Ringdrotten
Gandalf's Beard
Eldorion
25 posters

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Confirmed Cast So Far - Page 11 Empty Re: Confirmed Cast So Far

Post by Eldorion Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:51 pm

Saradoc wrote:What do you want the man to do? Come out and say "Yeah, we're basically going to The Hobbit exactly as it is- characters, plot- everything!"

Yes. Cool

Well, not exactly as it is, obviously changes have to be made to make the story fit the medium of film. That said, I would like it if PJ were to adapt the same story and not try to expand it or make it bigger and betterer by adding more action and romance and Elves and who knows what else. I know that won't happen, though. Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:40 pm

*sigh* I just hope she's an extremely minor character. that i can live with. But will it turn out that way, probably not.

Confirmed Cast So Far - Page 11 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Saradoc Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:10 pm

I follow this site on facebook.

http://the-hobbitmovie.com/let-the-hobbit-romance-rumors-begin/

Personal highlights of the article for me include:

Some feel that any deviation from the actual story is diluting the original novel. Many trust Jackson and his ability to weave new stories while keeping the core story of the novel in place and not offending the fans. At any rate, it’s all too soon to tell, but we have full trust in Jackson and his team.

Though there is no talk of a romance with Bard in the novel, he does visit the Elves and fights beside them, which is a great opportunity to find a romance, much like Aragorn.

King Arthur: The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. That is why I am your king.

Dennis the Peasant: Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
Saradoc
Saradoc
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:20 pm

Interesting article, Saradoc, though I hope they're wrong about this. Razz I'm not sure what they mean by "diluting" the book, but I think that extended deviations and side-stories like this defeat the purpose of adapting an existing story and veers dangerously close to just exploiting brand-name recognition. Mad
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:09 am

"I'm not sure what they mean by "diluting" the book"- Eldo

Well if PJ were an example of it I'd hazard it meant something like taking a glass of clear, pure mountain water and then peeing in it.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:25 am

"Well if PJ were an example of it I'd hazard it meant something like taking a glass of clear, pure mountain water and then peeing in it."

Confirmed Cast So Far - Page 11 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSSzsW5lzxEoNNVCrvjAYkuKHsMeGogcx-CGoHmdKe0WY278aaI-Q

Confirmed Cast So Far - Page 11 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:36 am

I am never quite sure if he is impressive in his ability to endure things the rest of us would not even contemplate, or if he's just some sort of extreme pervert.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:51 am

lol!

Confirmed Cast So Far - Page 11 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Confirmed Cast So Far - Page 11 Empty cast.........

Post by leelee Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:50 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:I am never quite sure if he is impressive in his ability to endure things the rest of us would not even contemplate, or if he's just some sort of extreme pervert.

That explanation sounds reasonable. (Er why are you called Mr. Tyrant. Should not that complement be given to our Odo. In my city his respectable words would probably start a small riot, and then I would have to find a way to protect him.)
leelee
leelee
Free-est Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:43 am

lol! @ this whole page so far!
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:33 am

Why wasn't Sylvester McCoy picked as Bilbo? Suspect

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:58 am

What age is Sylvester? Bilbo is middle aged- I think Sylvester may have passed that (although Freeman is nowhere near it either).

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:10 am

I don't know how old, but he looked perfect. Looked right and I think a Bilbo-personality shone out from him. My own reaction to him surprised me. I found him believeable instantly. The other chap looks too lean and young. Another Elijah Frodo. Too young, too lean. Actually, Elijah was too pretty as well.

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:00 pm

Problem with Martin Freeman is that I always think of the sex scenes from Love Actually (my other half has forced me to watch it).

Maybe that is why they brought Tauriel in and she isnt gonna hook up with Kili or Fili or whoever.

Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:06 pm

oh, god... did you have to bring it up? it's so awekwards to watch..
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:55 pm

Eldorion wrote:
Pettytyrant101 wrote:

It is a dangerous tool, the forum!  We don't know who else might be reading.  (((Don't give PJ any ideas! No )))

I'm pretty sure that if Jackson and Co did end up reading this Forum over the last three years (particularly in the last year or so) there immediate thought would be 'These People need to get out more...' Laughing

Joking aside, Eldo pointed out a while back Forumshire is the third(?) most active Tolkien Forum on the Net at the moment, so I wouldn't be surprised if some of our, er, feedback got back to Jackson...

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:59 pm

[quote="Eldorion"]
Kafria wrote: it wouldn't be as funny if the Ultimate Purist Nightmare Edition is the one that we see in theatres. Sad

Unfortunately, I don't think that was too far away from the Truth...

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:09 pm

cast so far?  hmmm? why does Jackson even bother to cast some of these characters? From my understanding Billy Connolly isn't even in the last movie even though we know he was cast. First it was Conan Stevens now Billy Connolly. I mean really CGI and Mo-cap is not a better way to present characters IMHO. Personally I think it sucks, maybe Connolly's performance will see the EE.

Any more of Jackson's films will just be him and Andy Serkis all done with Mo-cap... Sad sad sad

Suspect  NEVERMIND I'LL BE OVER HERE KEEPING MY MOUTH SHUT Suspect
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:20 pm

Sinister71 wrote:cast so far?  hmmm? why does Jackson even bother to cast some of these characters? From my understanding Billy Connolly isn't even in the last movie even though we know he was cast. First it was Conan Stevens now Billy Connolly. I mean really CGI and Mo-cap is not a better way to present characters IMHO. Personally I think it sucks, maybe Connolly's performance will see the EE.

Any more of Jackson's films will just be him and Andy Serkis all done with Mo-cap... Sad sad sad

The Conan Stevens situation dosen't make alot of sense to me, he was shooting on the films for months, then the replaced him with a mo-cap Bolg played by Lawrence Makoare, who has himself apparently be replaced be a third actor in BOTFA, its's a bit of an insult to Stevens, not least becuase I've read the Orginal Bolg design Stevens portrayed makes a cameo apperance at Dol Guldor in the 3rd film.

As for Connoly, from what I've read the CGI thing is overblown, he does have some lines and close ups, but most of the battle sequnces are digitally touched up-remember Connoly was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease shortly after he filmed his first scenes for the Trilogy I think, he is not exactly a young man, so perhaps he was replaced by a CG figure for scheduling/insurance reasons.

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:05 pm

Connoly was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease shortly after he filmed his first scenes for the Trilogy I think, he is not exactly a young man- malcik

Dont see this as having anything to do with it- he filmed another film after this -

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:11 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Connoly was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease shortly after he filmed his first scenes for the Trilogy I think, he is not exactly a young man- malcik

Dont see this as having anything to do with it- he filmed another film after this -

Fair point, but acting against a Greenscreen in a heavy costume with long hours and a rapidly changing script can't have been fun for someone with limited interest in the source material.

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:14 pm

All films have long hours- nature of the beast- granted no heavy costume or makeup here- but I dont think turning him cgi seems necessary- he is still dong stand up tours and those are pretty damn grueling.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:25 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:All films have long hours- nature of the beast- granted no heavy costume or makeup here- but I dont think turning him cgi seems necessary- he is still dong stand up tours and those are pretty damn grueling.

I agree it does sound kinda fishy, I read on TORn a few days ago someone claimed they had inside information from John Hoe that the Dain 'istuation was more complex than people perceive' in the comments here:

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2014/12/02/95369-the-hobbit-the-battle-of-the-five-armies-review-much-to-enjoy-but-a-stumble-at-the-finish/

the person in question had posted one of the earliest legit interview of BOTFA, reading between the lines it seems a CG Dain was a relatively late in the game decision, much like the Azog/Bolg recastings and the 3 film split there is something rather fishy about this...

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:31 pm

Great comment on there-

'Fortunately, Peter Jackson hasn't destroyed my copy of the book.'

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:35 pm

peejers has got the same addiction people have with their mobile phones, Ipads etc, He will get withdrawal symptoms when they prise his firm grip off the CGI. He's gone 'digital crazy', he's got pixallated Pox, screen resolution Scab, Green screen Gunge-itis, Mo-cap Mange, Spring board septicaemia.

Confirmed Cast So Far - Page 11 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Confirmed Cast So Far - Page 11 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next