Kafria
Ringdrotten
Pettytyrant101
32 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

News from the set - Page 40 Empty Re: News from the set

Post by Elthir Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:27 pm

Chris Wetherell's name generator generates names based on certain letters in certain positions. Not that it pretends to be anything but for fun in any case, but if you put in the Roman Alphabet you will still get something.

Very Happy

That said, some of the names generated are lifted directly from the books, so you might actually get a true Elvish name! However what you get doesn't really have anything to do with what you put in with respect to meaning of course (again you don't even have to put in an actual name). As I say it's just for fun, and I'm just noting how it works, not criticizing it.

Amarie's link is to Ales Bican's Quenya babybook. Ales has been studying Quenya (which changed through various stages of Tolkien's life) for some years now, and his suggestions actually try to translate Primary World names into something similar in meaning, giving the Quenya versions masculine and feminine forms as well.

Ales' suggestions are still (mostly at least) Neo-quenya names in my opinion, but that's not a comment on scholarship or accuracy, but simply a distinction with respect to Tolkien-made Quenya names.
Elthir
Elthir
Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:56 pm

Sadly Neo-Quenya in various versions is the closest we will get, unless they actually manage to sit down and make a common Neo-Quenya or Neo-Sindarin language.

I guess the question is if you just want a nice elven name or if you want your real name in (neo)Quenya/Sindarin. My real name means war, but I felt that would make a poor elf name. So I chose Amarië as a username, since the Sil said Amarië might mean good or free from evil.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:35 am

Ryan Gage is playing Alfrid, the conniving servant of the Master of Laketown, played by Stephen Fry, in The Hobbit. He recently posted a picture on his Facebook and Twitter accounts that gives us a glimpse of the actors in their plainclothes, but also a tiny peek of what I can only assume is the Laketown set!

News from the set - Page 40 Laketo10
chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:34 am

What a pair of gay chaps, what! Very Happy

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:23 pm

Just read on Facebook, new onset video out soon Very Happy
chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:44 pm

MTV News caught up with rising star Benedict Cumberbatch recently, who is playing not one but two roles in the film, he was full of praise for Jackson as well as his friend/co-star Martin Freeman.

“I was very lucky [to work] with Pete,” Cumberbatch told us at Elton John’s Oscar-viewing party. “As far as the experience, what an extraordinary one it was because at the time I was in my work; I was in isolation with him and this incredible tag team. And at the very cool place with that technology doing mo-cap for two characters, Smaug the dragon and another character, which will remain nameless, and it was an awful lot of fun.”

Cumberbatch went on to say that he hasn’t seen any finished shots from the film since he worked mainly by himself doing voice-over work and movements for the characters.

“It’s a sort of wonderful ongoing process,” he said. “I spent a lot of time recording voice as well as doing movements. So, it was sort of freeing; it was fun. It was like playing a game. It’s going to be an amazing film; it’s going to be a real treat. I watched ‘The Lord of the Rings’ again before I started working, and the way those films grow in depth of craft on every level are extraordinary. Their mark is for that.”

The “War Horse” actor admitted that the only trouble he had while on set was keeping a straight face when he saw his friend and “Sherlock” co-star Martin Freeman in costume as lovable Hobbit Bilbo Baggins.

“It was great. I got to hang out with him, and I kept a straight face for a bit and then I started giggling because I know Martin, I don’t know Bilbo,” Cumberbatch said with a grin. “For Martin to be sitting there playing Bilbo is amazing. He’s going to be amazing, he’s going to be fantastic in this film.”
chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:57 pm

chris63 wrote:Just read on Facebook, new onset video out soon Very Happy

I noticed that on my newsfeed this morning and was very excited. Very Happy I'm looking forward to seeing it!
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:58 am

I like the interview, I wonder who this nameless character is Smile and I wonder if he only did the Necromancer or if he did Smaug, but I think he didn't do Smaug since he wouldn't say nameless character, but Bilbo.

and looking forward to the video Very Happy
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:10 am

Are they going to have Gandalf and Sauron have a wizard's battle, and when Sauron is dissipated, he can't take 'human-like' form again? ('The Hobbit Movie' is a Prelude to that other travesty PJ made, after all. Not an adaptation a re-imagining... Nod )

(If they do, I hope it's like the one in the original book version of The Sword in the Stone. Even the movie version of the wizards battle in Sword in the Stone would be fun. Very Happy )

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:28 pm

the new blog is over in Bree if you want to see it Very Happy
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:55 pm

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:01 pm

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CAN'T WAIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy:D:D:D:D:D

cute horses and the landskape Shocked
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:08 pm

No doubting the beauty of it- but dwarves paddling half out of barrels! (Not sure if thats better or worse than rapids! And I still suspect we will get them as well, only filmed in a more controlled enviropnment) What were they fighting in the brief bit at the start in the trees? High leaping wargs or is there a fight with the orcs in the tree branches? Need to check that again.
Fat suit still loks like a fat suit to me, definetly still not been sold on the dwarves look in general but hoping fancy post work will make it all look more natural. The difference between footage shot like this for a blog and the finished article is so far apart these days its impossible to judge. The axe is still stupid no matter what though.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:22 pm

well.. if I remember correctly, they did run up a tree when chased by wargs and goblins.

and did I see a dwarf at the end there with horns in his helmet?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:48 pm

I like the look of Laketown, it looks Vikingy. Very Happy
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down