Ringdrotten
Gandalf's Beard
Eldorion
25 posters

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Confirmed Cast So Far - Page 2 Empty Re: Confirmed Cast So Far

Post by Tinuviel Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:51 pm

I'm really hoping it's not though, for all our sakes!!!!! There has to be at least ONE decent purist working on the staff! Like that kid who drew up the design of treebeard in LOTR when PJ was in a slump!
And I love the Butler Very Happy I'm glad he might make an appearance!!!!

Confirmed Cast So Far - Page 2 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:32 pm

And I’m still waiting to hear on the Hobbit. They’ve been in production a long time to get this going but they lost their director which is maybe why I haven’t heard anything yet so fingers crossed. There’s a couple of parts which I read for and they were pretty good auditions. So there it all is really.
from a dominic whatshisface interview in Jan. So maybe not!

'A novel is a long piece of prose with ,in the eyes of the author at least, something wrong with it - Neil Gaiman, intro to American gods
Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:30 am

Mmm... I don't want anyone to think I'm ust spamming here, but I feel a strong urge to make a comment here, Kafria, except I can't think of one just now... Neutral
odo banks
odo banks
Respectable Hobbit of Needlehole

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:10 am

Odo that is disgraceful behaviour! Not even a tiny bit respectable! I am sooo disappointed, you'd never catch me posting without a valid point or just rambling on about nothing for no purpose, making comments entirely divorced from the subject of the thread at hand. Disgraceful I say again!

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:27 pm

Tsk, tsk. Mad
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:17 pm

Sir Ian Holm left out in the cold as The Hobbit starts filming - telegraph article http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/film-news/8357397/Sir-Ian-Holm-left-out-in-the-cold-as-The-Hobbit-starts-filming.html

Britain has few more respected actors than Sir Ian Holm, but Mandrake hears that the veteran of the Royal Shakespeare Company has still to be accorded the courtesy of being notified whether or not he will be required on the set of Peter Jackson’s eagerly awaited film The Hobbit.

“I don’t know what’s happening,” the 79-year-old actor admitted to me at the Saatchi Gallery. “I haven’t heard anything for weeks.”

The fact that he was in talks suggests that the idea of bilbo reading the red book as a faming device is in the film somewhere!
But that leaves the questions of what frodo is doing?

'A novel is a long piece of prose with ,in the eyes of the author at least, something wrong with it - Neil Gaiman, intro to American gods
Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:23 pm

Interesting. I had no idea Ian Holm was even involved. I thought PJ had just dumped him.
Bilbo reading the Redbook always seemed like the obvious choice to me, and a means to keep at points the 'voice' of the narrator from the books.
But as you say if they were going to use Bilbo for that purpose what on earth is Frodo doing in it? Nothing good to be sure.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:03 am

On Ian Mckellens website it has a tentative release date of 19 December (2012 I assume) - hes started making regular blog entries of what he's upto and posted some pictures of a walk he took on flicker!

Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:59 am

Just saw an interview with James Nesbitt. It was filmed just before he left for NZ to promote his new TV drama that is just starting- obviously with him out the country he's not about in person to do the promo work. But they did ask him about TH at the end. He confirmed he was playing a dwarf and said "I don't know much about him yet except he likes mince pies, playing the clarinet and cheese apparently."
No mention if he was keeping his Irish accent for the role either.

Can't remember offhand without checking if there are mince pies in TH, there's seedcake.
Clarinet is a hopeful sign that at least some of the songs are going to be in it. Very Happy
No idea where they are going with the cheese thing- hopefully not towards poor gags about cutting it.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:26 pm

More Nesbitt news from ToR, theres a dull as ditch water tell you nothing interview.
"We're doing lots of horse riding and stunts and stuff. We're basically playing!" - is what he says of 'dwarf training'.
I assume the horses are doubling for scaled ponies. (I hope).

And McKellan has tweeted he saw Freeman in his hobbit gear doing tests in front of green screen for the 3d-cameras and getting used to his 'hobbit feet' and working on his 'hobbit gait'- I wonder if he is studying how Ian Holms moved for that or doing his own thing.
Commenting on Martin McKellan says in his blog ;'Martin Freeman was transmuting into a character whose reality will soon be as authentic as his own.' So either impressed or being supportive to a fellow pro and Brit. I suppose even if he thought Freeman sucked he's hardly likely to say so!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:17 pm

*yawn* That's, what, the second Nesbitt interview in a week? Surely the man is not that interesting. I mean no offence, but there's only so much you can say about "dwarf training". Rolling Eyes
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Saradoc Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:16 pm

Indeed, he's being rather short-sighed (Very Happy) he used up all his interview material up already and they've only just started filming. Correct me if I'm wrong- but there aren't that many stunts in The Hobbit are there? Plus the only horseriding is between Beorn's house and Mirkwood...let's just hope they don't combine the horse-riding and stunts. I'm thinking along the lines of "a dwarf sees a wolf running alongside, and promptly falls of his mount"- that would make it interesting.... Very Happy
Saradoc
Saradoc
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:36 pm

Don't even jest Saradoc! I was doing a reasonable job of convincing myself its just learning to ride and the stunts bit is separate from the riding.
If memory serves they set out on ponies and don't loose them until the Misty Mountains. But its all pleasant jogging along not stunts. The troll bit they go on foot and I can't think of anything else between Hobbiton and the mountains that would require stunts on horseback.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:15 pm

More from Sir Ian's blog;

"I’ve been reading The Hobbit yet again; the book and the film-script, at least part one of it. In both, the characters leap off the page."

Mmmm, yes but in the book they leap off and are a delight, here's hoping the same is true of the film and unlike LotR they don't leap off the screen and just give me a ten year crabbit attack! Evil or Very Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:30 pm

I have a feeling Sir Ian's blog is going to be on my daily check list, so much more interesting than the 'news' on TORn or HMN at the moment. He has a great written voice too!

Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:37 pm

He does write well. Although I find him occasionally a bit of a crusader for his favourite cause- gay rights- my only problem with that is I'm not sure what rights gays in the UK don't have these days- far as I can tell there is no (legal) prejudice left. Gay people can get a civil partnership (marriage in all but name) name their partners in wills and for inheritance etc and can take employers or coworkers to tribunal if they discriminate- same as everyone else really.
Given that when he was a young man he could have been arrested and imprisoned for sodomy you'd think he'd be pleased how things have gone.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:10 pm

The Scottish actor also talked at some length about his pending role as the wizard Radagast in Peter Jackson's much-delayed New Zealand production of The Hobbit - and clears up fairly definitively whether the character is just making a brief cameo, referring to his involvement in 'two films' for the project and responding to a question about the duration of his stay down under with:

Oh, six to eight weeks, the first time, and then I've got to go back another three or four times over the next three years.

The character of Radagast was not included from the source novels in the original Lord Of The Rings movies (2001 -2003), and McCoy commented on how the role is being woven into The Hobbit, in which book Radagast has very little presence:

There were bits of Radagast in the original books; there were bits of him in The Hobbit and some bits in Lord Of The Rings. They didn't use him in the film, so they're taking bits from there. Also there were later writings in the 1960s, I believe, in which Radagast was mentioned.
From an interview with Sylvester McCoy.

Where's Radagast in the hobbit? and how does meeting Gandalf on the old north south road fit in to this timeline? Timewise it doesn't sound like a cameo, but also not a huge role either!

Role on next Monday when we may start to hear more from the set itself!

Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:30 pm

I have no idea what he's on about.

"were bits of Radagast in the original books" - 1 bit and a couple of name checks.

"They didn't use him in the film, so they're taking bits from there"- again 1 bit! All I can think of here is that Gandlaf will first meet Radagst on the road and will tell him to use his birds and beast friends for something. Other than thatt the two have no relation (and thats not even a relation just a guess on my part)

"Also there were later writings in the 1960s"- anyone know what he is on about here? All I can think is reference in UT in the Istari bit. But there's nothing there you could make any use of.

I live for the day when some news come out that pleases me or at the very least doesn't provoke a crabbit attack.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:25 pm

Yeah, Radagast merited a few mentions in scraps of notes that found their way into UT and possibly HOME, but they don't amount to much of anything. And Radagast does not have any presence in The Hobbit, beyond being mentioned briefly during Gandalf's conversation with Beorn. If that is enough to give him a presence, then Beren and Luthien have a "presence" in LOTR. Rolling Eyes
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:36 pm

Only extra bits I can think of you haven't mentioned Eldo is couple of his letters. A debate over whether Radagast failed or not as a wizard- Tolkien seemed to think he had by becoming enamoured of the wild things in ME and so abandoned his primary job. But I don;t see how they can work that into TH, or what use it would serve the story if they did.
More I think about it the worse an idea having Radagast in it is at all- I wonder if they will do something stupid- like kill him for a big 'Boromir' moment to explain why a prominent member of the WC doesn't warrant so much as a name check in PJ's LotR's.
Oh God I just read that back- its what they are going to do isn't it!! affraid

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:40 pm

You know with all our 'fears' as we keep finding them.... well it could be a pretty interesting movie,even quite a funny parody, but only if our fears trun out to be unfounded!

Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:07 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Only extra bits I can think of you haven't mentioned Eldo is couple of his letters. A debate over whether Radagast failed or not as a wizard- Tolkien seemed to think he had by becoming enamoured of the wild things in ME and so abandoned his primary job. But I don;t see how they can work that into TH, or what use it would serve the story if they did.

I was thinking mainly of the chapter about the Istari in Unfinished Tales, but I agree that I don't see how that can really be incorporated into The Hobbit.

More I think about it the worse an idea having Radagast in it is at all- I wonder if they will do something stupid- like kill him for a big 'Boromir' moment to explain why a prominent member of the WC doesn't warrant so much as a name check in PJ's LotR's.

It is a dangerous tool, the forum! We don't know who else might be reading. (((Don't give PJ any ideas! No )))
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:08 am

Kafria wrote:You know with all our 'fears' as we keep finding them.... well it could be a pretty interesting movie,even quite a funny parody, but only if our fears trun out to be unfounded!

Some sort of fan-made parody like The Hobbit: Ultimate Purist Nightmare Edition could well make me laugh. Laughing But, as you say, it wouldn't be as funny if the Ultimate Purist Nightmare Edition is the one that we see in theatres. Sad
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:32 pm

On a search for news came across a new site with Hobbit movie news - King under the mountain - had a couple of interesting titbits on it

From the union dispute papers at the end of last year:

Details of last November’s highly public dispute between the makers of The Hobbit and Actors Equity have come to light for the first time through documents obtained under the Official Information Act.

It seems there are 75 “main character roles” (defined as those with any dialogue), in the two Hobbit movies and Sir Peter Jackson’s production company has permission to bring in 40 internationals for these.

So I guess time to count those we know and then guess which others are speaking parts

Followed by

Now, do you notice anything about him (yes, besides the usual, “He’s handsome…”, “He’s gorgeous…”, “He’s dreamy…”, etc, I get from his enormous fan club every time I mention him)?

That’s right — he’s no longer wearing the beard that we saw him in when the Hobbit press conference was held back in mid-February.

So the self grown beards might have died a death!!

Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:58 pm

Well may as well start countng!
We can account for 15 straight away-13 dwarves 1 hobbit and a wizard. And gollum, 3 trolls, at least 1 spider and a dragon accounts for the monsters (I think). Then theres the goblin chief, Thranduil, Bard, Beorn, the chief of Laketown. The elvish butler.
On the WC we have Galdariel, Elrond, Radagast, Saruman.
So that's what, 31 accounted for so far.
On what we know we can probably add Drogo, Frodo and Legolas to that giving 34.
Any advances?

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next