Baingil
Squach
odo banks
Ally
Pettytyrant101
27 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! - Page 4 Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit!

Post by odo banks Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:30 pm

.... is he gone...? At last a free an open discussion can proceed about Mr Tyrant... I've kept notes....

Respectable Hobbit of Needlehole

Back to top Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! - Page 4 Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit!

Post by Tinuviel Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:02 am

so long petty!!!! I promise a handsome amount of Buckie to be passed out in celebration of your return!!!!!!!!!!!
Until then...

WHO WANTS THE REST OF THIS RASBERRY BUCKIE????

Things that are making you crabbit! - Page 4 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Saradoc Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:38 pm

Hmm...well...I mean if no one else is going to step forward and take it....

King Arthur: The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. That is why I am your king.

Dennis the Peasant: Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
Saradoc
Saradoc
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:13 pm

Hands off the buckie!! I counted it all before I left and used invisible ink to mark the levels in the bottles! Yes I'm back!! Although might be temporary as I have a schedulded boot in the face due from life about Tuesday, I've got it in my diary!

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:56 pm

Welcome back Very Happy I'm currently enjoying your megaedit (RotK) along with some of the finest ice cream I could find - I'll give you my thoughts when I'm done Smile

Things that are making you crabbit! - Page 4 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:17 am

Hope you enjoy it Ringdrotten. Be intrested inyour thoughts, particulary regarding the red filter.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:32 pm

spending an hour clearing staples out of a display board and being less than a quarter done! Bleghhhh!

'A novel is a long piece of prose with ,in the eyes of the author at least, something wrong with it - Neil Gaiman, intro to American gods
Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:34 pm

Not be easier setting fire to it and then getting a new display board?

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:36 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Not be easier setting fire to it and then getting a new display board?

Recycle World? Why not get drawing pins - reusable.

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:39 pm

Laughing

I wish! Have no blinds! the head of department has asked for new blinds every year I've been there - still none. in the summer the sun makes the board illegible!

And it's a crappy piece of woodchip, not a proper board - almost impossible to get drawing pins in or out!

'A novel is a long piece of prose with ,in the eyes of the author at least, something wrong with it - Neil Gaiman, intro to American gods
Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:40 pm

Setting fire to it is recycling it- puts it back in the atmosphere and eventaull yback into the earth. And its more satisfying.

No blinds in a classroom? I can see how that would be tricky- perhaps if you got your class to stand in a long line against the window they could be human blinds?

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:42 pm

Tempting, but then you never get the B@:&*^% to sit still, no chance of them standing still!

Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:43 pm

Fancy that! Useful youth! Shocked

EDIT: I see Kafria, I see... Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Orwell on Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:44 pm

I assume the pc brigade means you are not allowed to nail their feet to the floor?

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:44 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:I assume the pc brigade means you are not allowed to nail their feet to the floor?

Just common sense where I come from.

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:45 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:I assume the pc brigade means you are not allowed to nail their feet to the floor?

Too true more's the pity

Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:50 pm

Kafria wrote:

Too true more's the pity

I feel somewhat uneasy. Should I alert your Head Master (Mistress?) to your views, or not, Kafria? Shocked

(I hope it's a Head Mistress, I do, I do, do. -- "Now Orwell, you've been a very naughty boy."ÖH Miss Whackersmacker, please don't get the strap out to discipline me, please don't. No, no. no." "I know your type, young Orwell. Your no's mean yes. Naughty naughty boy....")

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:50 pm

Dooesn't do any lasting damage. Superglue then, for the faint hearted?

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:00 am

Well in theory I suppose - Had to sign the 'acceptble e usage' policy today too!

Part of it states that I must not in my use of social networking sites bring myself or the profession into disrepute (paraphraseing!)

Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:04 am

So you better steer clear of the education thread then in case they are watching you for unwanted thoughts. Bit close to Mr Orwell's vision that.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:27 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:So you better steer clear of the education thread then in case they are watching you for unwanted thoughts. Bit close to Mr Orwell's vision that.

Indeed, both Orwells! Funny, I just popped out to take my boy to school and I was thinking about conversations we have here. Should we not take a Dark Planet approach and take no risks? No suggestiveness, no jokes about whacking kids when they need it, no arguments about the existence of God, no talk of legalizing drugs, no stories (true of false) about other Forumshirers including the "baiting" or "teasing" of them (which is Petty's forte, by all accounts)?

We could be boring, you know, but where's the fun in not taking risks? Walk the the razor edge between what you can get away with and what you can't - that's what I say. We Self-Test quite well here, generally. I only hope our bosses don't poke their noses in --- they are bores, after all, that's why we associate here and not with them when we've got free time. Free Spirits, ah yes... (but only ever to a point!)

Mmm... I took the same approach with "Jack". Funny how my life is a circle.

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:35 am

"which is Petty forte, by all accounts" Shocked That is scurrulous and quit possibly fictous! study

And you are right I would rather run the risk of inadvertently offending than saying nothing interesting at all. And besides one can always apologise for any offence given and if its a genuine prejudice or fault on my side then it can be corrected through good argument and debate. One of the best things about Forumshire in fact. Its quite possible to disagree strongly here but never to dislike.

edit- except about the coal scuttle.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:43 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:"which is Petty forte, by all accounts" Shocked That is scurrulous and quit possibly fictous! study

Sorry - Odo's! Anyone could make that mistake.

Pettytyrant101 wrote: And you are right I would rather run the risk of inadvertently offending than saying nothing interesting at all. And besides one can always apologise for any offence given and if its a genuine prejudice or fault on my side then it can be corrected through good argument and debate. One of the best things about Forumshire in fact. Its quite possible to disagree strongly here but never to dislike.

To actually discuss (or debate, if it comes to that) is the very mark of a progessive folk.

Pettytyrant101 wrote:edit- except about the coal scuttle.

I fear you may rouse Odo by that comment, and he hasn't been aroused here for awhile. He did warn you about getting in Wisey to deal with that issue already. Should you really be baiting him, or teasing him, as the case may be? Ooh have I gone around in a circle.

Pettytyrant101 wrote:"which is Petty forte, by all accounts" Shocked That is scurrulous and quit possibly fictous! study

Sorry - Odo's! Anyone could make that mistake.

Ooh ---- I have indeed! Shocked

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:46 am

Well I most certainly don't want to arouse Odo, inadvertently or otherwise!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:01 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Well I most certainly don't want to arouse Odo, inadvertently or otherwise!

No, of course not, I wasn't suggesting it. Very Happy

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next