Ringdrotten
Eldorion
halfwise
Pettytyrant101
Norc
14 posters

Page 3 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next

Go down

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [3] - Page 3 Empty Re: Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [3]

Post by Amarië Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:41 pm

I apologize if I bump into someone at the store or find I am blocking their path or something.

Rarely more than "Oh, sorry." Maybe a "Are you alright?" if it was an actual 'collision', and not just a brush. I might get a "It's fine." Maybe, MAYBE, we share a brief, friendly, slightly awkward laugh and not look at each other again.

Any more than that, and people think you are nuts. A brief bump while passing in a busy street is likely to pass without any talking, I guess.

Swearing, yes, that is not unlikely.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [3] - Page 3 Empty Re: Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [3]

Post by halfwise Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:49 pm

In small town America you've likely committed yourself to an entire conversation if not a dinner invitation if you bump into someone accidentally. Razz Cities are different, but long conversations with strangers are not uncommon.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:07 pm

Yeah, the article claimed norwegians wouldn't appologize if they bumped into someone on the street, as actually talking to a stranger you bumped into on the street would be seen as more invasive than the actual bump. And, yeah, i would, like Amarië, appologize. Would probably keep it at that though. So, obviously he has a point in principle. He just takes the principle a bit too far.

I guess we are a bit odd. Razz

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:16 pm

I had no idea he was half fjordlandian. Shocked That's pretty cool. Very Happy

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:24 pm

This picture struck me as quite striking.

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [3] - Page 3 VrtikhrILU9IEqqbwQDxrgRegdBNBjVUXqQ8NMkfcWaw
http://artikkel.ut.no/morketidsidyll-i-kajakk-1.12180710

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:53 am

Striking pictures tend to leave people struck Very Happy Sorry, couldn't help myself - beautiful pic, blue Very Happy

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [3] - Page 3 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:54 pm

Seeing as I already brought us there, I can't very well complain, can I. Wink Laughing

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:23 pm

Pretty big storm heading for the north of norway, so big we're even getting some proper weather down here. Shocked  Tomorrow might be a stay inside day. Still, with a fireplace and some firewood it might not be so bad.

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [3] - Page 3 Giphy

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:42 pm

Bluebottle wrote:Pretty big storm

Scratch that. Hurricane force winds, 24 meter waves and it's touted to be one of the greatest storms in living memory. pale  Hopefully everyone will be okay.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:00 pm

Having never really looked at Norway before, I've realized the annoyance that you're so far north you can't get any geostationary images, which means no satellite loops. You have to paste together near polar orbiters, which will give you higher resolution but will be a bit jumpy. Sigh.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:05 pm

Ah, for the weather satelites?

Well, it's a proper storm alright. We're getting a proper blast of it here, more than 1500 km away. Shocked

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:45 pm

Shit, I hope you guys all hunker down and make it through unscathed!
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:01 pm

We're not getting it properly down here. Just a light gale or something. But that were getting anything must say a whole lot about how properly it's going on up north. So, yeah, hopefully noone will get properly hurt. I'm glad noone on here is in the middle of it. Smile

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:18 pm

Hey guys still talking about the weather? Rolling Eyes anything fun happening here while i've been away?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:24 pm

Hello Norc ! Very Happy Wave How are you ?

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [3] - Page 3 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [3] - Page 3 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:27 pm

Hi Norc! Wave

We've missed you.  
Oh, by the way, if you look over your shoulder you'll see Eldo is only 400 posts behind you for the #2 position, and gaining fast Shocked

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [3] - Page 3 1280px-Male_kodiak_bear_face  Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [3] - Page 3 UJpDi Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [3] - Page 3 Mumbea10
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:21 pm

Yep, things sort of quiet down when you're not around, Norc. The last time Figgy cuffed Petty was like hours ago. When's your next vacation?

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:54 pm

Shhh, Dave! Don't bring it to her attention. Mad

Nah, I do hope you can find time to visit us again soon, Norc! And I hope your musical odyssey is going well. ^_^
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:10 pm

David H wrote:Hi Norc! Wave

We've missed you.  
Oh, by the way, if you look over your shoulder you'll see Eldo is only 400 posts behind you for the #2 position, and gaining fast Shocked

I know that bugger Mad
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:12 pm

My musical oddyse is going ok Smile playing lots of nerdy board games, last night we had a prom and stuff Smile live band that for once wasn't playing jazz, but hits Smile
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:19 pm

Norc! cheers Where the fuck have you been?! Mad

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:32 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote: Where the fuck have you been?! Mad

could ask you the same question Mad
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:32 pm

Hi Norc Wave
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:18 pm

could ask you the same question- Figg

But my answer is always the same- drunk! drunken

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:28 pm

Wave
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next