interesting 3.8 earthquake.

Did the earth move for you.

Just...................whatever [6] - Page 39 Costanza-wink

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:48 am

I resisted cell phones for years, mainly because at the time they came out I was subjected to undergraduates having constant conversations along the lines of "yeah, um...I'm walking to class now. What are you doing? yeah, me neither."

Once I finally got one, there was no going back.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:22 pm

I find it hard to believe I'm been posting here for more than three years now (for reference I joined TORn around November 2011, and my post count there is barely a third of mine here)...

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:55 pm

i feel old.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum