Kafria
Ringdrotten
Pettytyrant101
32 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

News from the set Empty News from the set

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:02 pm

Now that things have moved onto rehearsals on set I thought we should have a section just for news gleaned from the set.

So first bit of news is from Sir Ian's blog;

"inside was the new set for Bag End, including a bedroom and pantry."

Two things strike me about this- only 1 pantry? And the bedroom I assume is there to give Bilbo somewhere to wake up and find the dwarves gone before he runs off without his handkerchief (I hope).

And second bit of news;

"I was at the cast’s first joint rehearsal where Peter Jackson, with Fran Walsh and Philippa Boyens, invited our comments on their script so far. This is as close to bliss as an actor can get. Facing three Oscar-winning screenplay writers who genuinely want us actors to contribute."

It might be bliss but how about making bloody use of it this time Sir Ian? Last time you let them replace Tolkien's beautiful prose with two old men stick fighting as well as numerous other crimes against Tolkien- I hope there's someone there this time with the balls to actually say when the thing sucks.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

News from the set Empty Re: News from the set

Post by Ringdrotten Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:13 pm

Well, I'm glad things are finally starting to happen, at least Very Happy And the bedroom is of course needed for the intimate scene with Bilbo and Itaril I love you

News from the set Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:41 pm

Nice to see things are gearing up nicely. It'll be good to have a place to discuss the news as it comes through!

mmmm.... that bedroom scene could certainly be interesting Ringdrotten, but PJ seemed to go for smoochie and soppy last time!! Very Happy

'A novel is a long piece of prose with ,in the eyes of the author at least, something wrong with it - Neil Gaiman, intro to American gods
Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:45 pm

You two are giving me a crabbit attack! Stop it. The bedroom is for bachelor Bilbo to go to bed in whilst the dwarves plan all night and to wake up in the morning- end of. I really will swing for PJ if its more than that- if I have to watch a 'love' scene between Frodo's parents to show his conception I know who to blame for it!! Evil or Very Mad

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:07 am

In PJ's version, Bilbo is a bachelor because he has commitment problems (which he will of course have to resolve on his "journey" throughout the films), and the bedroom is actually his love dungeon where he has wild swinger parties with all the fashionable lady Hobbits. Those Dwarves who will inevitably be made female will appear in the bedroom with Bilbo in at least one scene, the unrated version of which will be included in the DVD. Twisted Evil

Come on Petty, let the crabbit out of your system with this. Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:52 pm

Another place to spot news.. the official movie blog!

http://www.thehobbitblog.com/

Nothing much up yet, the cast photo and TORn latest Hobbit in 5 piece!

'A novel is a long piece of prose with ,in the eyes of the author at least, something wrong with it - Neil Gaiman, intro to American gods
Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:56 pm

And the latest from king under the mountain

According to rumours, today’s filming is happening at two locations — Wellington’s Stone Street Studios and the Hobbiton site in the Waikato town of Matamata.

Also, according to my sources, the day is scheduled to begin with a Powhiri — a Maori welcoming ceremony involving speeches, dancing, singing and finally the hongi — the pressing one’s nose to another person to exchange the breath of life. It will be a beautiful moment for the cast and crew, long remembered.

http://kingunderthemountain.com/

Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Saradoc Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:14 pm

I'm liking PJ on facebook, seems the best place to get all the accurate news without much hassle. It's quite funny really: there's literally hundreds and hundreds of Peter Jackson lovers all heaping praise on to him- i.e- "I hope you are feeling much better - You are the only one I trust with Middle Earth." and "you have made dreams and visions come true. thank you PJ." Not too many Tolkien purists liking him so far, that's all I can say" Despite his flaws, he's still much loved, and I can't wait see his version of The Hobbit" Smile
Saradoc
Saradoc
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:18 pm

There are no such things as purists or liberals - only those who were fooled by Peter Jackson and those who weren't. Isn't that right, Petty? Smile

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:31 pm

Well put sir.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:31 pm

And there is nothing to say you can't admire what he did on one level, without wishing some things had been different! Laughing

Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Saradoc Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:39 pm

Ringdrotten wrote:There are no such things as purists or liberals - only those who were fooled by Peter Jackson and those who weren't. Isn't that right, Petty? Smile

Smile

That's such a purist thing to say! How Purists can't accept that Peter Jackson is a worldclass film director, showered with a ton of awards for his adaptation of Tolkien's Lord of the Rings, is beyond me! Surely you can't mean this slander against PJ's reputable name?! How long ago did you give up wisdom for madness?!! :O

Sure, they maybe a few inconsistencies, a few bad scenes, a few bad films- but that's just being picky. Maybe he should have included the Scouring, maybe he shouldn't of included that scene with Frodo sending Sam away, heaven forbid, maybe he shouldn't have portrayed Merry & Pippin & Gimli as three pairs of massive ( Smile ) comical clowns. Those examples aside, you've got to admit he's a great man. Without him, I wouldn't have posted this message to a reply which would have never been said. Now doesn't that make you sad?! Smile
Saradoc
Saradoc
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:48 pm

"How Purists can't accept that Peter Jackson is a worldclass film director, showered with a ton of awards for his adaptation of Tolkien's Lord of the Rings, is beyond me! "- Saradoc

Well this purist accepts all those things. I have else where commented on Jacksons directing favourably, both in the past and in parts of LotR's. I have also given him due praise and respect for the monumental task of getting the films made in the first place. Accepting all this only makes it all the worse that the heart of the thing, the script, was never really finished or worked out properly, destroying so much potential and the good work that undoubtably is there, and peeps through on occasion.
As to the awards I believe the industry had its own reasons for that and huge financial box-office success played a factor. And as I have said before just because something is popular it does not always necessarily follow that it is good.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Saradoc Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:00 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:"How Purists can't accept that Peter Jackson is a worldclass film director, showered with a ton of awards for his adaptation of Tolkien's Lord of the Rings, is beyond me! "- Saradoc

Well this purist accepts all those things. I have else where commented on Jacksons directing favourably, both in the past and in parts of LotR's. I have also given him due praise and respect for the monumental task of getting the films made in the first place. Accepting all this only makes it all the worse that the heart of the thing, the script, was never really finished or worked out properly, destroying so much potential and the good work that undoubtably is there, and peeps through on occasion.
As to the awards I believe the industry had its own reasons for that and huge financial box-office success played a factor. And as I have said before just because something is popular it does not always necessarily follow that it is good.

A factor yes, but a bigger factor, a factor I consider much more important, are that the films really did inspire a whole new wave of Tolkien fans. Thousands of fans flocked to internet boards during the peak of the popularity of the films. It reminded people of Lord of the Rings in only a way that a blockbuster movie can, and as they've been able to milk the trilogy franchise for so long (Blu-ray EE has recently come out I think) shows the longevity of the movies that PJ managed to create, and they have to be good movies for that kind of thing to happen.

Apologies for assuming you were a "PJ hater". I'll try to enter more thorough research next time I decided to make unfounded claims, by reading around a little more. Apologies and I hope you're not to offended and forgive me!
Saradoc
Saradoc
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:06 pm

No apology needed. Ranting is so common on the internet its not surprising people come to expect it. But I am not a ranter I am a crabbit. Very different. PJ's LotR's don't fill me with pure hate (well not only), they fill me with sadness. That he would do so much and get so much right and yet neglect the most important thing of all, the script, that's unforgivable. That man broke my dream of seeing Tolkien on the big screen. What I got was increasingly PJ and the Coven and less and less Tolkien.
Now I'm sad and crabbit. Where's that buckie I'm going back to the surprise party?

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:37 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote: But I am not a ranter I am a crabbit.

lol! lol! lol!

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:27 pm

In celebration of filming beginning, I have to change my avatar to one of the newly released pictures. Petty, this one's for you. Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:41 pm

Eldo that is just..... I'm SPEECHLESS! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:58 pm

How about this one? Very Happy

News from the set Peter-jackson-oscars

How he deserved those Oscars, what great adaptations his films are I love you

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:15 pm

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad drunken drunken drunken drunken Wink Question Shocked Mad drunken drunken drunken Very Happy Laughing Laughing Twisted Evil drunken Wink Question scratch drunken drunken Wink bounce bounce cheers drunken Rolling Eyes Mad Mad drunken Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Sad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Saradoc Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:46 pm

Now he's eradicated some of that surplus flab, I think he actually looks pretty attractive now. Kind of need someone to back me up and agree with me here, otherwise this entire post was a joke! Smile
Saradoc
Saradoc
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:50 pm

Meh, maybe if he got a comb. Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Wisey Banks Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:52 pm

You heard it here,
I tell no lie,

Saradoc has
a PJ
in his eye,

A little twinkly loving glint,

That's why I sit
shudder
blink!

From "Saradoc Loves Peter Jackson: An Elegy" by Flotilla the Hun.

Wise Odo
Wisey Banks
Wisey Banks
Chief Forumshire Channeller

Back to top Go down

Post by Squach Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:20 pm

Petty, what about this?
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Smile Smile Smile Sad Sad Sad Surprised Surprised Surprised Shocked Shocked Shocked Cool Cool Cool Laughing Laughing Laughing Mad Mad Mad Razz Razz Razz Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Wink Wink Wink Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Question Question Question Idea Idea Idea Arrow Arrow Arrow Neutral Neutral Neutral What a Face What a Face What a Face Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Suspect Suspect Suspect I love you I love you I love you No No No @ @ @ cyclops cyclops cyclops clown clown clown pirat pirat pirat tongue tongue tongue silent silent silent pale pale pale alien alien alien cat cat cat monkey monkey monkey pig pig pig rabbit rabbit rabbit bounce bounce bounce confused confused confused affraid affraid affraid Basketball Basketball Basketball cheers cheers cheers bom bom bom drunken drunken drunken Sleep Sleep Sleep sunny sunny sunny albino albino albino cherry cherry cherry santa santa santa rendeer rendeer rendeer farao farao farao king king king queen queen queen jocolor jocolor jocolor geek geek geek scratch scratch scratch study study study elephant elephant elephant flower flower flower afro afro afro lol! lol! lol!

lol lol!

I like poking things with sticks. Get over it.
Bouncy bouncy  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bouncy bouncy Smile
Your mum.
Squach
Squach
Princess Of All Things Fashionable

Location : Brit-rain. Yorkshire, yo. On the sofa poking Kafria.

Back to top Go down

Post by Saradoc Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:34 pm

Wisey Banks wrote:You heard it here,
I tell no lie,

Saradoc has
a PJ
in his eye,

A little twinkly loving glint,

That's why I sit
shudder
blink!

From "Saradoc Loves Peter Jackson: An Elegy" by Flotilla the Hun.

Wise Odo

Smile

Not up to your level of stunningly beautiful rhyming, but here we go:

Every night, PJs there,
sharing my bed,
it's true let it be said,
touching my skin, I don't care!
Saradoc
Saradoc
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next