‘The Hobbit’ in 3D en aan High Frame Rate in Belgische bioscoopzalen van Utopolis

+5
TheHobbitGirl
halfwise
Pettytyrant101
Norc
patriciamalick
9 posters

Go down

‘The Hobbit’ in 3D en aan High Frame Rate in Belgische bioscoopzalen van Utopolis  Empty ‘The Hobbit’ in 3D en aan High Frame Rate in Belgische bioscoopzalen van Utopolis

Post by patriciamalick Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:08 pm

Mechelen 22/11/2012 – The Hobbit, de zogenaamde prequel van J.R.R. Tolkien’s trilogie The Lord Of The Rings, zal slechts in enkele bioscoopzalen wereldwijd te zien zijn aan 48 beelden per seconde. Deze nieuwe technologie zorgt voor een realistische en gedetailleerde weergave van de film, maar niet elke bioscoop in België is klaar voor deze stap. Utopolis Mechelen en Turnhout zijn één van de weinige uitverkoren bioscopen ter wereld waar de film in de nieuwe technologie zal te zien zijn.
The Hobbit
Fantasy liefhebbers wachten al een tijdje op de komst van Peter Jackson’s nieuwste film ‘The Hobbit: an unexpected journey’, het eerste deel van de nieuwe trilogie. The Hobbit wordt beschouwd als de prequel van de ‘Lord of the Rings’ en speelt zich ongeveer 50 jaar eerder in de tijd af. Het gaat over hoe de ‘One Ring’ werd ontdekt in Middle – Earth nadat het jaren verborgen is gebleven. De film toont het avontuur van Bilbo Baggins samen met Gandalf en dertien dwergen.
3D en 48 beelden per seconde
Wat de 3D film zo speciaal maakt is dat Peter Jackson bij het maken ervan gebruik maakte van een nieuwe technologie waarbij de framerate 48 beelden per seconde (bps) bedraagt. “Dit is een verdubbeling van de standaardnorm van 24 beelden per seconde, die al geldt sinds het ontstaan van cinema in 1930. Het betekent concreet dat de bioscoopganger twee keer zoveel beelden ziet in één seconde. Peter Jackson mikt met deze vernieuwende technologie op een meer realistische, gedetailleerde en levendigere weergave. Het voorkomt wazige of flikkerende beelden in actiescènes en ook de beeldkwaliteit van donkere 3D-scènes is veel verbeterd. Peter Jackson is ervan overtuigd dat het grote publiek er van zal houden. Films kijken in 48 bps heeft als grote voordeel dat het veel minder vermoeiend is voor de ogen, zeker voor 3D beelden”, aldus Tanja Piessens, bij Utopolis Belgium.
“We leven in een snel veranderd digitaal tijdperk. Er wordt voortdurend technologie ontwikkeld die de bestaande cinema-ervaring verbetert en verrijkt. High Frame Rate opnames voor de mainstream film is pas de laatste twee jaren rendabel geworden en toch leven we in een tijdperk van toenemende home entertainment. Ik filmde The Hobbit in HFR omdat ik het publiek wilde laten ervaren hoe opmerkelijk meeslepend de hele theatrale cinema-ervaring kan zijn”, aldus Peter Jackson.
Innovatie bij Utopolis
De dag van vandaag zijn slechts een beperkt aantal bioscopen uitgerust met apparatuur die deze nieuwe technologie aankan. Weinig cinema’s beschikken over digitale projectoren die 48 beelden per seconde kunnen afspelen. Oude modellen kunnen deze technologie helemaal niet aan, terwijl modernere versies door een software-update wel The Hobbit in 48 bps kunnen uitzenden. Om deze reden verdeelt Warner Bros het eerste deel van The Hobbit in 48 bps slechts aan enkele bioscopen. Utopolis is één van de pioniers in België op het vlak van het aanbieden van een moderne filmervaring en beschikt al een tijdje over de nodige software. “We streven ernaar om steeds de meest moderne technologie te kunnen aanbieden aan onze bezoekers”, zegt Tanja Piessens, Marketing manager bij Utopolis Belgium. “Het bekijken van een 48 bps film geeft je het gevoel echt aanwezig te zijn bij de film. Ik ben er zeker van dat bioscoopbezoekers na het zien van deze film niets anders meer gaan willen. Je kan het een beetje vergelijken met de introductie van de kleurenfilm of de 3D film. Bioscoopgangers moeten altijd even wennen aan veranderingen.” The Hobbit gaat op 12/12/12 in première. Utopolis vertoont de film als eerste in België op haar middernachtvoorstelling om 00.01u op 12/12/12.
www.utopolis.be

patriciamalick

Back to top Go down

‘The Hobbit’ in 3D en aan High Frame Rate in Belgische bioscoopzalen van Utopolis  Empty Re: ‘The Hobbit’ in 3D en aan High Frame Rate in Belgische bioscoopzalen van Utopolis

Post by Norc Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:23 pm

wow, you're a smart guy.. posting this in the lotr and hobbit section. *thumbs up*

now translate it, bitch.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

‘The Hobbit’ in 3D en aan High Frame Rate in Belgische bioscoopzalen van Utopolis  Empty Re: ‘The Hobbit’ in 3D en aan High Frame Rate in Belgische bioscoopzalen van Utopolis

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:51 pm

Thats the style Norc- no messing!

Perhaps our new member does not speak english, or not well enough to write in it?

And now I want to know not just what a 'bioscoopganger' is but whats the difference betwen it and a 'bioscoopbezoekr'?

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:13 pm

My translater app says 'bioscoopganger' means 'bioscoopganger'. That's pretty obvious, Petty, why do you have to make things so complicated?

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:14 pm

"Mechelen 22/11/2012 - The main header bit, de zogenaamde prequel van J.R.R. Tolkien's trilogy The lord OF The of ring, zal slechts into enkele bioscoopzalen wereldwijd Te zien zijn aan 48 beelden by seconde. Deze never Uwe technology"

maybe it's Dutch?

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:18 pm

AHA!
Mechelen 22/11/2012 - The main header bit, the so-called prequel van J.R.R. Tolkien's trilogy The Lord OF The or ring, only to into some cinema rooms will see being worldwide to 48 pictures by second. These never Uwe technology ensures a realistic and detailed reproduction of the film, but not each cinema in Belgium is ready for this step. Utopolis Mechelen and Turnhout are one of weinige the favorite cinemas in the world where film in new technology being will see.

Fantasy devotees wait already a spell for the arrival of Peter Jackson's newest film EThe Hobbit: an unexpected journey', the first part of the new trilogy. The Hobbit are considered as the prequel of the ELord or the Rings' and

etc etc I can only do I think 255 characters at a time and the above took several copy and pastes.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:20 pm

That's pretty obvious, Petty, why do you have to make things so complicated?-Halfwise

Its the buckie Halfwise it leads to such deep and meaningful questions. Tis a problem to be sure.

Whats your fancypants app got to say about 'bioscoopbezoekr'- and if 'bezoekr' turns out to be 'ganger' I will be soo diappointed. Mad

Is that supposed to be a translation Halfwise?! Shocked It makes no more sense than the original. Is your app imaginary by any chance? If not I hope you didnt open your sporran for it. Evil or Very Mad

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:31 pm

halfwise wrote:"Mechelen 22/11/2012 - The main header bit, de zogenaamde prequel van J.R.R. Tolkien's trilogy The lord OF The of ring, zal slechts into enkele bioscoopzalen wereldwijd Te zien zijn aan 48 beelden by seconde. Deze never Uwe technology"

maybe it's Dutch?

lol, I said it was dutch at the other thread and translated some without using google translate. Also Bioscoopgangers is put together by Bioscoop, which is an old name for the first thing that one watched movies on, and gangers which probably like gjenger on norwegian and means "a goer", so theathregoer.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:32 pm

someone fuse these two threads together, this is ridicolous.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHobbitGirl Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:57 pm

Hello!! I've heard that there will be a great XD Experience in Vlaardingen too, something with Dolby Atmos (amazing sounds). And 3D and High Frame Rate, i'm looking forward to it!!

TheHobbitGirl

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:07 pm

bioscoopganger = movie goer
Ik ben er zeker van dat bioscoopbezoekers na het zien van deze film niets = I am sure that moviegoers after seeing this film nothing.......
Thats all I found out ?

‘The Hobbit’ in 3D en aan High Frame Rate in Belgische bioscoopzalen van Utopolis  Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

‘The Hobbit’ in 3D en aan High Frame Rate in Belgische bioscoopzalen van Utopolis  Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:55 pm

I AM AGAIN REFERRING TO THE TWIN-THREAD OF THIS ONE ON THE LOTR PAGE WHERE I TRANSLATED HALF THE BLOODY TEXT WITHOUT USING GOOGLE TRANSLATE
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHobbitGirl Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:05 am

You can watch The Hobbit in XD Experience in JT Vlaardingen. Check this site:

http://www.xdexperience.nl/

It is in The Netherlands.

TheHobbitGirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:01 am

yeah. I am going to travel all the way to the Netherlands just for that.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:07 am

your keen Laughing

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:28 am

sarcasm.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:27 pm

And why does poor hobbitgirl deserve your sarcasm? i believe you've referred to goings-on in your own country.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:16 am

no, sorry, she didn't deserve my sarcasm.... it's just a long way away ..
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:48 pm

Norc wrote:no, sorry, she didn't deserve my sarcasm.... it's just a long way away ..

I'm trying desperately to avoid sarcasm, but what ISN'T a long way away from Tromsø???? Suspect

[Edit: I just failed, didn't I?]
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:55 pm

hehehe.. he... he.

that's not even funny Sad I live in literally NOWHERE!!! no one knows where I live.. I don't even think you find it on a globe.. or world maps in classrooms.. like.. the place that is always behind other stuff. Mad
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:45 pm

If it's any consolation, it's on my globe, though they don't write the "ø". It's not a big globe, but it still shows "Bodo, Narvik, Tromso, Hammerfest, Vadso."

On the other hand, I live 3 miles from a village that's 100 miles from the nearest town that rates mentioning on the globe (and my own country made the globe! Mad )

Tromsø is a really nice town, and I think part of the reason it's stayed that way may be that it's so far away from everywhere that nobody gets there by accident. Nod

David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:08 pm

haha, what? yeah.. so everyone meant to come here? that's what makes it good? scratch
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:15 pm

That article was more interesting in Dutch than it was in Ozhobitstani. Sleep

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:53 pm

Norc wrote:haha, what? yeah.. so everyone meant to come here? that's what makes it good? scratch

I've traveled through quite a few cities, towns and villages, and Tromsø is a very nice one, though you can't be expected to fully appreciate it until you've seen several of the alternatives.

One of the main things that I judge by is the feeling of community, and how friendly and helpful the people are. In big cities, many people see too many people in the day so they have walls up against strangers. You see thousands of them sitting silently on the trains, subways, and buses, texting and reading newspapers as if there were nobody within a mile of them. People who are too friendly are often trying to take advantage of you, so even when you make a friend you have to be careful. For me, cities are the saddest, loneliest places on earth!

Tromsø is NOT like that. I stepped off the Hurtegruten and had a friend in 5 minutes!

Also, Tromsø is spectacularly beautiful with the mountains, the sea, the old town, the snow, the northern lights, and what is rarer, it also has the cosmopolitan culture of a university town. I know you know this because of the pictures you post. If it were easier to get to there would be tens of thousands of people coming for vacation.

Then you would see condominiums spring up and a whole tourist economy would spring up to make money off them. Soon the locals would be moving away from the downtown and putting up interpersonal walls to protect themselves from all the strangers. I'm afraid that has become the normal when you live in a beautiful place.

Does that make sense, now?
David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:07 am

yeah, it makes sense, but I don't think Tromsø is ever going to end up as a huge city. Thank god for that ^^ I really like it here, I mean.. drive out for 30 minutes and you're on the country side Very Happy it's great. They are lots of herring here now, which means lots of lots of humpback whales (not very common here), pilot whales and killer whales. 20 minutes away by car. I haven't been and seen them (i feel so bad about that, but I haven't had the time, with school and all, and it has to be done in daylight.. lol.. which means I have to find time in weekends between 11 and 12.. so one hour) but it's really cool though Very Happy
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down