Ally
Ringdrotten
Pettytyrant101
22 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Sauron in the Hobbit - Page 8 Empty Re: Sauron in the Hobbit

Post by Orwell Thu May 03, 2012 10:55 am

Anyone would think PJ was the Greatest wrecker of other people's Greatness in all of history, Lance! Rolling Eyes I don't rate him quite that high. Very Happy

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Thu May 03, 2012 12:41 pm

Orwell wrote:Anyone would think PJ was the Greatest wrecker of other people's Greatness in all of history, Lance! Rolling Eyes I don't rate him quite that high. Very Happy

But what about the Bunnies?
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu May 03, 2012 5:01 pm

I think they should have got Jack Black(clueless) to play Bilbo, Ryan Seacrest(smug) to be Thranduil, Ricky Gervais (sarcastic) to be Thorin, and Noel Fielding (glam rock villain) should be the Necromancer, Bill Bailey(old hippy) Gandalf and Russell Brand(camp prancer) should be Legolas. thats my dream team, then they should fly through bamboo a lot a la 'Hero', and wear spandex tights. Rolling Eyes
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri May 04, 2012 12:45 am

Are you sure you don't secretly work for PJ in his character design department Mrs Figg? Suspect

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri May 04, 2012 3:49 am

I can actually imagine a movie like that, Mrs Figg Very Happy --- just NOT The Hobbit! Banghead

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri May 04, 2012 5:31 am

The best part about the Jack Black idea is that he already has experience with acting in a Hobbit role! Very Happy

NSFW:

(That's actually an easter egg on the Extended Edition DVDs, believe it or not. Laughing)
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri May 04, 2012 1:52 pm

and for you scoffers who dont think Noel has what it takes to be The Necromancer.. watch and weep.

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri May 04, 2012 3:01 pm

Eldorion wrote:The best part about the Jack Black idea is that he already has experience with acting in a Hobbit role! Very Happy

NSFW:

(That's actually an easter egg on the Extended Edition DVDs, believe it or not. Laughing)

Aways loved this video Very Happy
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Sat May 05, 2012 4:27 am

Mrs Figg wrote:I think they should have got Jack Black(clueless) to play Bilbo, Ryan Seacrest(smug) to be Thranduil, Ricky Gervais (sarcastic) to be Thorin, and Noel Fielding (glam rock villain) should be the Necromancer, Bill Bailey(old hippy) Gandalf and Russell Brand(camp prancer) should be Legolas. thats my dream team, then they should fly through bamboo a lot a la 'Hero', and wear spandex tights. Rolling Eyes

GOD please don't give them any ideas for a third Hobbit film that they would base on NONE of Tolkiens works at all and think its the best film ever, well at least the sheep over at ToRN would anyways Twisted Evil
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat May 05, 2012 8:47 am

To late Sinister, I fear Mrs Figg, GB, Ally and others of a previously liberal leaning way have convinced Pj long ago whatever he changes he makes to Tolkien arew a GOOD thing, loved by all. Evil or Very Mad

(ps must ask where you found your avatar pic- the figure on the horse, which I always thought was the Mouth of Sauron, was used as the cover to the ancient (now) Amiga game 'War in MIddle-Earth' back in '88- I've been trying to find the pic ever since with no luck- I don't suppose you know the artist do you?)

-mmm actually dont think they are the same figure, hard to tell on this crappy little laptop screen- just very similar pose I think. Damn the hunt goes on (for another 20 years no doubt!!)

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat May 05, 2012 2:25 pm

Petty if you keep rubbing it in that its all my (liberals) fault that PJ is making a balls up, I may have to go back to the fold of PJ Apologist Now begging for forgiveness, I am on your side at the moment, so dont push your luck. Mad
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat May 05, 2012 2:37 pm

Hey its not like I was singling you out Mrs Figg- I blame all of you equally!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat May 05, 2012 2:46 pm

Moon You should be happy I have changed my mind though, not make me feel guilty I once lurved PJ.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat May 05, 2012 7:06 pm

You should be happy I have changed my mind though, not make me feel guilty I once lurved PJ.- Mrs Figg

What a curious notion Mrs Figg! Problem is you lot should feel guilty!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad That's only right and proper. Surely you agree some period of penance must be due? (and gloating on my part, although not much because then I remember its Tolkien he is killing by a thousand ludicrous cuts and it just turns to rage again! Sauron in the Hobbit - Page 8 2276801876 ).

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat May 05, 2012 10:39 pm

something like this?

http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=necromancer++the+hobbit#/d47joja

http://browse.deviantart.com/?order=5&q=necromancer#/d4yqtf2

http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=sauron+lotr#/d27w5ud
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat May 05, 2012 10:55 pm

Do I have to beat my buttocks with birch twiglets? ala mea maxima culpa, Is that what you mean by penance? or will me letting you gloat a wee bit more suffice? Shocked
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sat May 05, 2012 11:19 pm

{{{ Embarassed }}}
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun May 06, 2012 12:35 am

Norc the first one was to evil, the second to wimpy but loved the drawings in the third. Very nice.

Mrs Figg tempted as I am by the buttocks and birches I will let you off this one time (although the prospect may bring Orwell out from wherever he is currently hiding). Besides I feel your appropriate penance would be to have to download and watch my purist edits. Now you are sane enough to appreciate them. Sauron in the Hobbit - Page 8 1918643206

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun May 06, 2012 12:41 am

I was thinking some kind of mash up of those three, though still looking a bit like Benedict Cumberbatch, cheekbones Wink
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun May 06, 2012 11:31 am

I suspect you would be happy with a shaved chimp as the Necro if someone put Cumberbatch's face on it first! Wink

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun May 06, 2012 12:20 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:I suspect you would be happy with a shaved chimp as the Necro if someone put Cumberbatch's face on it first! Wink
Sauron in the Hobbit - Page 8 Tumblr_lzttsmNnBa1r3twge
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Sauron in the Hobbit - Page 8 Empty not sure why...

Post by Sinister71 Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:11 am

but from seeing scenes of Gandalf at DolGuldur with and without Glamdring. I am thinking that the whole climax of the DolGuldur subplot will be actually anti-climactic. I have this strange feeling its gonna only be Gandalf going back into DolGuldur and finding the necromancer has "fled before them". I still think we shall see something of him on film, but whether the Necromancer interacts with Gandalf or any other main characters has yet to be seen. Maybe its just the way my brain thinks but I have this gut feeling that the necromancer is gonna be gone from DolGuldur when the White Council arrives to have it out with him. I think there will be a lesser minion or a few of some sort there that Gandalf and maybe one or two elves have it out with, but the Necromancer will have already made his way to Mordor.

Yeah most people hate this Idea since I have been saying it for a while now, but it just seems to me like they don't need another battle sequence although that is what PJ loves is the spectacle of them. I just think its gonna be Gandalf going in alone and the rest of the council except maybe an elf or 2 will be waiting for Gandalf to report.
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:15 am

I hope youre right. The Necro should be minimum screen time, if any. And he should have already made his plans to leave long before the WC even strike.
I suspect somehow PJ may involve Saruman in the Necro leaving, have him betray the Council, although I hope not as it is too much to early. But I would not be suprised to see a palantir scene or two between Saruman and Sauron.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:22 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:I hope youre right. The Necro should be minimum screen time, if any. And he should have already made his plans to leave long before the WC even strike.
I suspect somehow PJ may involve Saruman in the Necro leaving, have him betray the Council, although I hope not as it is too much to early. But I would not be suprised to see a palantir scene or two between Saruman and Sauron.

I think your right about the palantir but i don't think we will see it till somewhere near the end of film 2 honestly, but it would be cool if they do it subtly which we know is not PJ's strong point but one can hope.

and My reasoning for Gandalf going in alone is the fact that part of the scenes of him in DolGuldur he has Glamdring which by all reports he finds in Trollshaws like in the book which would make some of those scenes the attack on DolGuldur in the time of the Hobbit. and clearly from what I can see in the trailer Gandalf looks like he is alone. meaning to me Sauron aka the Necromancer has already gone... now I do think there will be some evil thing there for Gandalf to deal with but it wont be an epic battle like everyone is wanting
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:39 am

I'm of two minds. I'd rather not see the White Council/Necromancer subplot at all and I'm not really itching for a big battle scene in addition to the Battle of the Five Armies. On the other hand, if they're going to include the subplot, I think it deserves a proper resolution. I don't think Gandalf sneaking in alone and then reporting back that Dol Guldur was abandoned would be satisfying on any level.

When the first trailer came out I speculated that the clips of Gandalf in Dol Guldur were a flashback to when he found Thrain there prior to the events in The Hobbit, but I didn't notice that he was carrying Glamdring. I watched the trailer again and didn't get a very close look at the sword but it does appear similar in design to Glamdring. I rather hope the Dol Guldur plot ends with something other than Gandalf on a solo stealth mission, though. That just feels pointless to me. :/
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next