Would you like to see the Hobbit remade in the future.

+11
Eldorion
malickfan
azriel
Norc
RA
bungobaggins
Mrs Figg
Pettytyrant101
Radaghast
Sinister71
Johnnyd
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Would you like to see the Hobbit remade in the future. - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you like to see the Hobbit remade in the future.

Post by Radaghast Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:47 am

halfwise wrote:Orcs with big round eyes and hair ribbons.
And giant drops of sweat on their foreheads.
Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Would you like to see the Hobbit remade in the future. - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you like to see the Hobbit remade in the future.

Post by Sinister71 Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:26 am

Eldorion wrote:But seriously, no all-CGI animation in Middle-earth, please.
isn't that what we pretty much gotten already Eldo? There were whole scenes with digital doubles made up completely in the computer...Without a single actor doing anything but wearing a gimp suit with little white dots on it...

With all the green screen, digital doubles, lack of practical effects and miniatures, Whole environments that were green screen and animated in later. Characters that were completely animated like Azog and Bolg, Gollum and Beorn's bear form, all pixels on a computer screen instead of REAL actors showing up in the finished film. Mo-cap is cool, but it still is not the actor physically on the screen no matter how good their performance is.
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:47 am

Eldorion wrote:
halfwise wrote:Orcs with big round eyes and hair ribbons.
Your knowledge of anime is as all-encompassing as your knowledge of hip hop, Halfy! Very Happy
At least I think anime is adorable.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnnyd Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:37 am

Sinister71 the Hobbit feel more like a live action pixel movie then a real live movie am sure the Dos barrel part going feel more like a donkey kong game.

Johnnyd
Lucky Number

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:45 am

Would you like to see the Hobbit remade in the future. - Page 2 Mirkwoodrapids

http://helob.deviantart.com/gallery/
https://stopthesecrecy.net/

Would you like to see the Hobbit remade in the future. - Page 2 WiuVcmi
Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnnyd Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:52 am

Coming soon to Wet 'n Wild water park near you.

Johnnyd
Lucky Number

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:43 am

Of course I'd like to see The Hobbit remade. Not right away of course, a good eight or ten years down the road. Maybe. If ever.
Yeah, nevermind; I don't want any Gandalf but Ian McKellen.
No. No remake thanks. Let it lie.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:18 am

wait eight-ten years but u still want ian mckellen? well.. if you think he'll be around and kicking by then, suuuure...
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:41 am

I was changing my mind mid-paragraph. I don't want any other adaptation as the new Gandalf would not sit right with me.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:47 am

I agree about Sir Ian, he has kind of ruined it for future Gandalfs. I cant imagine anyone else playing him.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:53 pm

Forest Shepherd wrote:I was changing my mind mid-paragraph. I don't want any other adaptation as the new Gandalf would not sit right with me.
What if he was replaced with a young, handsome version of Gandalf with a short beard (three-day stubble should do it), black, of course? I think that would be an improvement, the "old gray wizard" character has grown stale in my opinion. Better freshen up the story, the sooner the better I say Nod

Would you like to see the Hobbit remade in the future. - Page 2 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:55 pm

Gandalfs one of the easier to replace roles I'd say- big beard and a common enough type of gruff Shakespeare older actor voice but with a twinkle in it- job done- Hordern is better than McKellan in my view, closer to book Gandalf with a bit more crabbit about him but I can accept either in the role, no reason someone else shouldnt come along and do it as well in the future.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:57 pm

Still, you have to take into account the respective material they had to work with. Shrugging 

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:59 pm

True, I am sure Sir Ian would do the role just as well if he was given the full role like Hordern was to play.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:12 pm

In my own mind I always imaged Alec Guiness as Gandalf, (with John Gielgud as Denethor and Daniel Day-Lewis as Aragorn) but McKellan made it his own, and I must agree with Petty that the part is not so hard to cast. The Harry Potter wizards would do as well.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:16 pm

halfwise wrote:The Harry Potter wizards would do as well.
Now, that's practically all the male characters in the book, Halfwise Very Happy Jokes aside, I believe Michael Gambon would be a much better Gandalf than he was Dumbledore, Dumbledore was all wrong for me after Richard Harris passed away. Gambon can do a pissed off wizard, though, so he'd probably be a good Gandalf Nod

Would you like to see the Hobbit remade in the future. - Page 2 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:48 pm

To be honest I dont think either of them got Dumbledore right. Harris was too old and weary, and Gambon too ..too..er...fidgety.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:12 pm

Sinister71 wrote:isn't that what we pretty much gotten already Eldo? There were whole scenes with digital doubles made up completely in the computer...Without a single actor doing anything but wearing a gimp suit with little white dots on it...

With all the green screen, digital doubles, lack of practical effects and miniatures, Whole environments that were green screen and animated in later. Characters that were completely animated like Azog and Bolg, Gollum and Beorn's bear form, all pixels on a computer screen instead of REAL actors showing up in the finished film. Mo-cap is cool, but it still is not the actor physically on the screen no matter how good their performance is.
Excessive use of CGI special effects in a live-action movie isn't the same thing as an all-CGI cartoon. It's the difference between this:

Would you like to see the Hobbit remade in the future. - Page 2 Rhzrwux
Excessive amounts of CGI but aside from the wonky color grading still looks more or less like the rest of the live-action stuff.

And this:

Would you like to see the Hobbit remade in the future. - Page 2 3YDRteI
Actually completely animated. Very well done, but I don't think the all-CGI style is very good for Middle-earth.

But I'm somewhat biased since I'm a big fan of traditional animation.

Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:13 pm

halfwise wrote:At least I think anime is adorable.
I'm gonna guess that the last time you watched anime is about the same time as you last listened to hip hop: circa 1991. Wink
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:23 pm

I would love that look for ME. The characters would have to be less caricatured, of course, but they would all have the right proportions.

http://helob.deviantart.com/gallery/
https://stopthesecrecy.net/

Would you like to see the Hobbit remade in the future. - Page 2 WiuVcmi
Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:44 pm

no matter how good animation is, facial expressions are not very noo-anced. maybe one day you wont be able to tell who is real and who is cgi but at the moment its just not perfect.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:09 pm

I think Pixar and some other studios do a good job of it. Also, at the very least it wouldn't be hard to replicate Elijah's Wood's expressions Twisted Evil Wink

But I guess it's all pretty moot to debate the point.
Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:22 pm

Mad 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:26 pm

Sofa 
Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:07 pm

Kissing 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next