Eldorion
Mrs Figg
Tinuviel
16 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

DOS Trailer #2 Empty DOS Trailer #2

Post by Tinuviel Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:12 pm

I just watched it! And I don't even know what to make of it. I don't understand most of what's going on, but all I do understand is that they are never thrown in prison, because apparently Thranduil lets them go? And Leggy and Tauriel have a thing, which is just so wrong for some many reasons. Why the dwarves seem to be attacked by Smaug and why Thorin is jumping off a ledge to escape dragon fire is beyond me. And apparently Smaug is blind. But what I do like is Luke Evans as Bard and just the overall feel of the trailer. I don't get as much of a nonsense kind of feeling that I got with the last trailer, this one feels like there's more of a story to the film, though how many stories crammed into one? I don't know. I'm genuinely more excited to see this now, just as it being a stand alone film.

But back to the issues...
On Thrandy letting them "go," I think it's just a misleading cut of the trailer. In the boat, the dwarves are stripped down to their underclothes, so I think they just got out of the barrels, and the line "how do we know he won't betray us" is directed towards Bard in reference to Thranduil, because in the last vlog we see that it is Bard who finds them after they climb out of the barrels. Really poorly done on the editor's part in my opinion.
The weird green hue in Erebor makes me feel like the place is radioactive. I guess I never really thought that the green stone was ever a good idea. And I'm especially sure of that now!
Leggy and Tauriel. Oi. Not smart for PJ to do. You've taken away the most eligible Fellowship member and have crushed the dreams of his doters. I can see this being the reason Legolas leaves for Rivendell; rejected by Tauriel, so what the hell? Yeah he'll go because he has nothing else now holding him back.
And finally, what are the thoughts here on Smaug's voice? I think the weird gravely noises ruin Cummberbatch's naturally deep dark voice.

DOS Trailer #2 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

DOS Trailer #2 Empty Re: DOS Trailer #2

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:36 pm

oh bollocks.

best thing. Cumberbums fantastic voice. worst thing. everything else. Shocked 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:45 pm

just watched a second time. Its truly horrible. theres a sick making romance between Tauriel and Legolas. The Eye of Sauron is back, just to hammer home, 'this is Sauron folks'. The cgi is crap, its confusing and weird. Its probably all made up dialogue, from what I heard its trite rubbish. bad bad bad. No 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:46 pm

Just watched the first trailer again. This one is the same exact scenes almost but different parts.

Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:48 pm

So it turns out that the Legolas/Tauriel romance is happening after all. Rolling Eyes Poor Kili (unless it was Fili). Sad

Tinuviel wrote:Just watched the first trailer again. This one is the same exact scenes almost but different parts.
There's a fair amount of new material in here. But all movies have overlap between their various trailers.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:49 pm

I'll second what Mrs Figg said about Cumberbatch's voice though. And honestly I'm not ready to write off the whole film yet. Yeah, it will have nothing to do with the book, but it might still be fun on its own terms. Might. :/
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:55 pm

Miscellaneous observations:

- The editors of the trailer are very tricksy, indeed.  They make it sound like Thorin is telling Thrandypants who they are, but they're the cutting between dialogue in Mirkwood and dialogue in Lake-town.

- The Necromancer has a full-fledged orc army in Dol Guldur.  We already knew from comments that there would be a big battle at Dol Guldur, but it appears that the battle will likely be full TTT/ROTK style.  The only question remaining is if it will happen late in DOS or early in TABA.

- As expected, they are undoing Thorin's inserted character development from the end of AUJ in order to continue the whole "doubting Bilbo" plot line.  This is hardly the first time that PJ and co have introduced inconsistencies because they change something and then change back closer to the book, but it's still frustrating.

- Smaug is clearly going to die in DOS as we have scenes of the destruction of Lake-town and half the trailer is clearly building up to that confrontation.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:10 pm

one small consolation, they seem to be making Thandypants a sympathetic hero figure, a kind of wise Elrond type willing to help them/give 'paternal' advice to Tauriel.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:10 pm

One more thought before I have to head out. I really like the Bilbo scenes in this trailer, especially the ones with Smaug at the beginning and end, and his exchange with Gandalf. It gives me hope for Martin Freeman's performance, which was already one of the better parts of AUJ (despite his trademark befuddlement). Smile

Also, I think I saw elves fighting spiders, so I wonder if they're the ones who rescue the dwarves or if the spiders come back again later.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:12 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:one small consolation, they seem to be making Thandypants a sympathetic hero figure, a kind of wise Elrond type willing to help them/give 'paternal' advice to Tauriel.
To be honest, his scene with Tauriel reminded me more of Elrond telling Aragorn to break up with Arwen than anything else. Razz

I am curious to see how the relationship between the elves and dwarves play out though, since it's supposed to be adversarial. Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:29 pm

I think Thranduil might be tricksy, saying he'll help them, but really just following them so he can take the gold himself. That, or trying to get information out of them. I don't think he'll be as receptive as Elrond, I mean he better not be, because he's not supposed to! I think the whole reason Thorin has an issue with elves revolves around the Mirkwood elves not helping them out. So maybe Thrandy is putting on a nice front, but then Thorin acts grumpy, pisses him off, and he throws them all in the dungeon. Whatever way you look at it, I don't see Bilbo helping them escape.

Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:29 pm

"There is no hope."
"Do not give him hope when there is none."

Gotta love that from the writers #easteregg

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:34 pm

Honestly I didn't mind most of the trailer. I took it for what it was. A continuation of AUJ. the only thing I completely despised was Tauriel and her poor line delivery. God her acting sucks in this film from what I have seen so far. Every line I have heard her deliver sounds awful.

I actually liked Cumberbatches voice as Smaug. I never figured it would be natural and left unaltered, so I really think its pretty cool.

I was a bit disappointed by the amount of reused scenes from trailer 1 and 2 with only differing dialogue. Many of the scenes are the same just cut a bit differently with additional dialogue over them. we did however get a brief glimpse of Beorn in bear form, Sauron will still be a great flaming eyeball apparently, and why the hell does he have an army of orcs in DolGuldur? so much for laying low to build up his poser I guess.

Jackson has no idea of when to hold back does he? Extremely Crabbit 

Suspect  NEVERMIND I'LL BE OVER HERE KEEPING MY MOUTH SHUT Suspect
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:37 pm

Tinuviel wrote:
DOS Trailer #2 Unsure-Larry-David

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:41 pm

tauriel's hair is impractically long for someone who does so much fighting

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:45 pm

Well that is easy to sum as an adaptation of TH- absolutely fucking disgraceful Evil or Very Mad 

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:46 pm

Stupendous? I thought it was Smaug the magnificent?

Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:47 pm

Everything just looks so fake.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:48 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Well that is easy to sum as an adaptation of TH- absolutely fucking disgraceful Evil or Very Mad 
I've honestly given up all hope of there being an adaptation of the Hobbit that resembles anything of Tolkien in there. No 

Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:50 pm

No  oh boy what a downer this trailer is. sux bad.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:50 pm

How can you say that??! PJ digs Tolkien

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:50 pm

looks like it might be a better FILM than the other one though

Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:52 pm

Tinuviel wrote:looks like it might be a better FILM than the other one though
Yeah, I'm with Tin here. AUJ already demonstrated that all hope of a faithful adaptation was lost (though it was fairly evident already Razz). I'm still hoping this will be a fun adventure flick.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:53 pm

Also, it appears that the Necromancer is already a disembodied flaming eyeball, which raises the question of how he moves from Dol Guldur to Mordor in time for LOTR?

DOS Trailer #2 XKRfayG

Spoiler:
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:53 pm

It has Orlando in, SO YES!

Ally
Wannabe Beard