Orwell
halfwise
Pettytyrant101
14 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Orwell's Mobile Songs - Page 5 Empty Re: Orwell's Mobile Songs

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:48 pm

cheers Wonderful toe-tapping stuff! And a quality crabbit face too! Twisted Evil 

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:55 pm

I always seek to please... myself, that is.  Very Happy 

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:59 pm

Well I hope you never put that on youtube!!  affraid 

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:21 am

Shocked Oooh.. I will only ever go so far...  I'm not mad, you know! Very Happy

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:50 pm

This is the homework my psychologist set me. Write a song. I said, "You name the topic." He said, "Do Gooders." I've done my homework. I'm hoping I pass the test!

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:57 pm

Orwell wrote:This is the homework my psychologist set me. Write a song. I said, "You name the topic." He said, "Do Gooders." I've done my homework. I'm hoping I pass the test!

I liked that, vaguely reminiscent of Velvet Underground, but with less heroin. Nod

And whilst I applaud your psychiatrists attempts I am afraid I have to cast a shadow of doubt over their credentials.
Unless I am mistaken so far they have not recommended a course of buckie, which everyone knows is the first and best way to stop any thoughts which are troubling you, or in fact any thoughts of any kind whatsoever. Twisted Evil drunken

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:34 am

I always had the idea that a depressed person should drink depressants as two depressants make a positive! I don't know what's wrong with psychologists nowadays. Shrugging

In conversation, mine was mourning the loss of the Shame Technique for Anxiety. You know, go and busk and emabarrass yourself. When you see it doesn't kill you, it can help with your anxiety. I actually agree - though I guess it would depend on the client.  He suggested I start busking. All the voices I'm hearing are saying that, and real voices too, not just my friendly imaginary voices  Very Happy (and even the one who doesn't like me...! I call him Lucifer... Twisted Evil )

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:21 am

Very Happy I like that one,
Go busk, yer big cuddly roo, before the cops get ya  Nod  It will be fun in the sunshine, you'll enjoy yourself & forget whats bothering you.  sunny  We have buskers in my town. School kids to old fogeys. The kids are belting out Hendrix & the crinkleys are thumping out the same 3 bars over & over but, they seem happy ? The crowds just mill past, getting on with life, Its the unusual ones that get the dosh. There was a man who made these puppets 'dance' to him playing a violin, got a lot of onlookers & raised a fair amount to boot.

Orwell's Mobile Songs - Page 5 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Orwell's Mobile Songs - Page 5 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:53 am

Even my psychologst says I should start busking - and told me about two good places to do it! It's a conspiracy I says -- and me not usually into conspiracies! He even asked if I'd help start up a Men's Shed where Men play music and find friendship.  (I don't mind, I guess, so long as the groupies are female!  Mad ) I could organise it - though I'm not sure if I want the committment after all the hours I put into building a basketball club a few years back!

As to being moved on by the cops. They will probably know me.... which would not necessarily mean they won't move me on...  Very Happy 

Here's another one I wrote recently. As time goes on I'll decide which ones I think work best and hone them for a busking performance, methinks! Shrugging

Thank ye, stone the crows, you honey sweet daggy arsehole you, Azriel!  Nod (Which is not to say I don't find your daggy arsehole just as sweet, Petty -- though I wonder if I might have phrased that better! scratch )

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:11 am

We have "Men sheds" here  Very Happy They are getting more popular, (cant think why  scratch ) Good excuse to play with trains again in a collective secret order if you ask me  Nod Thats another song I like, whats going on ? Your pumping them out faster than I can FFFFFFrrtt, & believe me, thats no mean feat !  Rolling Eyes Your the only one in my life thats EVER called me a daggy arse'ole & made me laugh !  Laughing {{{ Petty, on the other hand (is that a metaphor?) if hes like his cats, (& mine do it also !) he will have twigs, bracken, slugs  pale  & thorny things stuck in his.............so, no, }}}

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:54 pm

I'd say you should too, Orwell.  Nod 

Me and my brother used to do it a while ago just two voices and two guitars, doing harmonies and stuff. And looking back at it it was a lot of fun.

Just remember that you're doing it because you enjoy playing music, and I'm sure you'll have a good experience.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:38 pm

I shouldn't spoil you guys like this --- but sometimes I feel like I am an indulgent Father to you all, methinks.   Nod

Two old songs I've never inflicted on others. Lke new in that I never got around to honing them nor have I played them for yonks.

Notice  Love is Unintentional is filmed in widescreen, Petty.Very Happy  And you dare at times to doubt my technical knowhow!  Mad

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:51 pm

I really like the first one, (love is unintentional) happy bouncy tune, if that dont get them bopping then I give up.  Very Happy

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:53 pm

:carrot: 
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:10 pm

azriel wrote:I really like the first one, (love is unintentional) happy bouncy tune, if that dont get them bopping then I give up.  Very Happy

Thank ye.  pub 

You know guys, any song that promotes love between cannibals and gets carrots up and dancing ( :carrot: ) surely has to be considered in my playlist!  Very Happy 

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:25 pm

Shame Technique for anxiety?

is that why telling Petty to Bog Off is so theraputic?  Saucy Wink 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:33 pm

Dance Version for my (prospective) Groupies, Azriel and Dave. cheers

{{{Admittedly, partly due to vaguely remembering how I actually played it way back when. Embarassed }}}

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:36 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:Shame Technique for anxiety?

is that why telling Petty to Bog Off is so theraputic?  Saucy Wink 

I don't see why not. {{{And no harm done. It only being Petty we're talking about.  Very Happy }}}

Now, this is my mobile song thread, Mrs Figg. I hope you're not using it just to diss on Petty. I do hope also you're taking notes on the songs so when I ask what songs are good enough for Public consumption you can lend me your learnéd views!  Shrugging

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:57 pm

Bluebottle wrote:I'd say you should too, Orwell.  Nod 

Me and my brother used to do it a while ago just two voices and two guitars, doing harmonies and stuff. And looking back at it it was a lot of fun.

Just remember that you're doing it because you enjoy playing music, and I'm sure you'll have a good experience.  

I've done solo stuff and band stuff but always at venues -- but out in the weather though... What if a bird poops on me! --- or someone asks for change of $1.00?  Shocked 

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:39 am

Orwell wrote: What if a bird poops on me!

Isn't that what a Black Akubra Hat is for? 
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:20 am

No mention of bird poop...  scratch {{{Nor firweworks neither, come to think...  Very Happy }}}

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:05 am

I remember this one !  Very Happy It was the first song I had heard ! I thought then...."is this guy in a band ?" Your slow,Joe, you wanna do this, I can tell, so fook off & do it !  Very Happy Stop dilling your dally & SSSSSSSSSING
Even if its once a month, what the hey ? you'll love it so much people will be scraping you drunkenly off the floor like boozy velcro. Grab life by the throat, you dont go backwards getting younger, you go forwards getting older ! And you fooking know it. Ive got more regrets than 'have dones' & the pattern's gotta change ! This 'eres fighting talk bouy !  Cool

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:08 am

Dave's a good lad, he can play percussion on the carrots  Nod  Very Happy {{{after all, hes got a field full}}} and as for his sweet.......juicy.......pips..........?
{{{cranberries to you & me  Rolling Eyes }}} Im sure he can do something with those ? nimble fingers & all ?

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:40 pm

I was in a band! The song was recorded by band members and an extra guitar palyer (who played on Black Akubra Hat). I left the band before we could start playing Black Akubra Hat live though. (I think we could have improved it with time and live performances). Good days. We were beginning to get a following for the originals I was writing, but pressure started mounting at home. Two young kids and shift work as a copper. I had to choose between different lives in the end. I both regret and don't regret the choice I made. Following your dreams often means leaving your loved ones behind, I wasn't prepared to do that. Maybe busking would ease some of that pain - or that sense of dreams lost. Life is a veil of tears, what. Mind you, there are plenty of people in the world who haven't got the liberty of feeling sorry for themselves and indulging in well fed middle class good healthed angst like I do - they have real troubles (physical and mental) to deal with. So it's nor all so bad really. And not everyone has got Forumshire to post their stuff on neither...  Very Happy

{{{I'd rather not talk about Dave's juicy pips}}}

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:13 pm

are you trying to say I know Daves pips personally ?  Suspect 
Your right, things often gotta give, Its hard to split yourself into different people to suit different phases in your life. especially if there's a lot of responsibility on your shoulders !Emotions creep in & optimism creeps out. but, local pubs ? now & again ? If you've got support from friends & family ? See it as a hobby thats a bit more 'out there' then other peoples hobbies ? If nothing else, at least I can say, "yeah, I know him, I saw him & heard his music on this wacky forum I go on  Laughing " & that makes me happy, just to have had the privilege.  Nod

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next