Mrs Figg
halfwise
Ringdrotten
Pettytyrant101
RA
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Lord of the Rings rating? - Page 3 Empty Re: Lord of the Rings rating?

Post by Tinuviel Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:58 pm

I was really young when I saw the films for the first time, so my long lasting impression of the films has been that they are fantastic. I literally watched them at least once a week. When I heard that they were books first, I couldn't understand how. I read the Hobbit in fourth grade and was very much so hoping to see Legolas in Mirkwood and everyone else from Lord of the Rings. I wasn't heart broken when I didn't, but rather confused as to why they weren't there.
Anyway, when I eventually got to reading the books and understanding them and in conjunction with all the opinions on the forum, I started to see the films as something to be picked apart and analyzed.
So for films in general:
FOTR: 8/10
TT: 7/10
ROTK: 9/10

Adaptations:
FOTR: 6/10
TT: 5/10
ROTK: 7/10
I personally don't like the inclusion of Arwen throughout TT, just because it detracts from the main story and the flashbacks were really confusing. I thought Aragorn was really dreaming! It also feels really bare, like so much is missing from it. And Faramir doesn't help.
ROTK I thought was the most faithful to the events that occured in the book, not neccessarily the details. Arguably the whole Shelob bit is different, but essentially everything from the book is in there, if only for a second or so. Scourging would have been another fifteen minutes added on, so I understand why that was taken out...

Lord of the Rings rating? - Page 3 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:42 pm

For me LOTR is a treat, I watch them and all my cynicism flies out the window, I just get caught up with the High Romance and the music and everything. I could watch the Whole EE extravaganza and feel that I probably will never feel so deeply about a film ever again.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:34 pm

I got my new monitor set up with the nice speakers. Once I get the Blu-ray software, I'll give Lotr another go.

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3