The one ring members angry at people for not liking the hobbit and being ungrateful

+8
Forest Shepherd
Eldorion
Mrs Figg
Bluebottle
bungobaggins
Sinister71
Radaghast
Johnnyd
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The one ring members angry at people for not liking the hobbit and being ungrateful - Page 2 Empty Re: The one ring members angry at people for not liking the hobbit and being ungrateful

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:37 pm

I'm sorry Bungo. Crying or Very sad

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

The one ring members angry at people for not liking the hobbit and being ungrateful - Page 2 Empty Re: The one ring members angry at people for not liking the hobbit and being ungrateful

Post by Sinister71 Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:51 pm

Forest Shepherd wrote:
Eldorion wrote:What sort of new, unexplored thoughts do you think we should be discussing, Forest?  I agree that these debates can grow stale after a while, but I think we've already looked at the films from a multitude of different angles over the past several years.
I will put them forth as they occur to me, but basically I mean that I'm tired of hearing some of the general statements that have been repeated in the last few months. I won't go into great detail, but I exclusively mean the tonally negative ones.
Azriel nicely brought up a different idea almost immediately (Thanks Azriel!).  Smile

And I think I know you know that I know that you know what I'm talking about, so please don't be prickly about it. Or if you do think I'm picking on Sinister (which I was a bit, sorry about that Sinister) than feel free to say so or ignore me. I think either of those approaches would be good.

The BotFA (the actual battle, I forget what acronym we're using now to tell the film and event apart) will be set in wintery snows. Do you think there will be any shots involving mist or clouds low upon the ground? Or will it have the sort of clearness and total perspective that we got in the Battle of Pelennor Fields?

You son of a .... Shocked ... slap laugh slap laugh slap laugh slap laugh slap laugh slap laugh slap laugh

pub seriously Forest my skin is thicker than that. I am very stubborn and opinionated esp when it comes to changes to the text of the Hobbit,  that I can clearly see working in a film medium to match Jackson's LOTR that were changed for no valid reason.  I also make no apologies about the things I say although I will say I try and be a bit more polite than I was several times at TORn course hate to say some of my ire was deserved there
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:47 pm

whats going on? Shocked
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:52 pm

"Azriel nicely brought up a different idea almost immediately (Thanks Azriel!). " = Forest

No worries Smile  All I did was retreat into my LaLa land, (as I usually do) & guess what....more airy fairy stuff fell out Smile  tho I must say I much prefer it when the mood is light.

The one ring members angry at people for not liking the hobbit and being ungrateful - Page 2 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

The one ring members angry at people for not liking the hobbit and being ungrateful - Page 2 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:58 pm

generally we are only really negative when we are talking about TH on this forum, most every other subject (apart from Amy Pond) we have a healthy positive attitude towards. maybe it is a bit of a downer sometimes though, I will try to be positive, but its hard.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:13 pm

Im ok as well, Im usualy quite chipper, till we get on the subject of peejers ! And after all, thats what got me on here all that time ago Laughing

The one ring members angry at people for not liking the hobbit and being ungrateful - Page 2 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

The one ring members angry at people for not liking the hobbit and being ungrateful - Page 2 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:31 pm

I'm afraid I have nothing positive to say about the Hobbit movies.

F You to you PeeJerk!

http://helob.deviantart.com/gallery/
https://stopthesecrecy.net/

The one ring members angry at people for not liking the hobbit and being ungrateful - Page 2 WiuVcmi
Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by TranshumanAngel Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:32 pm

malickfan wrote: and I'm not going to get too worked up about it if they see things differently, but I do find the notion we should be grateful for everything we've got kinda hard to pin down my thoughts on

I've come across this before as well, and the 'appendices' on the extended DVDs implicitly make this point when they suggest that all the work put into the films somehow uncritically deserves audiences' gratitude. Of course it's great that many of the individuals working on the film deserve praise, especially for their incredible artistic (and organisational) achievements. Nevertheless, none of this automatically equates to good, solid storytelling. Ultimately, it is up to the director and the editing team to tie the elements together coherently and satisfactorily.

Its emotional manipulation, plain and simple.
TranshumanAngel
TranshumanAngel
Burglar

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:22 pm

yeah I agree. I have nothing but respect for all the people who worked on the creative and technical side of things, they obviously worked really hard, but PJ let them all down badly. The rot came from the top down, there was very little anyone could have done to have saved the films once the tone had been set.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:48 pm

Peejers is shown to really appreciate ALL his staff & crew, sings there praises, admits they all worked as hard as possible & how wonderful they all are, how much blood,sweat & tears, sleepness nights & much sacrifice went into The Hobbit, so, why do I feel this is all just sparkle ? gloss ? all surface ? Does he really value them ? I do not doubt that the women making costumes, all the wig makers etc stunt teams working out if a scene is do-able,the lighting guys, the working out, the thinking, the logistics, everyone all the way to the canteen has proudly pulled their finger out. Everyone making peejers look good.Those people I think of highly.

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2