Orwell
halfwise
Pettytyrant101
14 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Orwell's Mobile Songs - Page 6 Empty Re: Orwell's Mobile Songs

Post by Orwell Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:39 pm

I'm far better placed now to get out and play again. It's just making the step. The older I get the more i procrastinate. Putting my songs down on mobile is me busking really. Also, when I'm gone, my kids might take an interest. At some stage some folk get interested in their parents' lives and abilities. At least I'll have something left of me for them to remember me by (and even get to know me a bit better by!)

It' s a privilige knowing you too, Azriel...  Very Happy 

Mmm... My fave ladies.. (1) Azriel, (2) Julia, (73) Amarie...

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:02 pm

Suspect 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:27 pm

I'm not the sort of ego maniac to fish for compliments, Mrs Figg, but if you were to.... you know... be nice to me... then I might be nice to you....  Nod {{{My Lady Ratings are always subject to reconsideration...  Very Happy }}}

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:58 pm

A recent song:

And a song written by a friend with some help from me. (circa 1977)

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:29 pm

Out of the Groove reminds me a lot of Bob Dylan. Very nice Very Happy Greenseas was a beautiful piece as well Smile

Orwell's Mobile Songs - Page 6 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:39 pm

Thanks Ringo. As to Greenseas, a friend wrote it as a poem when he was about 18. He then came up one day while we were sitting around with a simple chord progression and I sang the poem while we recorded it (i was about 17). We liked it. I still do. We call it co-written (well he does!) and I'm happy to take some writer's credit for it - however dubious my claim!  Very Happy I was a little worried it might seem dated, but I've always liked it and still do. I feel there is a certain timelessness about it. I guess folk songs often do have a timeless quality. Nice that you were positive about it. I think I will play it one day out in public. We did some fun stuff together way back when but never got out and about with our stuff. (He's a little bit more humble and far more bashful than I am).

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:44 pm

This one is from a kid's musical I wrote in 1996. I have played it quite a few times for people, so it is somewhat road tested.

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:49 pm

I really liked Greenseas  Nod  I think your voice conveys those balladey type songs very well, I agree with Ringo over "out of the groove"

Orwell's Mobile Songs - Page 6 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Orwell's Mobile Songs - Page 6 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:52 pm

You wrote a musical? The whole thing?
Oooh, I demand a performance, of the whole show!  Twisted Evil 

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:55 pm

I like your songs, like "I ride my bike" because, I think, they are so easy to listen to because they are sweetly simple ! ( & I dont mean in a retarded way !) All is said that needs to be said & you relate & drift along with it.  Nod

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:19 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:You wrote a musical? The whole thing?
Oooh, I demand a performance, of the whole show!  Twisted Evil 

1996 was a seminal year for me. I wrote an adult musical and two and a half kid's musicals. I can't remember how to play any of the songs now... just I Ride My Bike... I really should have kept the chords written down somewhere --- but I did not think I would stop playing them... or not record them... One kid's musical was recorded - badly. I'll see if I can upload it for you, Petty. I Ride My Bike is on it. (It's sung by a girlie and it's her "Mother' who oils the chain. The Dad is a dufus in the musical -- based on someone I'd rather not mention, me being such a seriously respectable chap!)

I pulled out a cassette a one take copy of the songs for my adult musical. I had a girlie (a copper girlie!) sing most of the female parts. Indeed, most of the songs were to be sung by girlies. Playing it a few times the other day, I thought what a loss it was not to record it properly. I had an offer of getting it sstaged by an Amateur Theatre Company (a well heeled one with plenty of money behind it!) but I changed work locations and things got too tricky. I was really impressed with the quality of most of the songs when I played them the other day after many many years of it lying in a drawer - unloved. I remember stealing a lot of chords from sheet music and actually working on the tunes a hell of lot more than I normally do. (I'm a lyrics and story man all said and done and writing good tunes - some with complexity - is all too hard for me most of the time. I am a lazy guy at heart. I'm like that girl who just wants to have fun, except I'm a boy. I think the girl is Cindi Lauper).

My life has been full of opportunities I never took up. (Except the opportunity I took up regards a certain girlie I met in a disco - of all places!!! Shocked  - in 1982 and subsequently got married to. So not all my opportunities have been wasted. But I don't just want to have my cake, I want to eat it too!  Mad  And I don't mean eat my Missus -- though I have offered...  Very Happy )

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:24 am

I cant say I am big on regrets, which given my life is almost certainly just as well!
I am a great believer in not allowing myself to worry over things that cannot now be changed or undone (actually thats most of what Ive ever done!) I prefer to look at whats available right now.

You can either look at the past and say 'I wish I had done that or this thing' or you can look at the present and say 'Hey, Ive got a respectable job, a great family, and I get to write and play music in my spare time and enjoy it and share it with friends I have acquired the world over.'

I know which one I would choose.  Nod

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:39 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:You can either look at the past and say 'I wish I had done that or this thing' or you can look at the present and say 'Hey, Ive got a respectable job, a great family, and I get to write and play music in my spare time and enjoy it and share it with friends I have acquired the world over.'

Hey! I think I know that chap. Isn't he that handsome fellow? The one who is not vain at all and not at all full of himself? The one who is quite popular with the ladies (and Julia).  Very Happy 

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:40 am

Nah you must be thinking of someone else. {{{{{Note to self, never give an ozhobbit an opportunity to be vain, full of himself and attractive to ladies  Mad }}}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:55 am

Are you sure I'm thinking of somebody else.... scratch and where's that peppermint smell coming from...? Suspect

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:57 am

Maybe you were thinking of, um, Odo.  Nod  {{{Note to self, never panic and say bloody stupid things like that ever again. He's even worse than Orwell!  Evil or Very Mad }}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:01 am

Doesn't sound a lot like Odo...  scratch

{{{Phew! ... I think I smell a rat... and a peppermint scented rat at that!   Suspect}}}

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:08 am

{{{I can smell peppermint! Whats he up to?  Suspect }}}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:11 am

Powerful.... phew... My eyes are watering....

{{{What the fook's going on...? It's Hebridean Marsh Peppermint if I didn't know better...and my Ozhobbitstani peppermint is being sulllied by it -- full sullied!  Mad }}}

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:15 am

Maybe you need to sing some more  Nod 

{{Thats Rushet Bog peppermint or Im Queen Tin! Must get him to stop whatever he is scheming, no matter the cost, even crooning- I still have those bukie bottle tops I can always stick them in my ears  Nod }}}}

Yes, I just consulted my Buckie Medical book  study  (its quite large) and it states unequivocally that watering eyes is caused by a lack of dancing and singing on tables (and buckie).  
So I am afraid you have to sing, for medical reasons Nod 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:50 am

It is rather worrying you want to see me sing and dance. Don't you think I've embarrassed myself enough on this thread already?

{{{Mmm.. but then, I don't know how low I can go.... mmm... I think I have a plan.... it may take awhile to organize... like where's the strap for my guitar to begin with...?  Suspect }}}

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:42 am

YOUR HEAD IS IN A VERY STRANGE PLACE

The bees in your bonnet are buzzing about,
You say, sooner or later they’ll have to come out,
What will happen then is open to some doubt.
Will you knock down bitches that stand in your way?
Kiss the girl next door, yeah turn a little Gay?
Or just sit back on your arse do nothing all day?      

Your head is in a very strange place.

Will you apply black lipstick ‘cause you’re in a dark mood?
Criticize your hips as you stand in the nude?
Tell yourself it can’t be you, it must be the food?
Will you buy a new dress you just can’t afford?
Murder your man with a cutting board?
Or just check yourself into a psychiatric ward?  

Will you put out the kiddies with the cat tonight?
But hold their Teddy Bears very very tight?
Wondering how you came to live a disconnected life?
Will you take a few pills or fill to the gills,
with neat whiskey, take a risk for the thrill?
Drive too fast, leave it all to God’s will?

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:30 am

I have to say Orwell, I love the lyrics ! How many lives does that touch ?? How many lives where the words are 'spot on' ??  Nod

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:51 am

Spot on? Its a bloody cheek is what it is. He's been sneaking into my barrel and reading my diary again  Mad 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:55 am

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next