Pettytyrant101
Lorient Avandi
Mrs Figg
Lancebloke
Norc
12 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Colorado movie theatre shooting - Page 5 Empty Re: Colorado movie theatre shooting

Post by halfwise Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:17 am

popping out of my spinning hole for a moment: after Columbine one of my room-mates mentioned the idea that if any of the teachers had been armed, the massacre might have been stopped. I immediately responded that you don't want to give any teachers of teenagers a gun - the emotional levels just get too high at times. I mentioned it to the teachers at school (full of very conservative folks by the way) and the reaction was the same: for the love of god don't give teachers guns!

On the other hand, if people suspected other folks might be armed, I doubt the batman scenario would have happened. There is no black and white.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Colorado movie theatre shooting - Page 5 Empty Re: Colorado movie theatre shooting

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:26 am

Great to see you dipping your hairy toes back in the pool Halfwise. cheers

And you are right. Nothing is black and white. Yet we bring our children up on tales that are black and white- then they grow up and find out its all shades of grey. Wonder why we do that? scratch

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:21 pm

50 shades of grey?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:32 pm

Petty you should know very well I was not talking about ALL video games, some are very artistic, I was of course talking about the mass produced low budget crap you can buy in bargain buckets, the sort of stuff that is just there to satisfy the lowest common denominator. I cant understand the intellectual stimulus to watch thousands of similar shoot em up wham bang exploding aliens/people/creatures, its just boring.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:50 pm

There isnt really any mass produced bargain bucket crap games (well there are but not the notably violent shooters). Most of the violent shooters are part of massive multi million dollar franchises like Call of Duty or Halo.

And I'm not a fan of them either as I prefer sandbox games over being led by the nose.

The GTA (Grand Theft Auto) franchise is probably one of the most violent franchises out there- you always play a crim of some sort- you deal in drugs, weapons, kill people for other people, even pick up prostitutes if you want and then bash their heads in with a bat afterwards to get your money back. And in the course of the game you will shoot a lot of cops.
Yet I would defend those games as art on several levels myself.

Last edited by Pettytyrant101 on Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:01 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:And you are right. Nothing is black and white. Yet we bring our children up on tales that are black and white- then they grow up and find out its all shades of grey. Wonder why we do that? scratch

They can't handle the truth! None of you can!

I would imagine it is so they have a starting point to benchmark from and decide how grey each shade actually is. Suppose the problem there is that everyones black and white is different and some people dont actually teach their kids at all so they accept the lessons taught in Call of Duty or on Fiddy Cent's albums.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:05 pm

Not many lessons in Call of Duty- foreigners are all dangerous and should be shot. Only move when the world wants you to. And life consists of a series of disguised and not so disguised corridors you will be led down whether you want to go there or not. (Actually that last one might be true of life).

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5