Eldorion
Pettytyrant101
Norc
19 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Just...................whatever [6] Empty Just...................whatever [6]

Post by Bluebottle Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:25 pm

How annoyingly straight to the heart of the matter, Ringo. I hadn't thought about it like that. You know, I think that's very true.. Why do we worry about stuff like that so much? Why do we worry about stuff so much? Perhaps sometimes one should just say fuck it, and stop caring. That would be so much easier..

Now, all that's left is to put it into practise..

What's the point of anxiety anyway..

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Just...................whatever [6] Empty Re: Just...................whatever [6]

Post by Bluebottle Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:25 pm

Ah.. nudes.. I'm not sure if I feel sorry or not not to have that problem.. probably a bit of both. Razz

You do have some really interesting perspectives on this stuff though, Norc. And it's not something people tend to talk about a lot, which isn't to say they shouldn't. Don't feel you have to stop if you don't want to.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Just...................whatever [6] Empty Re: Just...................whatever [6]

Post by Norc Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:33 pm

The thought of taking photos of myself, for myself just seems kind of egotistical and vain to me Just...................whatever [6] 3392635135 

totally agree. it's vain and egocentric BUT! if you keep it just for yourself and don't rely on sharing it to others and need others to hit the like button and acknowledge you to love yourself, then it's ok in my opinion. there is nothing wrong with thinking you are a fantastic person. of course not just in looks, but sadly society around us is filled with "BE PRETTY" and "THIS HOW YOU SHOuLD LOOK" etc, and i think everyone has the benefit of finding out what is uniquely beautiful about themselves and loving themselves. 

Also so easy to hack phones these days and end up with your 'private' pictures cropping up on some website somewhere.
yes and no. maybe since it's on the icloud too idk.. but most of it is locally saved on the device. also, who even does that anymore? hacking phones is perhaps easy, but it takes a lot of work and people generally are lazy, there are easier ways to find something to jack off to. if people share photos of you to be mean it is mostly people you've either a) sent these photos to or b) they know you personally and have physically been on your phone. 
and well... both of the above can be avoided and the last one isn't your fault at all! (just saying).

Also I am generally concerned by the younger female preoccupation with their appearance- I've worked in care for 20 years but this time its different with the younger female members- its continuous diets, comments about their looks, hair, weight, discussions about products that will help you slim, or at least look slimmer. And there is real stress there over it all under the surface that's plain enough to see.

i totally agree it is disturbing. body focus now is horrendous! but the problem is that it is outside media, magazines, celebs, instagram-accounts and filters and photoshop and what not that tells young women what is beauty, not themselves..¨

Women need to love themselves and find out what's special about themselves. love the "flaws" and like... accept that this is me and that's that. ofcourse there is nothing wrong in wanting to fix things, exercise and so on, but don't let others dictate what you should or shouldn't look like. but, the beauty-pressure isn't something new, it's ancient! but one needs to be aware of these things, especially at younger girls where their bodies are changing and they are bombarded with different concept of "look like this" when they already are insecure and getting to know their new body.

Women really should have worked out by now that men are not fussy about womens body shapes at all, we are generally just grateful to get permission to be allowed near one Just...................whatever [6] 1918643206

probably true BUT! we don't do it for the men Wink and also.. some young men are what we cann douches and fuck-boys and they can damage young girls by dictating that "omg you should totally shave thoguh"..
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:40 pm

Bluebottle wrote:Don't feel you have to stop if you don't want to.
did i ever suggest such a thing? no. stop assuming. i talk about whatever the fuck i want and i stop whenever the fuck i want.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:49 pm

Norc wrote:
did i ever suggest such a thing? no. stop assuming. i talk about whatever the fuck i want and i stop whenever the fuck i want.

Ah, sorry, I just read it as..

Norc wrote:imma stop now..

But, yeah, obviously talk about whatever the fuck you want and stop whenever the fuck you want. That was my whole point. I enjoy hearing you talk about stuff. You normally have really interesting opinions and things to say.

Normally I would say feel free to vent you anger at me too. But I'm kind of in a weird mood, so not today please? Smile It shouldn't, but it does really hurt my feelings. Even when it's deserved.

Anyway, I should probably get going..

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:51 pm

maybe since it's on the icloud too idk..- Norc

Um wasnt that whole celebrity leak photos thing becuase they were all on the icloud? Not sure its the height of security.

'also, who even does that anymore? '

Never discount other peoples mental states- people can talk themselves into anything they tell themselves, if they tell themselves for long enough- some folk stalk people, some folk put hidden cameras in showers, some folk will hack a phone. Never give trust until its earned is my advice. Don't assume it.
The world is full of strange people and not all of them in a good way.

'love the "flaws" and like... accept that this is me and that's that.'

Yes, and yet you said before that one reason for taking such selfies is that you will never look better again, one day you wont have that body any more and you can look back and see how hot you once were.

But it doesn't really work that way- I'm 44 now and Ive never been happier being me. Am I the fittest Ive ever been? Hell no. Am I the most muscular I've ever been?- definitely not. Do I have as much hair as I once did? Nope. Is it as deep and dark a red as it once was- fraid not.
Yet happier than ever- this is who I am now, that's all that matters to be happy with, no lamenting the past, no worrying about a future, its really not about the external in the end, if it were people deemed ugly by society would never find someone to fall in love with, but they do, all the time. Its about being content with what you have, what you are, and how you happen to look. You don't fight that for happiness, you accept it.

'we don't do it for the men'

I know- thats the worst thing about it- its done as much to be seen by other women, to meet their judgement and approval not mens, or to out compete each other.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:56 pm

Bluebottle wrote:
Norc wrote:

Ah, sorry, I just read it as..

Norc wrote:imma stop now..

But, yeah, obviously talk about whatever the fuck you want and stop whenever the fuck you want. That was my whole point. I enjoy hearing you talk about stuff. You normally have really interesting opinions and things to say.

Normally I would say feel free to vent you anger at me too. But I'm kind of in a weird mood, so not today please?  Smile It shouldn't, but it does really hurt my feelings. Even when it's deserved.

Anyway, I should probably get going..
oh sorry. my bad. (i forgot i wrote the "imma stop".. don't read too much into these small comments of mine Razz ) but yeah, my bad. sorry. Smile i just got confused by that statement and thought it was an insult. i wasn't angry, just.. idk.. sharp. hope i didn't ruin your day or mood Smile
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:07 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:maybe since it's on the icloud too idk..- Norc

Um wasnt that whole celebrity leak photos thing becuase they were all on the icloud? Not sure its the height of security.
 - I remove the most sensitive from the icloud though Smile but i dunno, i guess i just have a naive faith in people. - 

'also, who even does that anymore? '

Never discount other peoples mental states- people can talk themselves into anything they tell themselves, if they tell themselves for long enough- some folk stalk people, some folk put hidden cameras in showers, some folk will hack a phone. Never give trust until its earned is my advice. Don't assume it.
The world is full of strange people and not all of them in a good way.
-  i guess there will always be weirdos (and i guess since i am on the interwebz i do put myself at risk) but i generally like to believe that most people wouldn't do stuff like that, and if they did, you probably know the person. 

'love the "flaws" and like... accept that this is me and that's that.'

Yes, and yet you said before that one reason for taking such selfies is that you will never look better again, one day you wont have that body any more and you can look back and see how hot you once were. 
- it was a bit tongue in cheek, but i guess i meant it more like a documentation of "I can look really good just so you know, so i am allowed to look like a train-wreck today and i can go three-four days without washing my hair because i know that i am beautiful normally." also.. take pictures of when you look like shit... because.. your face is dynamic.. it will change from day to day and that is normal. -

But it doesn't really work that way- I'm 44 now and Ive never been happier being me. Am I the fittest Ive ever been? Hell no. Am I the most muscular I've ever been?- definitely not. Do I have as much hair as I once did? Nope. Is it as deep and dark a red as it once was- fraid not.
Yet happier than ever- this is who I am now, that's all that matters to be happy with, no lamenting the past, no worrying about a future, its really not about the external in the end, if it were people deemed ugly by society would never find someone to fall in love with, but they do, all the time. Its about being content with what you have, what you are, and how you happen to look. You don't fight that for happiness, you accept it.
- and great for you!!!!! cheers you fucking cracked the code, man! this is how every girl/boy/man/woman/alien should feel like. no matter what you look like it's all about loving yourself and both inner and outer beauty. You say you're happy about being you, but not fittest and etc. you've evenr been, but you don't say that you are disgusted by yourself right? your contentment with who you are comes from something deep down that is self-love. i see you admit to not being the standard beauty, but i can't be far away from the truth if i say that you are happy with what you look like and can feel sexy and pretty and handsome right? not saying that my method of taking photos will help everyone, it sure helps me though. because you see yourself suddenly in a new light, especially if you draw a self portrait Wink -

'we don't do it for the men'

I know- thats the worst thing about it- its done as much to be seen by other women, to meet their judgement and approval not mens, or to out compete each other.

- yupp.. and that's unfortunate ... but damn i still want my ex to be like "fuck look what i am missing out on" if i see him again! Razz - 
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:18 pm

' i can't be far away from the truth if i say that you are happy with what you look like and can feel sexy and pretty and handsome right? not saying that my method of taking photos will help everyone, it sure helps me though.'

I don't even really think of it in those terms any more beyond 'am i smart, neat enough to go to work' sort of a level. I am me and I'm happy being me and I dont need to worry about what anyone else is thinking,its doesn't interest me any more. I couldn't give a hoot.
That's very nice after the pressures of youth and its conformities, whether that's social, fashion, sexual or whatever.
But I suspect you only get their by the long road.

And I am not saying your way is wrong either, just it seems to have a lot of potential pitfalls to me, and it has the potential to turn from comfort blanket to dependency or a self image fixation.
But there are legions of men (and women and others of course) very grateful for both the internet and womanhoods new found love of taking explicit pictures of themselves! (Is that modern feminism? scratch )

I am also very grateful such options and the internet were not available to me as a teenage boy. And I am sure if she were to look back it on, my girlfriend of that time would be even more grateful.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:31 pm

Unfortunately Android (or at least Samsung's Galaxy line) has the same problem with photos that Norc talked about, though apparently you can get third party apps that fix it. The Facebook photo roll thing bugs me for the same reason too.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:33 pm

No Facebook, no selfies, no problem.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:51 pm

Eldorion wrote:Unfortunately Android (or at least Samsung's Galaxy line) has the same problem with photos that Norc talked about, though apparently you can get third party apps that fix it.  The Facebook photo roll thing bugs me for the same reason too.
YES! Eldo has the same problem as me (if you know what i mean *suggestive eyebrows*)

no but..yeah... those apps are shit though.. like why would i wanna download an app for that? sounds sketchy. i'd rather just trust my phone.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:53 pm

Petty! yes, i too see that there are many pitfalls.. and as a person who didn't have a smart phone when i was like 14 (i got mine two years ago), i might have avoided the worst pitfalls i guess (since i am actually even though i say otherwise, pretty mature in my head now (at least compared to the 16 year old me).
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:54 pm

i need to change my avatar.. i keep forgetting that it's my avatar..
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:58 pm

bungobaggins wrote:No Facebook, no selfies, no problem.

Bingo, Bungo!

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Bingo, Bungo!

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Bingo, Bungo!

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:59 pm

Bingo Bungo!

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:01 pm

Bingo Bungo!

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:04 pm

Bingo, Bungo!

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:06 pm

Bingo, Bungo!

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:10 pm

Bingo, Bungo!

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:12 pm

Bingo, Bungo!

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:34 pm

Bingo, Bungo!

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:27 pm

Bingo, Bungo!

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum