Would you like to see the Hobbit remade in the future.

+11
Eldorion
malickfan
azriel
Norc
RA
bungobaggins
Mrs Figg
Pettytyrant101
Radaghast
Sinister71
Johnnyd
15 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Would you like to see the Hobbit remade in the future. Empty Would you like to see the Hobbit remade in the future.

Post by Johnnyd Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:01 pm

Would any of you would like to see the Hobbit movie remade in the future by a director who stay true to the source. I would love to see the hobbit film shoot in England I would love to see erebor and the misty moutains film in the Scottish highlands and dale looking like a british medieval city instead of a mediterranean looking city and they also should used real medieval city caves and forest and shooting real locations outside and ever orc and goblin should be prosthetics and used of miniatures. What good locations in England is good to film the hobbit remade.

Johnnyd
Lucky Number

Back to top Go down

Would you like to see the Hobbit remade in the future. Empty Re: Would you like to see the Hobbit remade in the future.

Post by Sinister71 Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:13 pm

Johnnyd wrote:Would any of you would like to see the Hobbit movie remade  in the future by a director who stay true to the source. I would love to see the hobbit film shoot in England  I would love to see erebor and the misty moutains film in the Scottish highlands  and dale looking like a british medieval city instead of a mediterranean looking city and they also should used real medieval city caves and forest and shooting real locations outside and ever orc and goblin should be prosthetics and used of miniatures. What good locations in England is good to film the hobbit remade.

YES!!! Its no secret how I feel about Jackson's treatment of Tolkien's book. I personally hope for a remake by a director who cares about the source material and not what he can make the source material into. I don't think it should be shot exclusively anywhere. I feel NZ got alot of the landscapes right, but not all of them.There are some landscapes in England, Scotland, and Ireland that would fit also some American landscapes that would look great on film and help create a well rounded middle earth. (i personally have seen some woodlands that would make a perfect Fangorn Forest). And I'm a big believer on practical effects mixed with CGI when necessary. Definitely Jackson over did the CGI. IMO CGI should be used to highlight real things or create things that are just impossible to be done practically. Orcs and goblins should almost always be men in suits IMO. Everything in the Hobbit book in Jackson's version has been altered in some way which is completely unnecessary as far as I am concerned. Everything in the book would work well on film if given the proper treatment by someone who has great passion for Tolkien's work.
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Would you like to see the Hobbit remade in the future. Empty Re: Would you like to see the Hobbit remade in the future.

Post by Radaghast Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:15 pm

I'd like to see all the films remade, preferably with animation.

http://helob.deviantart.com/gallery/
https://stopthesecrecy.net/

Would you like to see the Hobbit remade in the future. WiuVcmi
Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:18 pm

I know people want to know where Gandalf went and what he was doing but personally I would leave it vague and not really show where he went. In my version he would mention having to deal with something and not really explain much, like in the book. Then show back up to stop the good people of middle earth from killing each other out of the blue... Not every character needs to be seen thru the whole film except Bilbo. (you know that guy Jackson made a secondary character)That is part of the enjoyable part of the Hobbit, it is a linear story which doesn't have 48 different plots and story lines to follow. Jackson made the Hobbit too confusing, and congested IMO. Sometimes less is more.
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:33 pm

It would be nice if they shot the Shire in England in the sort of countryside Tolkien grew up in and was picturing, and at least the grass would be the right length, colour and species Mad 

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:30 pm

I would like all trolls to be banned from Middle Earth. personally I would zap them with my lightsabre. Suspect 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:03 pm

No, I wouldn't want to see them remade. Just stop making these movies, please. I'm sure there would be things I wouldn't like about another filmmakers interpretation, just as there are things that I despise about PJ's "interpretation."

I'd like to see more original stories from Hollywood, and less capitalizing on existing franchises. Less book adaptations, more best original screenplays.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:09 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:I would like all trolls to be banned from Middle Earth. personally I would zap them with my lightsabre. Suspect 
Wink 

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:11 pm

Would you like to see the Hobbit remade in the future. Lightsaber

I'm gonna get you. You guys are goin' down.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:15 pm

bungobaggins wrote:No, I wouldn't want to see them remade. Just stop making these movies, please. I'm sure there would be things I wouldn't like about another filmmakers interpretation, just as there are things that I despise about PJ's "interpretation."

I'd like to see more original stories from Hollywood, and less capitalizing on existing franchises. Less book adaptations, more best original screenplays.
I'd be okay with this too.

Of course, the movies won't be remade; probably not this generation or many generations after.
Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:21 pm

yes, sure why not. can have too many sherlock holmes adaptions or too many hamlets.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:21 pm

Radaghast wrote:I'd like to see all the films remade, preferably with animation.
oooh, yes Very Happy find some really good animaters that would be awesome Nod
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:28 pm

Norc wrote:
Radaghast wrote:I'd like to see all the films remade, preferably with animation.
oooh, yes Very Happy find some really good animaters that would be awesome Nod
When I watched Brave, it occurred to me how brilliant that look would be for Tolkien's stories, but I wouldn't be averse to traditional animation.
Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:38 pm

i think a really good drawn animation would feel a lot more epic than digital. maybe some really good anime animators, although they're characters sometimes end up looking like each other.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:02 pm

I want HBO/BBC to do a tv series.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:15 pm

Id like a TV series ! Kept to the book as dam close as possible, done by the BBC. It would be something to look forward to each week. THEN you could include Tom Bombadil, Glorfindel et al ! NZ has had its bite of the cherry, lets have ME more THIS direction. Great Britain & a lot of Europe have fine locations also Nod 

Would you like to see the Hobbit remade in the future. Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Would you like to see the Hobbit remade in the future. Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:22 pm

Thumbs Up  better
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:31 pm

Yeah, I'd prefer a TV series too.

http://helob.deviantart.com/gallery/
https://stopthesecrecy.net/

Would you like to see the Hobbit remade in the future. WiuVcmi
Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:46 pm

bungobaggins wrote:Would you like to see the Hobbit remade in the future. Lightsaber

I'm gonna get you. You guys are goin' down.
No ur goin' down...

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:15 am

Would I like to see a remake of the Hobbit?

Meh.

On the one hand almost all of me want the books left alone, as I feel any adaption will be permanently warped by Jackson's interpretation, and frankly The Books were written to be read not rewritten.

If it were remade I would be open to a two or three hour handrawn animated movie (in the vein of the childrens fairytale spirit of the book with NO ties to the wider mythos-no subplots or appendices shizzle-just adapt the book) OR a four to seven hour 'Quest for Erebor' minseries-a faithful yet more adult spin on the material using ACCURATE info from The Sil, UFT and the Appendices to fill in the gaps TOLKIEN INTENDED to fill in-no romance Azog or Radghastly b*llocks for a start...

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:11 am

I didn't want The Hobbit to be made into a movie in the first place. Trollface

Alright, that's not entirely true, but still.  I think The Hobbit is exceptionally poorly-suited to adaptation into a blockbuster film, and I say this as someone who really likes well-made blockbusters.  In the right hands though, it could probably make a really neat children's movie.  Not in the same way that it was done by Rankin/Bass, although the idea of an animated Middle-earth is intriguing.  It's not something I'd thought about much until recently (I guess due to having been so put off by the '70s animated movies), but someone brought up the same idea in another thread recently and I started wondering how it would turn out.  I think the medium of animation would probably lend itself better to some of the more fantastical elements of The Hobbit, but on the other hand I do very much like PJ/Weta's interpretation of Lee's and Howe's (and, unofficially, Nasmith's) work.  So the creature of habit in me says stick to live-action. Razz But it could work either way.

Such a film is highly unlikely to be made any time soon though, so I'm not eagerly awaiting the prospect of a remake.  Any such attempt would inevitably end up aping PJ's films.  Maybe if they tried again in 40 years. Shrugging
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:15 am

Norc wrote:i think a really good drawn animation would feel a lot more epic than digital. maybe some really good anime animators, although they're characters sometimes end up looking like each other.
Character designs by Naoki Urasawa.

Music by Yuki Kajiura.

Written and directed by Hiroyuki Okiura.

Straight into my veins.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:16 am

But seriously, no all-CGI animation in Middle-earth, please.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:27 am

Eldorion wrote:
Norc wrote:i think a really good drawn animation would feel a lot more epic than digital. maybe some really good anime animators, although they're characters sometimes end up looking like each other.
Character designs by Naoki Urasawa.

Music by Yuki Kajiura.

Written and directed by Hiroyuki Okiura.

Straight into my veins.

Orcs with big round eyes and hair ribbons.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:43 am

halfwise wrote:Orcs with big round eyes and hair ribbons.
Your knowledge of anime is as all-encompassing as your knowledge of hip hop, Halfy! Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next