huffjuff
azriel
Bluebottle
Forest Shepherd
bungobaggins
21 posters

Page 1 of 27 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next

Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! [5] Empty Things that are making you crabbit! [5]

Post by bungobaggins Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:59 am

First one's free.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! [5] Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit! [5]

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:10 am

Thanks very much for the technical advice Huffjuff!

I tried two different programs from that list on my Windows computer in my initial round of DRM-removal attempts. One was very spotty and worked by playing the file in real-time. This would mean over 50 hours of my computer sitting there formatting. And even then it led to file-size bloat.

The other worked by burning the audio file to a what-do-you-call-it, a sort of imaginary digital CD drive.  iTunes doesn't allow you to burn .aa files to CD however, so that one wasn't working for me either.

If I get more audible audiobooks in future I may try again, but I finished downloading Way of Kings yesterday (through a certain peer-sharing program) and it's working fine for me now.  Smile

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! [5] Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit! [5]

Post by Bluebottle Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:46 am

Mmmm, breaching drms is a bit sketchy copyright wise. (As sketchy as torrent downloads, really. Razz) That said, the whole system of drm protection doesn't really fit in with the concept of copyright all that well in general either. The whole point is that some of your rights are exhausted in a copyrighted product when you sell it. And the buyer for instance has the right to copy the work for personal use and  sell it on and so on.

Honestly, the whole concept of drms has little to do with copyright and securing artists rights at all. Rather with a system of making an industry devoted to making money on said art, mostly not for the artist.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:48 am

azriel wrote:Things that are making you crabbit! [5] Dib_zpsnubfjtpv

I think the next line was something like "Refund upon personal appearance with receipt." Razz

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:12 pm

Gotta love Pratchett Laughing Laughing

Things that are making you crabbit! [5] Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Things that are making you crabbit! [5] Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by huffjuff Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:59 pm

Haha you guys *blushing*
I think if any of you want some help, I just might happen to know a little to much about computers and programs.
Send me a PM, or contact me in any other ways possible for you!

huffjuff
Ringwinner

https://andreashustadphotography.myportfolio.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:02 pm

Never.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:04 pm

halfwise wrote:I feel like you are opening your trench coat in a side alley: "Pssst....hey buddy - like some DRM removal tools?  Good deal for you."
And tjere it is. Huhg Juff's role in needlehole Razz Laughing
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:38 am

wish I had the money for a high powered lawyer, with Malcolm Tucker killer instincts. Suspect
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by huffjuff Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:24 am

Norc wrote:
halfwise wrote:I feel like you are opening your trench coat in a side alley: "Pssst....hey buddy - like some DRM removal tools?  Good deal for you."
And tjere it is. Huhg Juff's role in needlehole Razz Laughing

Thanks.

huffjuff
Ringwinner

https://andreashustadphotography.myportfolio.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:31 pm

Wait, where's "Things That Are Making You Crabbit [5]"?

Well, whatever.

I'm crabbit because I just deleted a whole lot of cool stuff from my D&D thread post because I hit tab > tab > backspace.  :facepalm: :facepalm: Mad Mad Banghead Banghead Extremely Crabbit

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:31 am

Im in a fooking crabbit mood cuz Im sick to the back teeth of getting fooking soaked everytime I go out the door ! BUT, when I get home the bloody rain stops ! And why are they shrinking the tins of Quality Street & Roses ??!! Giving me that bollocks that they are not ! Im not daft ! Im the bloody consumer, its my money the company is screwing ! Actually CONsumer is a good word now ! Mad

Things that are making you crabbit! [5] Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Things that are making you crabbit! [5] Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:56 am

Forest Shepherd wrote:Wait, where's "Things That Are Making You Crabbit [5]"?

Well, whatever.

It just hasn't happened yet. The forum automatically splits threads when they hit ~1100 posts, but it goes back and breaks them off at the 990 post mark. Then I go in (if I'm paying close enough attention) and add or edit the number to the title.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:46 am

Then I go in (if I'm paying close enough attention) and add or edit the number to the title.- Eldo

You do? I assumed it happened automatically Shocked Just as well I'm too well known as a drunk mod to be expected to know these things. Nod drunken

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:43 am

I suppose Eldo hasn't had a chance to add 9 3/4 to the Harry Potter thread yet.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:03 am

Um... I probably shouldn't say this, but if you can't see the 9 3/4 thread then you're probably a muggle...

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:13 am

Crying or Very sad

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:56 am

No Sad
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:21 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:You do? I assumed it happened automatically Shocked Just as well I'm too well known as a drunk mod to be expected to know these things. Nod drunken

Yeah, the forum leaves the thread title the same.  It took me a little bit to realize what was going on when we first started to get threads long enough that they were splitting.  I actually thought you were doing it at first since you were the only other active mod at the time. Laughing But I sometimes don't notice when a thread gets split and have to go back and update all the numbers long after the fact.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:22 pm

Amarië wrote:Um... I probably shouldn't say this, but if you can't see the 9 3/4 thread then you're probably a muggle...

silent
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:38 pm

I just finished posting a hilarious joke in that thread about how dull muggles are! Haha, man, it was funny.

Smugdog

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:24 pm

I gather someone was in Slytherin.. Things that are making you crabbit! [5] Smiley-Whistling

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:59 pm

It's still better than Hufflepuff! Just saying...

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:06 pm

anythings better than Hufflepuff
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:49 am

Yup, that's pretty much what someone in Slytherin would say. Razz

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 27 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next