DOS Trailer #2 - Page 3 Empty Re: DOS Trailer #2

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:46 pm

LOTR was competent cinema!- Ally

But an incompetent adaptation. Nod 

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:48 pm

Beorns looks like a werewolf from the mouth up. He seems to have wolf ears and a wolf shaped head. Evil or Very Mad 

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:58 pm

bungobaggins wrote:Hammond = Jackson : Lawyer Guy = Fanboys : Malcolm = You? Me? Critics?

the last 2 seconds are exactly my thoughts. Too concerned with whether they could to think about whether they should. Only difference in this video and Jackson is at the end Hammond realizes the error of his ways. Jackson never will
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:01 pm

AMEN to that!

And who ever said that Legolas was using Orcrist is right; I saw it too when I watched the trailer! And Legolas's face looks really dirty. It might just be the abnormally bright eyes, but ??

But why would Leggy have Orcrist? Did he steal it? And why are they all in Dale?

DOS Trailer #2 - Page 3 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:10 pm

Looks like del Toro is back on the credits for screenplay again. Poor guy.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:14 pm

Maybe PJ and Boyens are trying to spread the blame.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:19 pm

they aren't willing to take all the blame? Hmmmm when I distinctly remember them saying they rewrote most of the film and there was barely any DelToro in the first one and that his credit was basically out of respect. So where is there any DelToro in the second one. sounds like a pay off to me. Maybe DelToro was gonna come clean about his departure from the film if they didn't bribe him. Laughing 

Suspect  NEVERMIND I'LL BE OVER HERE KEEPING MY MOUTH SHUT Suspect
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:10 pm

Eldorion wrote:Close-up of Beorn looking not entirely bear-like (hat-tip to Fleuz from the TORn forums).

DOS Trailer #2 - Page 3 Zqicjikh
*cringe* Underworld much? At least he is more bear-like than the wargs are wolf-like.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:19 pm

Maybe Beorn is mid shapeshift rushing back home to stop Gandalf discovering his secret stash of weed?

Anyway thoughts on the trailer:...

Well, I officially have no cuase to complain about this being a piss poor adapation of The Hobbit, as once again it seems Jackson is directing a fantasy spin off of Indiana Jones 4.

Still, MUCH better editied trailer, and it does point to a more epic, if not enjoyable film.Cumberbatch and Lee Pace OWN that trailer, liking the scale of Dol Guldor, and the design for the Wood Elves and Smaug

Not sold on the ninja planks apparent romance but hey ho, It's clear to all that it ain't Tolkien so this nothing to complain about in that regard. Could be a cheesy mess though.

CGI still shite, Azog still should fuck right of immediately and Thorin apparently seems to have gone back to hating Bilbo.

And what is up with the dammed eye? Which never actually directly appeared in the books anyway (as far as I can remember...)

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:22 pm

I actually hated Bilbo's line delivery in the trailer. It doesn't sound pert and hobbit-like at all. It doesn't sound like flattery, more like stammering and terror. He has to have a reason to berate himself "you've really stuck your foot in it, Bilbo you fool!" as he runs up the tunnel fleeing from an enraged dragon. I just don't see that developing from this delivery. No pluckishness, none at all.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:32 pm

What I liked:

All the shots with Bilbo and the spiders. He's looking very brave at 0:59.

1:10-1:25. In terms of just a trailer I like the use of the music and editing here. I also like the exchange between Bilbo and Gandalf.

That's about it.

A question: How can there be an entire orc army in Dol Guldur, but there is no trace of it when Radagast investigates it in AUJ and now when Gandalf is there in DOS??

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:42 pm

halfwise wrote:I actually hated Bilbo's line delivery in the trailer.  It doesn't sound pert and hobbit-like at all.  It doesn't sound like flattery, more like stammering and terror.  He has to have a reason to berate himself "you've really stuck your foot in it, Bilbo you fool!" as he runs up the tunnel fleeing from an enraged dragon.  I just don't see that developing from this delivery.  No pluckishness, none at all.
I can kinda see what you mean, but to be Honest Bilbo had some of the same problems in The Thorin An Unepected Rewrite, I'm not going to judge this scene on a few sound bites thrown togther to sell the film's plot, and I guess since there is a huge ferking dragon in front of him, the modern and expected idea would be to run away-Jackson has proven time and again whilst he might be pretty familar with the story itself I seriously doubt he gets the intended purpose or sources behind them.

Look at riddles in the dark-best scene in AUJ, superly acted and shot...but to me still had the feel of a fans service 'hey look its Gollum ta da!' and with the decidely modern humour, dialogue and action sequences the idea of a polite riddles game coming out of knowhere didn't entirely convince me-I personally wouldn't have been surprised if Jackson would have jettisoned Tolkiens riddles and rewrote them if he could to be more modern-the story is there, but the spirit really isn't.

But maybe Sin is just having too much of an influence on me...

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:44 pm

bungobaggins on answer to you question about Orc Armies...

These are the oscar winnning screenwriters behind LOTR, so I'm sure they have a perfectly genuine to hand.

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:54 pm

Maybe Sauron has each orc individually stored inside a pokéball. That could, potentially, save a lot of space.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:58 pm

Oh that's clever! He only has to shout/mumble "Oooooorc I choooooose yoooooooouh" once (he does speak rather slow) and Hey presto! Instant orc army! Neat!

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:01 pm

bungobaggins wrote:
A question: How can there be an entire orc army in Dol Guldur, but there is no trace of it when Radagast investigates it in AUJ and now when Gandalf is there in DOS??
Would you stop trying to be consistent! Evil or Very Mad You ruin the whole mood PJ has carefully constructed with bouncing dwarves and whatnot. Whatever has gotten into you? 

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:08 pm

Maybe Radagast was smoking too many mushrooms that day.

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:20 pm

malickfan wrote:But maybe Sin is just having too much of an influence on me...
WTF!!????!!

man what is it, am I having a bad influence over the whole film for everyone? I had a couple people who are regulars on other forums say I must be influencing them too. They were also wondering where I have been on TORn and had no clue I had been banned... Damn I'm good. I'm making people think about these films in comparison to the book.

My work here is done!  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:24 pm

bungobaggins wrote:What I liked:

All the shots with Bilbo and the spiders. He's looking very brave at 0:59.

1:10-1:25. In terms of just a trailer I like the use of the music and editing here. I also like the exchange between Bilbo and Gandalf.

That's about it.

I was wondering that myself where did this Orc army come from? and why didn't Radagast see them or at least signs of them. More Jackson made up content gotta love it. Extremely Crabbit 
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:31 pm

Sinister71 wrote:
WTF!!????!!

man what is it, am I having a bad influence over the whole film for everyone? I had a couple people who are regulars on other forums say I must be influencing them too. They were also wondering where I have been on TORn and had no clue I had been banned... Damn I'm good. I'm making people think about these films in comparison to the book.

YOU GO, SIN! Spread the crabbit! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:33 pm

Sinister71 wrote:
WTF!!????!!

Nod 

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:43 pm

Sinister71 wrote:
WTF!!????!!

Sin I was joking!

Reading and understanding Tolkien, actually caring about the Hobbit as a book, and not being willing to sit through three hour overblown bloated messy films is influencing my opinion perfectly fine.

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:45 pm

What if at the end of film three, it turns out this whole story was just a bad trip from Radagast's mind and Saruman was right?

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:48 pm

Recoveryanonymous wrote:What if at the end of film three, it turns out this whole story was just a bad trip from Radagast's mind and Saruman was right?
I'm not sure If I would be entirely pleased being duped into paying for three cinema tickets on the false pretences the filmakers gave a partial honest shit about adapting the film, then again Radghastly is pretty far out there so you never know.

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:54 pm

Recoveryanonymous wrote:What if at the end of film three, it turns out this whole story was just a bad trip from Radagast's mind and Saruman was right?
If that were the case I hope the Tolkien estate could find a loop hole and sue WB and Jackson for defamation of character against Tolkien and his works. Yeah I know far fetched but still. I can dream.
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next