Baingil
Squach
odo banks
Ally
Pettytyrant101
27 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! Empty Things that are making you crabbit!

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue May 17, 2011 12:39 pm

I am crabbit. No suprise there you might think, but I'm more crabbit than usual and need to vent.
And I decided here would be a good place for anyone who is being harassed by lifes little annoyances to come and shout at the universe.

So why am I crabbit? Well those who have been paying attention may remember my beloved old pc died a horrible death some time ago, and in the meantime this had left me on an aging laptop- a problem for things like rendering and video editing.
But, after much hardship, a new sparkly pc has been ordered (last monday in fact). Except I still don't have it yet.
First problem was a conversation I have had far to many times with the supplier which goes something like this.

"We cant gaurantee delivery within 3 days"

"But it says on your website UK delivery gauranteed within three days."

"yes but you live on an island"

"yes its called Britain."

"No, I mean you are on an island within Britain."

"No I'm not."

"The computer says you are."

"Come here often does it? I know where Ilive its a peninusla"

"Says here the delivery is by ferry so its an island."

"Its not my fault you choose to use the ferry, there is a road."

"How can there be a road if its an island?"

"Argggh Its not a #*#@ island its a @#!* peninusla you English sassenach"

"I'm sorry we canntot tolerate bad language I have to end this call."

Eventually it was due for delivery, yesterday. Except I was working, so after a lot of annoyance I managed to swap a shift so I would be home. And guess what? It didn't bloody arrive.
So this morning I phoned the supplier again and asked for the courier's number so I could contact them directly. And was told they couldn't do that- but they could phone and find out for me- so I waited, and waited on hold. And waited some more. Eventually I was told the courier thought it had been delivered yesterday, it said had been on their books- then they went and looked and discovered they still had it!! @#**!@
I was then promised it would be sent out today as a priority delivery, that was 9am, its now after midday and guess who is still stuck waiting and still doesn't have a new pc that cost me well over a months wages to buy!! And on top of that my two days off are screwed cause I had to switch shifts for yesterday, which I wasted sitting about waiting on a delivery that never came, and now I have to go to work tomorrow to make up for yesterday!

Crabbit! you better @**~@! believe it!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit!

Post by Ally Tue May 17, 2011 11:18 pm

ARGH! Why does the hydrological system have to be geography? I threw a pathetic drainage basin too, argh, I'm getting so sstressed! Very Happy

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit!

Post by Ally Tue May 17, 2011 11:18 pm

Hope your computer arrives soon though! Reminds me of when my mum tried to buy a new computer, took weeks and weeks to arrive! Very Happy

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue May 17, 2011 11:32 pm

Yeah it turned up eventually! cheers Using it right now in fact. Very Happy

"Why does the hydrological system have to be geography? I threw a pathetic drainage basin too, argh, I'm getting so sstressed!"- Ally

I wish I knew what any of this meant- but sounds crabbit enough to me. Wink

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Wed May 18, 2011 8:34 am

Crabbit is rarely directional. Usually it's atmospheric. Here to help! Very Happy

Respectable Hobbit of Needlehole

Back to top Go down

Post by Squach Fri May 20, 2011 8:55 pm

Things that are making me crabbit:

1. Homework

2. (Having just read this) Odo.

I like poking things with sticks. Get over it.
Bouncy bouncy  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bouncy bouncy Smile
Your mum.
Squach
Squach
Princess Of All Things Fashionable

Location : Brit-rain. Yorkshire, yo. On the sofa poking Kafria.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Fri May 20, 2011 9:56 pm

Hey, it's easy to bash Odo, but the fact remains that he and his clan play an integral part of preserving the up-being of the forumshire...er, bit of help here guys? Very Happy

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Squach Fri May 20, 2011 9:58 pm

I'll bash him alright!

I suppose odo has some advantages. Some.

Your mum.
Squach
Squach

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Fri May 20, 2011 11:36 pm

Certain young girls make me crabbit, I confess to that... Not lovely young ladies like Ally though Very Happy (... err... so long as she remembers her place and keeps off the Thinklings Thread! Mad )

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Fri May 20, 2011 11:58 pm

I'm ever so sorry, though hopefully you'll still think as me as "lovely"... Very Happy

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Sat May 21, 2011 12:10 am

((((((((((Always, Ally... flower So long as no one knows I'm playing favorites.. that wouldn't be respectable... As you might already be aware, and just between you and me, nothing is really unrespectable unless the wrong people find out... Wink )))))))))) *

((((((((((*Superstrength Spell of Encryption. Our little secret, Ally!))))))))))

Back to top Go down

Post by Baingil Sun May 22, 2011 12:54 am

*sneaks in to watch proceedings*

This looks highly interesting... Couldn't be a romance brewing on the sly, could it? Very Happy
Baingil
Baingil
Guest of Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Sun May 22, 2011 1:30 am

I would not think so, Baingil. Ally is seventeen and I am fifty two. That would not be respectable at all. We meet on an intellectual level (though that may disturb her Shocked ) and as equals. (That is equals ever since I knighted her thus: HP*).

Btw I know someone who has an eighteen year old daughter. Let's call him Orwe.** Now Orwe's not unlike Ally in some ways. Intelligent, creative, thoughtful, beautiful (within) and someone who clearly is an individual (as we all are, when we're brave enough to be so - damn you Peer-groups, damn you all to hell! Mad ) Anyhow, Orwe's daughter has a problem with many of her age group -- mind's snapped closed too often I'm afraid. I feel Ally appreciates my willingness to say what I think and to be, at times, unabashed about it, indeed, I think she responds to the courage I have to be myself. Mind, this is easy to do over the Forumnet (thingee) but much more difficult in the Real World - even for an old eccentric copper like my friend, Orwe. In some ways, things would be easier for her if Ally were a boy. Sadly, I can't turn Ally into a Real Boy. [[[Well, not really sadly, Baingil. Orwe adores his daughter for being who she is, just as I adore Ally for being who she is]]].

(((You might find it instructive to know that Orwe thinks me a dreadful old humbug, and one who should pay proper respect to the female of the species. I protest that I do respect women, but he's not convinced. Mind you, he's fifty two himself but unlike me, he's a bit eccentric - holds onto queer concepts I'll never comprehend! He's a bit like GB in that way!)))

*HP = Honarary Boy - just in case you haven't been paying attention, Baingil! Mad

**ORWE = Odo's Real World Equivilent.

NB Honest to God, Orwe is beautiful within! I only said "within". (Well, beautiful within - to a point... Embarassed ) As to the intelligent bit... err... I s'pose one must draw their own conclusions on that too... ---

Back to top Go down

Post by Baingil Sun May 22, 2011 1:48 am

Hmm... Well, I'll be watching, anyway. Wink
Baingil
Baingil
Guest of Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Sun May 22, 2011 2:07 am

I'm beginning to worry about you... seeing things that aren't even there... Eldo - please take your girl in hand!

(((((I would spank her myself, but that act would surely be misconstrued in Forumshire - taking into account the smudgy-dodgy thought processes so many folk have here! Mad )))))

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun May 22, 2011 3:42 am

I like to leave you guys to your own devices ... it's more amusing for me that way. Even (or is it especially?) when you act like school-children who are both in need of a time out. Laughing
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Baingil Sun May 22, 2011 3:45 am

Always glad to amuse you. Very Happy
Baingil
Baingil
Guest of Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Sun May 22, 2011 5:06 am

Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Squach Sun May 22, 2011 6:02 pm

Well, considering that I am actually a school-child, I shall join in!

tongue

Your mum.
Squach
Squach

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Mon May 23, 2011 12:17 am

School children make me crabbit --- public school children, that is...

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon May 23, 2011 1:09 am

Which definition of "public school" do you use? Usage of the phrase often confuses me since it has almost opposite meanings in the US vs. the UK (and, I presume, Australia). Rolling Eyes Laughing
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Mon May 23, 2011 2:00 am

You know, Eldo, the same thought immediately crossed my mind! I'll give an example: "Private" schools in Australia (for instance - lovely country, Australia!) have children with parents who can pay for their education (that's well-to-do-folk), and "Public" schools in Australia have students with parents of the other sort. Our Lady (in Australian terms - and aren't Australians such a wonderful hobbit species!) would attract the well-to-do-kind. Here to help! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Mon May 23, 2011 2:08 am

In Norway, the word public school doesn't have that negative connotation as most public schools are just as good as the private ones, and the top universities are public (free). Just as well, as I doubt I'd ever attend a school as good as my current one if things were different.

Last edited by Ringdrotten on Mon May 23, 2011 2:16 am; edited 1 time in total

Things that are making you crabbit! Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon May 23, 2011 2:15 am

Titles for schools are really weird in the UK. Public schools are really expensive private schools. In Scotland we still have Grammar schools, I went to one, but I think England did away with them, right before their big IQ drop! Shocked

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon May 23, 2011 3:15 am

In that case, I think the US system is actually fairly similar to the Australian one. Unfortunately public schools have a bad reputation here, probably because so many of them are chronically underfunded (education spending isn't a big priority in America Rolling Eyes) but in reality there are both good and bad ones. Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next