Bluebottle
Eldorion
17 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Game of Thrones [2] - Page 4 Empty Re: Game of Thrones [2]

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:41 am

Very Happy

Okay, what the heck, where are these personalized avatars coming from?

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:26 am

I was just informed today that you can make one by clicking on the banner image found in the avatar tab of the profile edit page. Wink
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:37 am

Love the show, but series 5 was a bit of a let down. Sad

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:27 am

Eldorion wrote:I was just informed today that you can make one by clicking on the banner image found in the avatar tab of the profile edit page. Wink
oooh.. cool!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:31 am

this whole season was just meh for me really. nothing really happens and i think the real reason for it is because there is too many storylines. Heck i am glad Sansa got Jeyne Poole's storyline, imagine another character from the past rise up. i didn't completely know who Arya was killing before she said it herself. "do you know who you are?" NO I DON'T KNOW WHO HE IS!! 

but yeah.... poor Jon Sad but i will be quoting Sam "he always comes back"!!!! hell that Melisandre bitch just arrived. I think she realized how she fucked up the whole situation at the end. imagine if he hadn't killed his daughter and people hadn't left him!!!!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:44 am

like, it feels so SLOW! and i think the reason for it is because for each 50 minute long episode you only get like five seconds of stories for each of the characters and then it really feels like nothing happened.. if we got Sansa's story over the course of two-three episodes i think it would feel more fulfilling.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:59 am

Well, that's a fair point certainly. The format can work against the show, particularily when the story you tell through all those shorter moments isn't all that. Because the story you tell through those small moments certainly matter as well. And I think this season also suffered particularily because, aside from the couple of cataclysmic events the season lead up to, it was pretty much all filler. And viewers didn't get invested in the stories as there was nothing there to grip them or keep them in suspense. An empty narrative with a few big shock moments. That's when the narrative wan't outrigthly contradictive or nonsensical.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:52 am

God, that was.. appalling is to kind a word.

I'm not even sure what to say.. the writing?!... Dorne.. "... bad pussy." might be the singularily worst piece of writing, directing and acting I've seen in a long time. I have no idea what they could have liked about the storyline. Let's kill the Queens daughter just when we've sent of the heir of Dorne to Kings Landing effectively as a hostage. For the watch became a power grab by Alliser Thorne. Shame Jon only told Sam about what happened at Hardhome or the army of the dead, if he had told everyone his brothers might have had some understanding for him and his actions. And of course Jons last words are Olly, the most important character at the wall, remember, not Ghost, who only does rape protection now it seems. Winterfell.. the less said the better. Sansa and Theon jumping from the same height that just killed Myranda.. Of course there is going to be a huge snowdrift or something. It's not like all the snow is melting.. And I guess it's pretty much comfirmed now that in their heads this is Ramsays storyline. God, I really missed his point of view chapters in the books.. Meereen is going to be run by thee foreigners.. that is going to go great. But at least we had Varys to remind us how wonderful Tyrion is.. again. Oh, where did he come from? He just snuck behind the backs of all those Unsullied that was guarding Tyrion. The Unsullied? You know hte ones who are the most easily defeatable in the world, easily being mowed down by untrained former slavers with short knives, or the worlds best infantry, able to easily subdue a rioting city, depending on the needs of the plot. Daenerys, who now magically is wearing pants and comfortable looking shoes for walking, decides to leave Drogon and walk back to Meereen because she needs to get there NOW, GOD DAMN IT. Good thing that Khalesar knew who she was, seeing as they all decided to do this well coreographed riding in a huge circle around her thing.

I'm not sure I can forgive them for what they did to Stannis. It's been pretty clear that they've hated his character for a while, and used their view of him to shape the writing of his character. But it's on ething to set him up as the villain of the piece. He could have been a great villain of the piece, even if making him that looses the very greyness George is trying to insdtill in the stroy. But this was just a study in humiliation. You burn your daugther for no reason, oh, suddenly it's a bit warmer it was totally worth it. Then his men abandons him, his wife hangs herself, Mellisandre abandons him, on the last horse in the camp, who the people who took all the horses, for the second week runing, fortunately left her,.. because...? But good thing they had one of the great military commanders of Westeros on hand to order a rag tag march on a castle. Scouts? What are scouts? And then he's apparently executed on the authority of a dead younger brother who usurped his rightful place on the throne. Character assasination: Completed.

Honestly, I'm not sure I'll bother with next season. If people who have shared my misgivings about this one says it's a return to form, maybe I'll give it another chance. As things stand it's lost most of the appeal I ever saw in it. And the building blocks were there for something special, even in as much (often unfairly) maligned books as aFfCs and aDwDs. Winds of Winter can't be that far off. I'll rather look forward to that. Nod

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:00 pm

http://gotgifsandmusings.tumblr.com/post/121628653737/game-of-snobbery-05x10-a-book-readers-recap

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:01 pm

And uh. That’s it. That was Winterhell. Ramsay Bolton slayed a lot, had a rather healthy/kinky relationship with a random Northern girl, got a bride that he raped, and then defeated a king.

Pretty much. (I can so see why they loved that storyline. Rolling Eyes)

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:03 pm

I must make sure never to read the books Wink
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:11 pm

Well, they're certainly nothing like the show. Smile

It's odd that I feel that way. I used to love this show. It might even have been my favourite. And somehow, at least for me, it all went so wrong. I can't help but feel a little sad at that, but at least there's still the books.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:31 pm

Which…might be a good thing for her honestly. Out in the Irish Dothraki Sea, Deadpan had no idea how to train her dragon. So much for eating smoked horse together. Drogon was being pissy and Deadpan literally couldn’t even, so she randomly walked off, where the Riders of Rohan encircled her for like 5 minutes while she pulled a Pippin and dropped her leaf of Lorien to foreshadow men coming to rescue her. SO EMPOWERING! And I guess that whole “Drogon senses when Mommy is in danger” thing is for plot convenience only?

EMPOWERING! amirite

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:33 pm

Oh, and I forgot to point out Mellisandre travelling from Winterfell to Castle Black between scenes. It's not like Stannis used half a season marching south. She must have borrowed Littlefingers teleporter. (The Vale, Winterfell, Kings Landing, all at the speed of plot.)

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:45 pm

I am actually not really sure what I think any more. I wonder how many people found Jons scene either shocking or emotional. I found it to be both in the book but yesterday was a bit flat for me.

The whole Stannis thing went off the rails a while back and, again, was a bit flat for me in the end. Brienne had a little character assassination moment after all her pledging etc around Sansa, she conveniently gave all that up (at a convenient moment) to exact revenge. I wouldn't have put it by her last season, but seems like a lot of wasted character development which is like Stannis all over again (but with less screen time). Wonder what will become of Davos now he has served the shows purpose with his actual story being cut out.

Sansa... I must have missed where she got that thing from because she hadn't tried leaving before. Again... convenient that Reek and the chick happened to be there to run in to!!

Dany.... boring.

Tyrion.... contrived.

Jamie etc... signposted.

Arya is the only story line I actually enjoyed.

Not sure if I really care about anyone enough to bother with the next season now.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:48 pm

Laughing  I think I have been watching a different show. episode 10 was flipping amazing from start to finish.

The actor who plays Stannis just incredible understated acting, he could say everything with one look. I found it very satisfying to watch, maybe I am easily pleased.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:59 pm

No, I don't think that's it. Wink Sofa

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:14 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:The actor who plays Stannis just incredible understated acting, he could say everything with one look. I found it very satisfying to watch, maybe I am easily pleased.

No, I think that's something we probably all agree on. Stephen Dillaine is and has always been amazing. Best performer this season for me. Nod

Last edited by Bluebottle on Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:15 pm; edited 2 times in total

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:15 pm

Glad you enjoyed it Figgs.

I am finding the writing very lazy. The actors are generally doing well, it is the writing that let's it down.

The big moment with Jon, in my opinion, just completely fell flat. Maybe it was because the whole episode was a character cull and so when it came to the final scenes it was kinda obvious what was coming next.

To add to that, why the bloody hell did they let Jon and all the thousands of wildlings through only 10 minutes before? They are outnumbered, don't have the protection of the wall and have just killed the person that was keeping the peace. And it was Alliser that let them in (since Jon took the scenic route for that whole section to be set up).

Lazy!!!

Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:18 pm

I've given up trying to make sense of stuff. Either they don't mean it too, or they lack the ability to have their writing make sense.

All you need to know is that it made sense creatively.. because they wanted it to happen.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:06 pm

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/16/arts/television/in-game-of-thrones-finale-a-breakdown-in-storytelling.html

Wow. Shocked That's a pretty crushing review. And by the New York Times no less.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:25 pm

http://captainofalltheships.tumblr.com/post/121639668347/chrys-watches-got-season-5-finale

bounce

The Stannis thing is hilarious. Laughing

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:10 pm

Dany should have trained her dragon(s) better...
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:55 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:No, I don't think that's it. Wink  Sofa

Suspect
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree